I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    Quality over quantity.

And that folks, is the moral of the story.

This is the point that many business owners never understand. It's the content that keeps people coming. If you're just looking for a gun classifieds site, go to Gun Broker.

If it was my decision, I would do away with the classifieds as it seems to be more trouble than it's worth. I really appreciate the immense amount of work the mods must dedicate to moderating it.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    the fact is the clssified it loosing out on potential buyers, sellers, and traders. I believe it is just set up to make money.

Well, at least your sense of dissatisfaction with INGO hasn't kept you from posting a bunch of one-liners. Keep going, I'm sure there's a $700 used KelTec in the classifieds just waiting for you.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This is correct. The difference is, we are losing out on the type of potential buyers and sellers that can't make a 50-post or $15 commitment to do so. Cutting out those potential buyers and sellers has made for a higher quality classifieds section.

Quality over quantity.
    This is one of the things I like about the INGO classifieds. It's not one big free for all with a bunch of scam artists running rampant.

For the most part you have an opportunity to get to know another member or check them out as a potential buyer and or seller. I think for this reason alone the 50 post rule or site supporter contribution is a decent thing.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Free commerce will make a site grow faster than zombie threads. Increase traffic thus increasing advertizing revenue.

Do you ever answer a question/post directly, or do you prefer to just post your opinion over and over again without any substance of debate/discussion?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    the fact is the clssified it loosing out on potential buyers, sellers, and traders. I believe it is just set up to make money.

Can you post your address? We would all like to come over and put up tables in your front yard to sell our stuff. You won't charge us though, right?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Sometimes I think it would make more sense to folks if INGO looked like this:

scottsdale-gun-club.jpg

Wonder if these same people would get offended if they walked into Gander Mountain, set up their own table, tried to sell THEIR OWN guns, and had Gander Mountain kick them out on their butt? :dunno:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    This is correct. The difference is, we are losing out on the type of potential buyers and sellers that can't make a 50-post or $15 commitment to do so. Cutting out those potential buyers and sellers has made for a higher quality classifieds section.

Quality over quantity.

Ohhhh..........I think that I might actually be getting this!

The "Quality" 50-Post rule is filtering out the potential deadbeats, scammers and the "50-post rule" protesters from becoming INGO members.
    By doing this we are gaining "Higher Quality Members" here on INGO.
    I don't know why I didn't see it earlier......Now I feel honored to be here. :)

So how did Rambone get in? :dunno:

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    This is one of the things I like about the INGO classifieds. It's not one big free for all with a bunch of scam artists running rampant.

For the most part you have an opportunity to get to know another member or check them out as a potential buyer and or seller. I think for this reason alone the 50 post rule or site supporter contribution is a decent thing.

I'm with this one. I never joined to use the classifieds, though I have. To be honest, I can't even remember how I found the site.
    However, compared to some of the Craigslist horror stories I've heard, and some of the hassles I've had with local classified ads, of the few transactions I've had through here, I've NEVER had a bad one. Not ONE.

Didn't really FULLY understand the rule at first, had never been on a site that had that, but now I'm a full 100% supporter of the rule. Pony up, or hit the trail.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

Quality over quantity

?????????

How am I still here then? :lmfao:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Haven't we been taught that we should share the wealth?

Yeah, I really don't get that. You'll never hear anyone say that about any of our advertisers: "They're just set up to make money." Remember what I said a few pages back, about the sense of entitlement that many people seem to have when they come to INGO? Apparently, everyone is entitled to the fruits of our labor except the people who actually built and maintain the site. I guess INGO should just be a charity funded entirely out of Fenway's pocket.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Yeah, I really don't get that. You'll never hear anyone say that about any of our advertisers: "They're just set up to make money." Remember what I said a few pages back, about the sense of entitlement that many people seem to have when they come to INGO? Apparently, everyone is entitled to the fruits of our labor except the people who actually built and maintain the site. I guess INGO should just be a charity funded entirely out of Fenway's pocket.

In that case, I am a few bucks short this month, can Fenway send me a couple of hundred????:D

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    OH NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

All this talk about profit! NOOOOOO!!!!

Profits are eeeeeeeevvvviiiilllllll and should be banned.

Komrades, UNITE!

:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

Seriously though, just pony up $15 bucks and quit whining if all you want is access to the shopping center.

INGO is a great site and if you can't get 50 quality posts, you really don't belong here anyway. We welcome new members because we are all thirsting for knowledge. That's what fuels our passion, right?

Or you may disregard this post.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    OH NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

All this talk about profit! NOOOOOO!!!!

Profits are eeeeeeeevvvviiiilllllll and should be banned.

Komrades, UNITE!

:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

Seriously though, just pony up $15 bucks and quit whining if all you want is access to the shopping center.

INGO is a great site and if you can't get 50 quality posts, you really don't belong here anyway. We welcome new members because we are all thirsting for knowledge. That's what fuels our passion, right?

Or you may disregard this post.

Disregarding.

Speaking of disregarding i was talking to a telemarketer the other day and almost busted out laughing when i told them to disregard something.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom