I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

zepan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    greetings, 50 posts??

Hello all, l spend most my time in the classified section and am first curious of why you need 50 posts to reply to a post. Then also curious of what is the fastest way to get to 50 so I may interact with the classifieds. Thanks for such a great site.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    Just participate in the forum making 50 QUALITY post

Or become a site supporter and gain instant access

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You need it because INGO is much more than a place to buy and sell stuff.Take time to talk to people before you get to buy or sell.
    Also you can just pay and become a site supporter if you dont want to buy or sell stuff now.

And welcome to INGO!

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Yep, the reason is to encourage valuable interaction amongst members - and because the site owner says so.

Find a topic you have an interest in or knowledge of and start contributing; you'll be at 50 posts in no time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hello all, l spend most my time in the classified section and am first curious of why you need 50 posts to reply to a post. Then also curious of what is the fastest way to get to 50 so I may interact with the classifieds. Thanks for such a great site.

This keeps the newbies out and makes them earn a slot in the big skeem of things. If we did not have this rule this would turn into armslist.

You have one post that may be deemed quality. Make 49 more (not one liner dumb crap) and you are in if the rules do not change. This also gives you a chance to see how ingo works. It is not here for the classifieds. They are a perk of being a quality/contributing member. Luck to you.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You need it because INGO is much more than a place to buy and sell stuff.Take time to talk to people before you get to buy or sell.
    Also you can just pay and become a site supporter if you dont want to buy or sell stuff now.

And welcome to INGO!

Yep, the reason is to encourage valuable interaction amongst members - and because the site owner says so.

Find a topic you have an interest in or knowledge of and start contributing; you'll be at 50 posts in no time.

This keeps the newbies out and makes them earn a slot in the big skeem of things. If we did not have this rule this would turn into armslist.

You have one post that may be deemed quality. Make 49 more (not one liner dumb crap) and you are in if the rules do not change. This also gives you a chance to see how ingo works. It is not here for the classifieds. They are a perk of being a quality/contributing member. Luck to you.

What they said^^^^.

Welcome to INGO.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    And just because you become a site supporter does not mean everyone will be willing to do business with you. As has been mentioned, we are a community 1st(no matter how dysfunctional) that just happens to have a classified section.

Welcome to INGO

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI

Because if I agree to drive an hour to meet you with $600 cash money because I want to buy a pistol from you, I'd want to know more about you then just a made up screen name.

50 quality posts can reveal alot about a person (mainly if you're a scammer or not)

Also, like others have said, INGO is a gun community first, with a place where you can sell/buy guns. Its not a store first that happens to have a message board attached.

Oh, and welcome.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Hello all, l spend most my time in the classified section and am first curious of why you need 50 posts to reply to a post.

Reading the INGO FAQ, linked below in my signature, will answer this question in detail.

Then also curious of what is the fastest way to get to 50 so I may interact with the classifieds.

The fastest way would be to become a Site Supporter.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...omated_site_supporter_donations_are_here.html

Thanks for such a great site.

You're very welcome! Thanks for being here!

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    Welcome!

The forum is apparently seeking members that participate, or 'give back' in other threads, perhaps for the purpose of share some their experiences, or expressing intent to learn new things from others on INGO.

Otherwise, members that visit-only the classifieds could be perceived as being more interested in taking away, or getting rid of stuff-instead of perpetuating a more, well-rounded forum for the masses.

Last edited:

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs

Welcome to INGO!

Fast and Furious Fifty?? Doesn't work here usually.

Not sure about the fastest way to get to 50, ....
    But the fastest way to frustration is to try to get to 50 fast.

If it looks like you're trying to get to 50 fast, you'll get some of your numbers decreased as only quality posts will count towards that 50.

As others have indicated, this is not a gun exchange club. The classifieds are no one's business and just a fringe benefit for members.

I'd suggest that you stop looking at the classifieds and start looking into posts that may interest you.... and add your two cents.

Good luck and Godspeed

bigo334

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Greenfield
    Another one if these? It's not hard to get 50 posts and maybe learn something. I've been a member for awhile and have a low post count but there are a lot of things I just read and keep up with. It's easy, and welcome to INGO!

Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    Jeez, another 'I don't like the 50 post rule, how do I defeat its purpose post.' :D

Let's see, 10 quality posts a day for 5 days and you're in! If you can't find 10 threads in all of INGO to comment on per day then start asking quality questions. It really doesn't take that long. Do a search for something that interests you and start writing.

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    Just participate in the forum making 50 QUALITY post

Or become a site supporter and gain instant access

And welcome to INGO!

And just because you become a site supporter does not mean everyone will be willing to do business with you. As has been mentioned, we are a community 1st(no matter how dysfunctional) that just happens to have a classified section.

Welcome to INGO

Because if I agree to drive an hour to meet you with $600 cash money because I want to buy a pistol from you, I'd want to know more about you then just a made up screen name.

50 quality posts can reveal alot about a person (mainly if you're a scammer or not)

Also, like others have said, INGO is a gun community first, with a place where you can sell/buy guns. Its not a store first that happens to have a message board attached.

Oh, and welcome.

Reading the INGO FAQ, linked below in my signature, will answer this question in detail.

The fastest way would be to become a Site Supporter.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...omated_site_supporter_donations_are_here.html

You're very welcome! Thanks for being here!
    Go with what they said... and welcome to INGO..

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    If you open up your mind and do some exploring you will undoubtedly find some great info and maybe broaden your enjoyment of firearms. I've learned about knives, Appleseed project, preparedness, carry issues, and so much more.

Open up some different threads, ask questions, share your experiences.

50 posts will fly by.

jabbett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Why so restrictive?

I enjoy the forum a great deal. Lots of great knowledgeable people and great information. I have been a member of various internet forum communities for over 15 years. I enjoy this forum as much as any that I have been a part of.

I understand the need to know who we are dealing with and rules have to be in place to keep everyone safe. However, I have never seen a forum that is so restrictive. Members cannot post in the classifieds until they have 50 posts in the other forum areas. I understand not being able to create new ads for an amount of time. But, new members can't even respond to an ad or send a pm. Does every new member have 50 posts of useful information?

Classified sections help to drive people to forums. People visiting the forums and seeing advertiser's ads pays the bills. If a member can't utilize the forum for what is was intended what is the point of having it? Obviously, this is the forum owners sandbox, so his rules apply. I don't have a problem with that.

Does anyone else think the new members restrictions are too restrictive? Have anyone considered a premium level of membership with fewer restrictions?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom