• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I'm sure you are in the sizable majority. However you can carry around the house while relaxed and in comfy clothes. I've got my LCR in my pajama pocket right now.

Rep for finding a way to use the word "sizable" in a description of lovemachine. That's not easy to do.

ETA: Oops, filthy mods won't let me rep you. They must be gingers, too.

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    That fog drops instantly when you hear a window smash. You may vomit later from the adrenaline dump making you go from 0 to 100 instantly, but you're WIDE AWAKE really quick.

My biggest problem is that my wife insists on sleeping with a white noise machine on. Drives me up the wall because I can't hear stuff very well when it's on. I've got her to where she doesn't need it to be so loud, but I hate the thing even being on.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I keep the outside lights on.

Smart man! This SHOULD prevent your concerns--In 19 years I have yet to have a Burglary or Robbery with the outdoor lights on in a residence.

Defense in depth--outdoor lights on, doors locked with quality locks, solid doors, passwords/signal words given out and everyone knows them, phones, back up phones, run a-hole drills like you run fire drills, kids instructed, the gun comes in way, way, way down the list.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    With what happened in Bedford this week, it has renewed my family's interest in making sure firearms are within quick and ready reach. You should have seen the look on my wife's eyes last night, when at about 8-9pm somebody knocked on our kitchen door. That incident has really spooked her.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Smart man! This SHOULD prevent your concerns--In 19 years I have yet to have a Burglary or Robbery with the outdoor lights on in a residence.

Defense in depth--outdoor lights on, doors locked with quality locks, solid doors, passwords/signal words given out and everyone knows them, phones, back up phones, run a-hole drills like you run fire drills, kids instructed, the gun comes in way, way, way down the list.

I have motion detectors on my outside lights. I went to one of our neighborhood crime watch meetings a few months back where one of the town police officers said that they actually like the motion detectors better than just leaving the lights on. However, the reasoning behind that escapes me at the moment.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I have motion detectors on my outside lights. I went to one of our neighborhood crime watch meetings a few months back where one of the town police officers said that they actually like the motion detectors better than just leaving the lights on. However, the reasoning behind that escapes me at the moment.

Motion detectors detect motion. People trying to be sneaky don't like that. It's like a big giant flag that says "look over here." It's EASY to be stealthy at night, even with the yard lit up like a soccer stadium. But when the lights are low and something triggers a brighter light on, it draws attention.

I hate outdoor lights that are on all the time (I like my night sky and live out in the boonies partly for it), but I like the motion activated lights.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    That fog drops instantly when you hear a window smash. You may vomit later from the adrenaline dump making you go from 0 to 100 instantly, but you're WIDE AWAKE really quick.
    Boy, you got that right. Last year my sister came in through my garage door at 3AM. I was sound asleep at the time, but I popped up with flashlight & 9mm so fast, & was IMMEDIATELY at 110% awareness. Had a hard time going back to sleep!

To answer OP's question, I'm always carrying at home Jammies, but then I have a weapon within 15' at all times.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I opened this thread with the aforementioned preconceived notion, Saw LM'S descriptor and felt confirmed in it, but now I'm having thread deja vu. Motion lights, dogs, and a pocket pistol. Yup, we all oughta have 'em.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    If I am bumming around in sweats then I'll have my P238 IWB with a Remora holster. I did the same thing with my Ruger SR9c too. Otherwise, I'll likely have my full size 9mm on my hip.

CMac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    B-town
    If I am bumming around in sweats then I'll have my P238 IWB with a Remora holster. I did the same thing with my Ruger SR9c too.

This^ Love my Remora. Comfortable and very versatile. I have one for my glock 26. Can be IWB or pocket carry in almost any type of clothing.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...you can carry around the house while relaxed and in comfy clothes. I've got my LCR in my pajama pocket right now.

Yep, me too. 'Cept mine's an LCP:

4e23ca4b-2335-461c-a85c-42db0e054180_zps21092d09.jpg

Couple clip on's also:

BM176BKnw.jpg

pic_preon-p2-titanium-lg.jpg

Last edited:

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I hear you. One of the good things about being a paraplegic is I can mount goodies to my chair and not notice inconvience or weight. I have my G17 with TLR1 light in a safariland holster, ESEE Izula knife, spare mag, and flashlight mounted to my chair 24/7. If I'm out of the house it becomes OWB carry.

I also have a handgun or long gun in every room of the house hidden from plain sight. Even have a Taurus .357 in bathroom drawer. My dad asked me why I needed it there. I said "if I'm trying to take a poop and someone breaks in, I have no time or patience for there BS."

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    You guys talk about comfy clothes. I get dressed in the morning and stay that way till I get ready for bed.

If your clothes are not comfy, why wear them? Unless, you're wearing a suit. :scratch:

My boots are always on and ready to move at a moments notice. Very rarely, I'm I not dressed and ready to walk out the door if need be.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    You guys talk about comfy clothes. I get dressed in the morning and stay that way till I get ready for bed.

If your clothes are not comfy, why wear them? Unless, you're wearing a suit. :scratch:

My boots are always on and ready to move at a moments notice. Very rarely, I'm I not dressed and ready to walk out the door if need be.

different levels of comfort. Rubber suit, not comfortable. Jeans, shirt, boots of choice....comfortable. Shorts and t-shirt, very comfortable. When I get done for day it's shower, shorts, t-shirt, and moccasins. Doesn't effect me much since I can't feel anything waist down but it gives me a state of mind like, aww day is done lol.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

Because I work for a living. When I get home from work, I'm dirty and sweaty. I'll change clothes, have a good workout in my garage gym, go for a run and a bike ride when it's nice out. Then I'll change clothes again, and do some wood working.

Then I'll change again for the night. I have a lot going on every night at home.

poweraddict

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    Greenfield
    I have a small child in the house so my firearm is secured. I'm confident enough in my self defense capabilities that my first instinct isn't grab the gun in a stranger at the door or weird noise outside scenario(My main reason for having one is to protect my family if there's an escalation of force where a firearm is brought into the scenario).Although I've made it a point that my family knows where the gun is and how to operate it. Now if there is an intruder inside my house and my child is out of immediate harms way it's a whole different story, but making sure she is safe is priority number one and then addressing the threat with force is secondary.

Last edited:

Outlaw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Cornfield east of Indy
    With small children, several safely place hidden weapons are a great advantage. Think.... behind picture frames, on wall shelves behind decorations, hinged picture frames, weapons that are made to look like decoration/ vice versa. Walk around the house and make sure there is always something within five feet that you are comfortable with defending yourself. It doesn't always have to be a firearm nor visible to the untrained eye.

Top Bottom