I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It's possible.
    Looking over their forum/sub-forum list it could be mistaken for a fetish forum:

Suspension systems
    Top Insulation
    Bottom Insulation
    DIY
    Butt In A Sling Gear
    Grand Trunk - For those with a more "ample" caboose?
    Jacks-R-Better
    Ripstop By The Roll
    Whoopie Slings - This could be the banana hammock sub-forum?

The members online at 2am consist of:

Zed (apparently NOT dead, Fabienne)
    Trailsnail
    MongooseDownUnder
    1-Hung-Low

& suspiciously
    SecondMouse (Hmmm) :):

I honestly don't know how long I could discuss hammocks before losing interest.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This is the part of INGO the Fandy Shoes of the Internet world will never understand. 9 hours after getting banned the guy's thread is still going. You gotta stay for the fun, not just buying and selling.

68NOVA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2016
    nwi
    images

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    You know we can all thank the liberals in the world for this bit of entertainment.

Whoever invented the "participation trophy" has doomed us forever to deal people who don't want to do the work required for the game but still are used to receiving the bright and shiny at the end like they actually achieved something.

I will be this first to admit when I joined I was "50 posts are you kidding me?" but once I got here and settled into the site it all made sense. This rule is the backbone of the site and keeps it from being another Armslist. People have a vested interest at that point and time and see everything the site has to offer.

I think the 'Dysfunctional family" post earlier totally summed us up. I would like to state for the record that we are also have a large "Basket of deplorables" so I am not sure Fandy Shoes would have liked it here anyway.

:twocents:

P.S. I searched the "Whoopie Slings"......don't waste your time....TOTAL let down. I was hoping for something TOTALLY different that involved some 2" nylon webbing, some black padding and hung from the ceiling with a large eye bolt that only came out once the kids went to bed!

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I've told many friends to join over the years and all I have heard is 50 posts is stupid lol. Some people cannot grasp the fact that this is a forum that has a classified section and not a classified page that offers a forum. If you can't handle 50 posts, pay the man!!! lol

You would think that the fact that you have to scroll all the way to the bottom to even find the classifieds would be a clue that it was intended to be a discussion forum, but it seems some people can't take a hint. In this guy's case even an outright warning was apparently not enough.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I personally didn't know there was a classified forum.

Edit: When i first joined.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It's not my site, and I don't make the rules. But I tend to agree with the OP's logic. It makes sense to require 50 (quality) posts before you can list in the classifieds. It's a smart move to prevent clutter. But as a buyer, it kind of sucks. When I first joined, I had about 30 posts and wanted to buy a pistol that was for sale and couldn't. It kind of punishes someone just for being new.

I'm a very active member on another non-gun forum. You have to be a contributing member (annual or lifetime) to use the classifieds. Your activity doesn't matter. Every site is going to do it differently, and each is going to have it's own drawbacks. There are two drawbacks to how it's done here. First, if you're a new member and not just a one time shopper, it punishes you a bit. Second, if you're a seller, you can miss potential sales. The second one just takes a bit of work on the buyers parts and it will eventually sell. All in all, it's a pretty clean system. But, if you don't like it and think it's unfair you could also say, it's missing the market. So get a server, a vB license, and start your own forum with your own rules.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's possible.
    Looking over their forum/sub-forum list it could be mistaken for a fetish forum:

Suspension systems
    Top Insulation
    Bottom Insulation
    DIY
    Butt In A Sling Gear
    Grand Trunk
    Jacks-R-Better
    Ripstop By The Roll
    Whoopie Slings

The members online at 2am consist of:

Zed (apparently NOT dead, Fabienne)
    Trailsnail
    MongooseDownUnder
    1-Hung-Low

& suspiciously
    SecondMouse (Hmmm) :):

Absolutely no relation.......really.......I am serious here.....:)

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's not my site, and I don't make the rules. But I tend to agree with the OP's logic. It makes sense to require 50 (quality) posts before you can list in the classifieds. It's a smart move to prevent clutter. But as a buyer, it kind of sucks. When I first joined, I had about 30 posts and wanted to buy a pistol that was for sale and couldn't. It kind of punishes someone just for being new.

I'm a very active member on another non-gun forum. You have to be a contributing member (annual or lifetime) to use the classifieds. Your activity doesn't matter. Every site is going to do it differently, and each is going to have it's own drawbacks. There are two drawbacks to how it's done here. First, if you're a new member and not just a one time shopper, it punishes you a bit. Second, if you're a seller, you can miss potential sales. The second one just takes a bit of work on the buyers parts and it will eventually sell. All in all, it's a pretty clean system. But, if you don't like it and think it's unfair you could also say, it's missing the market. So get a server, a vB license, and start your own forum with your own rules.

If a person really wants to use the "Sales" aspect of the site the supporter badge is an option and it helps keep the lights on.
    When I 1st joined I was just kicking around looking and posting a bit here and there. No idea I would ever use the classifieds.
    Then I decided to retire (on a whim) and thought moving a few rifles would be a good idea. I was at around 30-ish posts if memory serves. It took me about 2 hours to put down the rest of the 50 and no one liners. It also got me out into other areas of the forum.
    From there the learning curve went vertical. It is still climbing.

I left this thread open so it is a lesson for the new folks as to how we view this site. Most members are protective of it.
    There are some 50 post wonders out there just here to buy/sell. Thats fine as well. It offers us a wider variety of things to choose from and also some comic relief looking at the prices.....:):

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I personally didn't know there was a classified forum.

Edit: When i first joined.

Same here; I was an enthusiastic poster at first and was accused of making a run to 50. It took forever for me to figure out what on earth they were talking about.

Blindside

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2015
    Columbus
    The fact that there are classifieds is all well and good but I joined this forum for information and because I am an Indiana Gun Owner. Seemed to make sense to me. I look at the classifieds quite frequently but mostly just for the pictures.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom