I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jsunjones

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Avon, IN
    15 posts before you can PM?

I'm new to the site and really enjoying it. I wanted to PM my interest in a hand gun in the trader section and I can't PM (15 posts required) or reply to the post (50 posts for that). Why are these limits imposed? Feels like it would influence newbs to spam garbage on threads just to get their count up??

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    That is true in regards to the spam but that usually just gets them banned. They only count quality posts and remove all of the "one liners" anyhow. You can pay for site supporter status and get all of those rights immediately.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    This is implemented (IMHO), to keep people from joining just to buy something from the classifieds.

You will probably have a hard time finding a member to sell to you even if you had 15 posts and were able to pm. Most guys won't deal with anyone under 50 posts.

jsunjones

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Avon, IN
    This is implemented (IMHO), to keep people from joining just to buy something from the classifieds.

You will probably have a hard time finding a member to sell to you even if you had 15 posts and were able to pm. Most guys won't deal with anyone under 50 posts.

I see the point on the classifieds, I didnt join for that but quickly got interested with a few things. It's unfortunate a post count is a measure of who to do business with - but i guess there's nothing else good to go on.

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I see the point on the classifieds, I didnt join for that but quickly got interested with a few things. It's unfortunate a post count is a measure of who to do business with - but i guess there's nothing else good to go on.

We are a community, and a lot of people who post in the classifieds try to sell it here, to try to give it to the community before posting it on gun broker and what not later. They also put a lower price on it here than they would on gun broker. The 50 post for the classifieds used to be lower.. 10 I think? There was a lot of people who would come in, contribute very little to the community, and then, buy up the guns a discounted rate, and then turn around and sell them almost immediately for cash. We just try to make sure you're here for us and the community and not the benefits and perks that come with it.:rockwoot:

Don't worry.. fifty posts can go by very very quickly, read threads that sound interesting and if you find something you like, contribute!

jsunjones

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Avon, IN
    We are a community, and a lot of people who post in the classifieds try to sell it here, to try to give it to the community before posting it on gun broker and what not later. They also put a lower price on it here than they would on gun broker. The 50 post for the classifieds used to be lower.. 10 I think? There was a lot of people who would come in, contribute very little to the community, and then, buy up the guns a discounted rate, and then turn around and sell them almost immediately for cash. We just try to make sure you're here for us and the community and not the benefits and perks that come with it.:rockwoot:

Don't worry.. fifty posts can go by very very quickly, read threads that sound interesting and if you find something you like, contribute!

Understood and makes sense - just donated for Site Supporter. I have a tendancy to be a lurker and only contribute when I provide useful info, so up front I think contributing is the best way to show I'm here for the community. And I'll work on coming out of my cage a little more often :)

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Understood and makes sense - just donated for Site Supporter. I have a tendancy to be a lurker and only contribute when I provide useful info, so up front I think contributing is the best way to show I'm here for the community. And I'll work on coming out of my cage a little more often :)

Good deal!:rockwoot:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I'm new to the site and really enjoying it. I wanted to PM my interest in a hand gun in the trader section and I can't PM (15 posts required) or reply to the post (50 posts for that). Why are these limits imposed? Feels like it would influence newbs to spam garbage on threads just to get their count up??

You know... There ought to be a place where questions like this that get asked frequently would be answered. I don't know... maybe we could call it something original like a FAQ list... And maybe it might be linked from the signatures of all the mods or up at the top of the forum on one of the tabs, like maybe on the far right, right above your name...

Nah, it'd never work. ;)

Sorry about the sarcasm, I mean it in good fun. :welcome: to :ingo: and thanks for coming in and sticking around...

and also for signing up as a Site Supporter. If you want to PM me with the details of your PayPal transaction, I'll make sure to bring it to Fenway's attention so it gets processed ASAP.

Hope to see you around the boards, and again, :welcome:!

Blessings,
    Bill

marine777

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    TIEING up SALES!!!

You TALK about FREEDOM...I just found this place...signed on..looking to BUY a Weapon but I cant...BECAUSE I have NOT posted 50 Times..THATS FREEDOM..there are guys out there wanting to sell a Gun and I cant buy it BECAUSE ..I have NOT done 50 Posts..YOU guys LOOSE MONEY because SOMEONE wants YOU to post 50 times before you can buy a gun..do they realize how LONG it would take me to do 50 POSTS.? It is ABSOLUTLY STUPID... I am looking to buy a GUN NOW....[REDACTED - esrice]...I might just as well go to a Gun Store as to waste MY time to Post 50 TIMES...TRULY..that is BS and I as an American have the RIGHT to say this...20 bucks says...I will be BOOTED for my OPINIONAwwwww..shades of O,bummerism..why not just JOIN...talk when ya want BUT beable to help the guys out and BUY that Weapon, think about it..YOUR FORUN is ACTUALLY SCREWING you out of a SALE by REQUIREING 50 LOUSY POSTS...it,s REALLY a SURE way id DETURING NEW People from JOINING...I wanna BUY NOW...not in a week or so....LIFT THIS RULE Mr GORBASCHEF !

Last edited by a moderator:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    First, welcome to INGO.

INGO is first and foremost a community of Hoosier Gun Owners, not a classified ad page.

As I suggested in my PM to you, take a moment to read through all the site rules, including the FAQ. In there you will find exactly why this rule is in place.

If you feel that this rule is a waste of your time, then I don't think INGO will be a good fit for you. Perhaps you should check into Gun Broker or Armslist for your immediate gun-buying needs.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    First, welcome to INGO.

INGO is first and foremost a community of Hoosier Gun Owners, not a classified ad page.

As I suggested in my PM to you, take a moment to read through all the site rules, including the FAQ. In there you will find exactly why this rule is in place.

If you feel that this rule is a waste of your time, then I don't think INGO will be a good fit for you. Perhaps you should check into Gun Broker or Armslist for your immediate gun-buying needs.

What he said:D

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    There are also several stores that would be happy to sell you a firearm today. Cabelas is one of my favorites, but I'm sure Gander or Bass Pro or even Walmart would be happy to do so. Good luck - though I would recommend that you not scream at the store clerks like you SCREAMED at INGO.

:welcome: to :ingo:. I sincerely hope to see you become a valuable, contributing member of the forum. INGO rocks. :rockwoot:

Edit: I do like to give business to the small shops, too, but many are not open on Sundays, hence the list of big box stores.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    20 bucks to get booted? For half that you could be a site supporter and buy now. But, with a rant like yours, I would bet that $20 that no one in the classifieds would be willing to sell to you now.
    Anger and guns don't mix well. Jus saying :twocents:

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    The one thing the forum is missing is a way to block a user name so that they never ever show up on my screen ever again.

but I still have the option just to ignore future posts of people that just don't get it or may not have much to contribute

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    The one thing the forum is missing is a way to block a user name so that they never ever show up on my screen ever again.

Like the IGNORE function?

Go to the UserCP tab, then click the "Edit Ignore List" on the lefthand side. Add username. :yesway:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Wow, you are the first person to ever complain about this rule! Don't worry I am sure they will change the rules just for you!

INGO is a community not a classified section. Stick around and join in, meet some great people, and have a good time. :ingo:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Maybe we should have a quiz for new people signing up. Make sure to ask if they are here to buy or sell from day one, how many posts they need to be able to buy or sell, if Ingo has a faq, and if they like bacon or not.

Although these posts to make for some good entertainment!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom