I'm interested in the Chiappa Rhino... anyone have one?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    Yes; that ugly revolver as Hickock45 relates.

[video=youtube;Rc2wDyMbh0o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc2wDyMbh0o[/video]

I find it endearing in a bulldog way and like some of its other properties. Also, it looks straight out of Bladerunner so the Sci-Fi geek in me approves. Unfortunately the bugger is not cheap and kind of hard to find. I would really like to shoot one before pulling the trigger as it were.

Might anyone have one of these they would be agreeable to letting me try out in the central IN area? I'll meet at wherever is convenient for you, buy the ammo used, and can offer up some trigger time on my VP9 and Tavor with both of the Geissele trigger upgrades.

SixSigmaLarry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   1
    Jan 3, 2010
    NE Indiana
    I do not have one, but I caution you "buyer beware". I had one and it was the most troublesome handgun I have ever owned. I sent it back three times and each time I got it back, after a dozen or so rounds it would stop going bang. They finally admitted that they had no idea what was wrong with it and offered me a refund. I jumped on that option.
    Now in all fairness, I bought mine the first year they produced these, so maybe they've improved.
    FYI. There was a used one yesterday in FW for $525 at Wrigley's. I know that's a haul but that is a decent price IMO.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Disproduction: Are you going to brng it to the thext INGO shoot on Sept 13 or even come again? Is so bring it, always wantrd to shoot one of those. :)

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    I do not own one. I do own a Chiappa 22lr pistol. It is without a doubt, the biggest piece of junk I have ever purchased.
    I find it hard to believe, that a company that makes my pistol, could possibly make anything of value.
    But then again like I said, I do not own one.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    All Chiappa's I have handled appear to be Junk, they make a Hi-point look like a Les Baer as far as workmanship goes. To be fair I do not own nor have I shot a Chiappa and I do not ever intend to. I think if I had to choose, I would get a Jenning's before a Chiappa. :twocents:

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    I nearly called them today, but got swamped at work with some annoying issues. This little gun has really proven to be a polarizing thing. Almost nobody I talk to has a 'meh' reaction.

The badger had some serious issues during their early run last I remember, dunno if they cleared up.

Last edited:

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Had an early production model...problems. Third time back to them they replaced it with a new improved model. Was trouble free but sold it...just didn't work for me as well as S&W's.

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    Well I'll find out here shortly. I bit the bullet and threw down on one. Thanks for the tip about Wrigley's!

I just couldn't let it go at that price for the exact model and color I was looking for. I should hopefully see it soon, and I'll let you all know when I get a chance to shoot it. Although, dammit, now I have another caliber to stock. Sigh....

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    True that, .357 was one of the reasons I was interested in the Rhino in the first place. .357 that isn't a pain to shoot? Yes please!

I fear there is a looming cloud in my future... it has a name: reloading. heh

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    My wife has a 4" Rhino and we both like it. We've not had any issues with it except with some cheap, no name reloads.

Must resist urge to make sarcastic reply.... ;)

I've been interested in the Rhinos since they came out, but I haven't brought myself to plunk down $800 for one. I'm still kicking myself for passing up the oppurtunity to buy a .44 Mag Mateba Unica 6 for $900 15 or so years ago. Now they are regularly being listed for $4k+ if you see them, so I guess I missed the boat as there is no way I'm going to be spending submachinegun money for a revolver, unless I hit the lotto.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I have been interested in them. The video reviews are very polarizing. Seems like either people love them or hate them. But I am not putting any money down on such a radical design unless I get the chance to shoot one. So until one of the ranges in Central Indiana get one on the shelf for renting and shooting I will pass.

Top Bottom