I'm interested in the Chiappa Rhino... anyone have one?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    I have been interested in them. The video reviews are very polarizing. Seems like either people love them or hate them. But I am not putting any money down on such a radical design unless I get the chance to shoot one. So until one of the ranges in Central Indiana get one on the shelf for renting and shooting I will pass.

Well I'm no range, but I should have one in central IN here very shortly. I'd be amiable with letting others shoot it at a range/meetup. The counter to that is my schedule is charitably described as "crap" so finding time can be hard.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Well I'm no range, but I should have one in central IN here very shortly. I'd be amiable with letting others shoot it at a range/meetup. The counter to that is my schedule is charitably described as "crap" so finding time can be hard.

Hey like I said I am interested. That is a kind offer. I will pm you. You bring the gun I will bring the ammo.

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    So update: I got the lil'bugger in my grubby hands today. Fun! The .38 spl has less felt recoil and flip than my VP9 by far. The others in attendance mentioned how little it moved, and I certainly noticed that at the trigger.

I've not shot .357 before, so I have little to compare against here but but it had more punch to it than anything else I've shot. The first shot was surprising, the second was "eh not bad" but the third I started feeling it. I'm not sure it makes .357 pleasant to shoot per se but it's certainly tolerable.

I'll post here when I have some time to meet with people if they have a desire to try the ugly little bugger out. :)

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So update: I got the lil'bugger in my grubby hands today. Fun! The .38 spl has less felt recoil and flip than my VP9 by far. The others in attendance mentioned how little it moved, and I certainly noticed that at the trigger.

I've not shot .357 before, so I have little to compare against here but but it had more punch to it than anything else I've shot. The first shot was surprising, the second was "eh not bad" but the third I started feeling it. I'm not sure it makes .357 pleasant to shoot per se but it's certainly tolerable.

I'll post here when I have some time to meet with people if they have a desire to try the ugly little bugger out. :)

I assume that was yours I shot yesterday, otherwise this would be too much coincidence! Thanks again for letting me try it, it was a real treat. I seriously think you could shoot .38 target ammo out of it for an entire day and not feel the slightest fatigue. You are definitely aware you're shooting .357, but like you said, it's definitely tolerable, and certainly more manageable in the recoil department than traditional revolvers, at least IMHO.

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    Indeed it was! Always a pleasure to run into you again. :)

The sharing of firearms, experiences, and knowledge is one of the things I really like about the firearms community. It's great fun for me at the range to have someone ask about "that weird looking AR" and then give them some time on the Tavor. The look of discovery on someone's faces is worth every penny I've put into that rifle. It's the same look I had after shooting my buddy's P7 a few times... of course that got me a bit of a taste for H&K so I dunno if he did me any favors there. hehe

Hopefully I'll have some time to hit a range next weekend.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    A year or two ago a dealer offered to sell me a snub-nosed Rhino at cost. Imagine that. I wanted one because I like weird s*it. I think I'll stick with my SP101's.

Top Bottom