• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Because EVERY GUN I OWN IS CLEAN!! This might be the one and only time in my life when they are all in tip top shape. I even cleaned my glocks for good measure. It wouldn't have taken 6 hours if I would clean a gun after I shoot it, but 9 times out of 10 I just throw it back into the safe. I hate dealing with procrastination after the fact! By far the worst were my EDC glock 22 and my DPMS AR 15 whose permanant home is between the front seat and council of my truck.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Because EVERY GUN I OWN IS CLEAN!! This might be the one and only time in my life when they are all in tip top shape. I even cleaned my glocks for good measure. It wouldn't have taken 6 hours if I would clean a gun after I shoot it, but 9 times out of 10 I just throw it back into the safe. I hate dealing with procrastination after the fact! By far the worst were my EDC glock 22 and my DPMS AR 15 whose permanant home is between the front seat and council of my truck.
    HAHAHA, thats funny! A buddy of mine asked me last week if I wanted to come up and do some shooting today. I turned him down because I had a lot of other crap to do, and ALL MY GUNS ARE CLEAN! :yesway:

I feel your pain my friend! :ingo:

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I just started my fall cleaning routine. Everything in the safe should be clean by next week - and then the only things that are coming out are my .22 for appleseed, my EDC, and my deer rifles if I hunt - and they'll be cleaned spotless before they get put away.

I've put a lot of rounds downrange this summer and some of my guns are showing it.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    If you got Caleb Giddings e-mail... Gun Nuts media... he talked about the very subject the other day, swab the barrel and put some oil on it and it will still run! I thought Glocks were the most perfect form of Firearm ever and need nothing but love and glue!.... you have to clean them???

vwoodrum11

Marksman
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Indy
    I've got into the habit of cleaning my guns after I shoot them and I'm sick of cleaning. I've been shooting every week and the cleaning is starting to decide if I want to go to the range or not.:n00b:

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I don't get it.

Call me :nuts: but I actually enjoy cleaning my guns after shooting. To me it is all part of the bonding process, the smell of Hoppes 9 and the shine of the metal put a smile on my face. It actually bugs me to put a dirty gun in the safe so I very rarely do it. I am the same way with cars, gotta keep my toys clean, shiny and ready to rock.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I've got into the habit of cleaning my guns after I shoot them and I'm sick of cleaning. I've been shooting every week and the cleaning is starting to decide if I want to go to the range or not.:n00b:

My shooting improved a lot when I started going shooting instead of spending all day cleaning.

Muddy_Ford

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Hartford City
    Call me :nuts: but I actually enjoy cleaning my guns after shooting. To me it is all part of the bonding process, the smell of Hoppes 9 and the shine of the metal put a smile on my face. It actually bugs me to put a dirty gun in the safe so I very rarely do it. I am the same way with cars, gotta keep my toys clean, shiny and ready to rock.

OK you're :nuts:.

But I actually agree with you on cleaning and keeping the guns :draw: also I TRY to keep my truck clean, I just work construction, so it's a little more difficult than it used to be for me to stay with that habit.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN

I'm with you! I like cleaning them. I clean them after ever shoot. Wife is the same way, I don't even tell her to do it. I'll just be sitting in the living room and she'll be in the dining room cleaning.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I understand that technically you CAN do these things with Glocks, but I still am in the camp that just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you should.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    That was the best way to clean one I've ever seen, I like the way he dried it! The heat would dry it fairly quick I guess. My son just asked "what the heck is he doing" lol.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I understand that technically you CAN do these things with Glocks, but I still am in the camp that just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you should.

I feel the same way about cleaning: just because I can, doesn't mean I should.

More damage is done to firearms by improper cleaning than any amount of shooting. That's why I stopped cleaning and started lubricating my firearms often.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I feel the same way about cleaning: just because I can, doesn't mean I should.

More damage is done to firearms by improper cleaning than any amount of shooting. That's why I stopped cleaning and started lubricating my firearms often.

My point was that dipping it in a lake is probably not the best idea.

If you are confident that your gun will be accurate and fire every time without regular cleaning, then no cleaning required.

Also, if a person doesn't know how to clean a weapon, they probably shouldn't own it. Note I didn't say "If they don't clean it they shouldn't own it" but if they don't take the time to learn how, then it's probably fairly certain they didn't take the time to learn to use it safely either.

If someone doesn't feel like cleaning it, that's a different story.

Top Bottom