I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    I do too. If it stops popping for more than a couple seconds I stop the microwave. i hate the smell of burnt popcorn.

I try, but its so finicky. one second too long and you find half the popcorn burnt to a crisp... And i hate burnt popcorn.

My grandmother is the one who got me to love popcorn, with chilipowder sprinkled on it.

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    Oh yeah, a couple years ago i got one of those popcorn blower machine thingies. Love it, you pour some butter in with kernals and the hot air heats it up and pops it out. they never burn, but instead they fly all over the counter when they come shooting out

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Oh yeah, a couple years ago i got one of those popcorn blower machine thingies. Love it, you pour some butter in with kernals and the hot air heats it up and pops it out. they never burn, but instead they fly all over the counter when they come shooting out

We had one of these when I was a kid 30 + years ago. It revolutionized the frequency we got to have popcorn. Microwave popcorn made it even more frequent. Plus no cleanup required.

I think I still have one of the hot air poppers somewhere in a box.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Awesome and healthy microwave popcorn at mere pennies per bag:

Blog_2012_01_30_0443.jpg

Place 1/4-1/3 cup popping corn in a paper bag, fold down and staple (don't worry, the staple is fine) and microwave 2-3 minutes (play it by ear!!)

Btw, those who are having issues with quickly going from unpopped to burnt, use medium-high. You'll have a bigger window between "hot enough to pop" and "burnt".

SkinNFluff

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Mauckport, Indiana
    looks like i may be the only one here that don't own a microwave and cooks popcorn in a pan on the stove. guess some of us just don't need them new fangled gadgets to do simple things. :popcorn:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Awesome and healthy microwave popcorn at mere pennies per bag:

Blog_2012_01_30_0443.jpg

Place 1/4-1/3 cup popping corn in a paper bag, fold down and staple (don't worry, the staple is fine) and microwave 2-3 minutes (play it by ear!!)

Btw, those who are having issues with quickly going from unpopped to burnt, use medium-high. You'll have a bigger window between "hot enough to pop" and "burnt".

I do this also. When it's done, I put the butter and salt right in the bag and shake it up. (Yes, it does get the bag greasy, but it's easier than trying to mix it in the bowl.) Then I dump the bag into a bowl.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    looks like i may be the only one here that don't own a microwave and cooks popcorn in a pan on the stove. guess some of us just don't need them new fangled gadgets to do simple things. :popcorn:
    I cook my popcorn in a tortoise shell over an open fire. I guess I just don't need them new fangled gadgets to do simple things.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Hot air poppers are the best for quality popcorn. Pain to clean though.
    Pop it without the butter then add the butter once it is in the bowl. Nothing really needs cleaning that way.

My wife has a hot air popper that was made in the 70s. Still works fine.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Bleh all of the air poppers I'm looking at have negative reviews saying they only lasted through 5~10 uses... Every single one of them.

Sure - there are more reviews where they've worked fine for people but my luck I'd get a weak one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom