I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Well, there is a "Site Supporter" membership that allows you to participate in the Classifieds immediately; but even with that membership you may find many people that would prefer to get to know you a bit through your contributions to the forum before dealing with you. The "Site Supporter" membership will set you back about $15/yr. Check the FAQ's to see how to submit payment for that, if you wish to.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I understand the need to know who we are dealing with and rules have to be in place to keep everyone safe. However, I have never seen a forum that is so restrictive. Members cannot post in the classifieds until they have 50 posts in the other forum areas. I understand not being able to create new ads for an amount of time. But, new members can't even respond to an ad or send a pm. Does every new member have 50 posts of useful information?

Please read the INGO FAQ, linked below in my signature. There you will find a very detailed answer to your question.

Have anyone considered a premium level of membership with fewer restrictions?

There currently is such a thing in place-- Site Supporters. You can read more here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...omated_site_supporter_donations_are_here.html

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    From what i am learning from the people here is this... this is a forum for people to come together aand help eachother, or just hang out and talk, even see alot about people getting together shooting or visiting gun shops together. Its not just a faceless website where people use eachother for information then leave. that's where the 50 post rule comes in if your just going to come here to peddle stuff go to gun-broker more people will see it there. this is actually a community where people have at least some responsibility to each other because most of us all share a similar state of residence and for the people ive read live elsewhere obviously are here because they see the value of the community here. i am new here as well but it didn't take long to get to 50 posts and now that its over yes i look at the classifieds and will look there for now on before buying something, but i will learn things,enjoy conversations, and maybe one day join some of you for some shooting this is a community first with people that care and want to keep shooting around also a place where you can chat with your local gun store employees not an auction site for people to peddle there stuff. So yes support the classifieds but i have found more value in the conversations than the classifieds in the short time ive been here.:patriot:
    Sry for the rant
    Dan

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Hello all, l spend most my time in the classified section and am first curious of why you need 50 posts to reply to a post. Then also curious of what is the fastest way to get to 50 so I may interact with the classifieds. Thanks for such a great site.

Because this is a COMMUNITY of gun owners who come together to talk guns. As a convenience for ESTABLISHED members the owner of the forum grants us some freedoms to trade parts, guns, etc. However, this is NOT a gun AUCTION or gun TRADING website. SO first and foremost its a COMMUNITY FORUM.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Remember, your first fifty posts only count if they are like this.

Personally, I wouldn't give you 1/2 a point for the above.
    No offense intended.
    But I think bla bla bla
    and futher more. when I was a boy there was this gun my father bla
    bla bla.
    45's are all the rage.

Now, that, will pass as a quality post.
    You're welcome.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    There is not much more that needs to be said about the value of participating in this community except Welcome and jump right in. I look forward to talking to, and learning from you. :ingo:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom