I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

RolanNRA

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    Hammond
    Im new here also. yup takes 50 posts to post anything for sale. So im here trying to participate but hoping someone comments on my posts. From N.W. In

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    I love the fact that I cannot post in the classifieds, or even pm a seller because my post count inst high enough..

keep munchin' on your veggies.. you'll get big one of these days! :D

oh and if that doesn't help go to the classifieds, I posted a box of tissues free of charge... just for your tears!
    oh wait...:n00b:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Hey, I became one before getting 50 posts and I wasn't even interested in using the classifieds...do I get a cookie? :)

You need to accept my cookies ...

ie_cookies.jpg

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Hey, I became one before getting 50 posts and I wasn't even interested in using the classifieds...do I get a cookie? :)

I already had my 50 posts before I became a site supporter. I did it so I didn't have to keep my mailbox emptied out. I still have yet to buy anything from the classifieds. I just need to shut up long enough to shop I guess. :):

If he gets a cookie, I want one too.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I already had my 50 posts before I became a site supporter. I did it so I didn't have to keep my mailbox emptied out. I still have yet to buy anything from the classifieds. I just need to shut up long enough to shop I guess. :):

If he gets a cookie, I want one too.
    You don't want to be in the classified section, it's a trap, you'll get an infraction:D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I love the fact that I cannot post in the classifieds, or even pm a seller because my post count inst high enough..

So basically you are saying that you are only here to sell your guns or trying to get a deal on a gun or perhaps try to find some dirty little secret on someone. You don't have any thoughts on any issue here??? has all you 9 post in the last 3 years and 8 months been *****ing about not being able to buy or sell????

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    You don't want to be in the classified section, it's a trap, you'll get an infraction:D

It's funny you say that. I got my first infraction in the classifieds. Some guy had a dog listed to re-home it. He said if no one took the dog he would take it to the pound. I told him that if he did that the dog would probably be put down before he even hit the parking lot if the shelter was full. It's a typical practice for owner surrender animals.

I got an infraction because you are not allowed to comment about things in the classifieds. No matter how big of jerk the listing person might be.

stlaser

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    I see both sides of this.

I think it detracts from the site supporters and they may lose some sales due to this 50 post rule. I think that sucks for them who support to help out and in turn stay in business.

I personally lurked for quite awhile before even registering only when I wanted something did I register and find out this rule. Then I posted a bunch of BS just so I could communicate which cluttered up the forum IMO. That seems really dumb to do that and make everyone else suffer, however what choice do we have?

I would have paid a small fee if I could have communicated immediately and quite honestly maybe this is an option I don't know of? Really I don't care enough to even look as I'm past it now. I do like the site and as I always knew there are alot of good people and info here.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Just do what I do and blow up the forums for a day and bingo! 50 posts in no time and then you can start buying guns.

:rofl:

Watch your post count go down the :toilet2: when the mods see your above message and you start going backwards.

Take some time to stop and smell the roses, grass and watch the paint dry all while trying to becoming familiar with INGO. It's a forum first and foremost with a added benefit of having the classifieds.

There are plenty of INGO'ers that will ignore a quick 50'er because they see that their here to rape the classifieds.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I personally lurked for quite awhile before even registering only when I wanted something did I register and find out this rule. Then I posted a bunch of BS just so I could communicate which cluttered up the forum IMO. That seems really dumb to do that and make everyone else suffer, however what choice do we have?

I would have paid a small fee if I could have communicated immediately and quite honestly maybe this is an option I don't know of? Really I don't care enough to even look as I'm past it now. I do like the site and as I always knew there are alot of good people and info here.

Well, you were lucky to get through posting junk to get to 50 posts. You are right that it creates pollution for everyone else to wade thru. It is intended to keep out those who aren't contributing members to the forum. The moderators will usually catch that and delete all of your junk posts.

As for paying a small fee, that is called becoming a site supporter. You should check the FAQ. It is explained quite nicely there and a couple dozen times in this thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom