I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    yes, I bought 3 guns from other sites b/c I couldn't buy here: such a waste, since this is such a wonderful site, but, I'm sure they do it this way to keep abuses and fraud from happening.

I finally paid the $20 membership fee when I found out about it, which then allowed me to shop here, but I'd already bought 3 guns.
    I am looking for a 4th, so maybe I can use this site to get it.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    yes, I bought 3 guns from other sites b/c I couldn't buy here: such a waste, since this is such a wonderful site, but, I'm sure they do it this way to keep abuses and fraud from happening.

I finally paid the $20 membership fee when I found out about it, which then allowed me to shop here, but I'd already bought 3 guns.

Without it things would quickly become like craigslist. The forum would be clogged with people that have no intention of interacting with each other. There are already quite a few members that do nothing but camp in the classifieds. They've turned it into a business almost, built on the back of a successful site, and they are doing it for free, or at most the $20 per year.

This very thread is a tribute to the abuses and the things the mods & site have dealt with over the years. It goes back a long time. When you get bored and want some entertainment start at the first post here and read for a while. The now defunct runner threads are eye opening as well. Like the guy who decided to post "cool" as fast as he could to try and bypass the rules, the meltdowns when they get caught and called out, etc.

Entertainment at it's finest and still hoping to see them come back.

airrifle82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2014
    northern indiana
    I enjoy reading the posts on here. Not so much of a poster, unless I feel like it, which isn't that often usually. Have been prowling around for a long time. Great site. One of the few issues here is the rude people on here that will accuse you of being here only for the classifieds...lol. I always get a chuckle. I understand some people only want the classifieds, blah blah blah. It's just the way it is. But some, not all, but some should show a little more class...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I enjoy reading the posts on here. Not so much of a poster, unless I feel like it, which isn't that often usually. Have been prowling around for a long time. Great site. One of the few issues here is the rude people on here that will accuse you of being here only for the classifieds...lol. I always get a chuckle. I understand some people only want the classifieds, blah blah blah. It's just the way it is. But some, not all, but some should show a little more class...

Agreed.
    After the influx of carpet baggers from the Sandy Hook insanity some folks have been very protective of the site.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

Pfft. Just another newb making a run for the classifieds.:stickpoke:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

Read back a about a week ago and you will post a poster that whined about this very subject. The poster it to 51 and promptly posted a WTS ad and hasn't posted since. His goal was and is obvious to those of us that either post content that is worth reading or (as in my case) pay to insure this site is here for the long term.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Read back a about a week ago and you will post a poster that whined about this very subject. The poster it to 51 and promptly posted a WTS ad and hasn't posted since. His goal was and is obvious to those of us that either post content that is worth reading or (as in my case) pay to insure this site is here for the long term.

Yep, we see it all the time. Members that use the forum as a marketplace without so much as a thank you. It's free to contribute conversation and so many won't even do that, let alone pay a site supporter fee to help keep the doors open.

I don't like this rule. I understand the need for it, but still don't like it.

Right here. Quote from 1 week ago. He hit his 51st post then went straight to the classifieds and hasn't posted since. He's been online to check his ad (last time was 2 hours ago) but not a word to the public since then.

View attachment 56464

This pattern repeats itself way too often. I'm sure we'll see it again in another week or so. Things like this have really soured me on making any purchases here. I won't buy from members that do this or just squat in the classifieds. I won't sell to them either. I don't use the classifieds much, but when I do I'm very picky about who I deal with. I don't care if it's a $.25 roll pin. I'm surprised we haven't seen threads whining about 'I got my 50 posts, why won't people buy my stuff?'

Last edited:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Yep, we see it all the time. Members that use the forum as a marketplace without so much as a thank you. It's free to contribute conversation and so many won't even do that, let alone pay a site supporter fee to help keep the doors open.

Right here. Quote from 1 week ago. He hit his 51st post then went straight to the classifieds and hasn't posted since. He's been online to check his ad (last time was 2 hours ago) but not a word to the public since then.

View attachment 56464

This pattern repeats itself way too often. I'm sure we'll see it again in another week or so. Things like this have really soured me on making any purchases here. I won't buy from members that do this or just squat in the classifieds. I won't sell to them either. I don't use the classifieds much, but when I do I'm very picky about who I deal with. I don't care if it's a $.25 roll pin. I'm surprised we haven't seen threads whining about 'I got my 50 posts, why won't people buy my stuff?'

Yep, that's the one. :yesway:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

He's been on to check what others are selling, too.
    There's enough low post count buyers and sellers that they can deal with each other and not be affected too much by us folks with integrity.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    What? INGO has rules? What's next, I'll find out there are FAQs??

That's just a rumor started by the new guys.

The new guys might would do well to browse around the site a bit. You'd figure out we aren't that bad. A lot of us can be down right handy to know at times. We've helped fellow members in all kinds of ways. This is a great forum. And it wasn't made that way by selling stuff.

It might be a good time to bring this thread up again:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/408311-info-new-guys-looking-ads-section.html

It clears up a few issues. Please read till the end.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

And now you have 139 posts .....

and it is just June .....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom