• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'll admit it. I'm guilty. I'm guilty of getting too relaxed when I am at home.

I keep the outside lights on. But, I am guilty of not having a firearm close by. Sometimes it's in the other room, other times it's on the table 6-7 steps behind me.

I know I should try to attempt to keep it on my person. But, it's hard. I just like to relax at home, wear comfy clothes at night.

I'm sure I'm not the only one guilty of this?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm sure you are in the sizable majority. However you can carry around the house while relaxed and in comfy clothes. I've got my LCR in my pajama pocket right now.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Absolutely me. I rationalize it with the fact that I have 2 dogs that will rend flesh from bone in a heartbeat if an unknown person makes entry into the home.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'm sure you are in the sizable majority. However you can carry around the house while relaxed and in comfy clothes. I've got my LCR in my pajama pocket right now.

Smallest gun I have is a Glock 26. I did recently buy an Ankle Glove for it though.

Absolutely me. I rationalize it with the fact that I have 2 dogs that will rend flesh from bone in a heartbeat if an unknown person makes entry into the home.

I have a 130lb Rottweiler for that reason.

David D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2013
    New Albany area
    As I have no young children in the house, I've taken to keeping my P3AT in a pocket holster in my bathrobe. This way when I'm lounging I am armed, and when I'm dressed, I have a backup stashed in an unexpected place.

lizerdking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Almost on lake Mich
    Dog+Perimeter Alarm of some sorts.

Gun distance/procurment within a <15 second sprint and grab scenario. I'm not toting anything around in my pj's. It's not on me when i'm sleeping, and i've got to fight the fog of night to get my bearings and get armed in that scenario, which is more likely of a time than when i'm watching matlock.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It's not on me when i'm sleeping, and i've got to fight the fog of night to get my bearings and get armed in that scenario, which is more likely of a time than when i'm watching matlock.

That fog drops instantly when you hear a window smash. You may vomit later from the adrenaline dump making you go from 0 to 100 instantly, but you're WIDE AWAKE really quick.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I sometimes put mine on the end table when lounging in my recliner, otherwise it stays until ni-night time. 3 dogs in the house pretty much take care of the early warning system.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    i know its not the best answer and probably not applicable for many....but perhaps hardening your doors and windows would give u a bit more piece of mind

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    No kids, and a long ways away from anything else. We have sensors around the property and around the house. If there isn't a weapon on my person there is one within easy reach, and unless the super-stealthy ninjas attack I have pretty good confidence in our early warning setup. Everyone in my household is frequently armed and know how to use the weapons distributed around the house and shop. The driveway is the only real approach to the house unless someone is coming in a LONG ways on foot through the woods. If I'm a victim of someone with that much cunning I'm pretty much screwed. I'd say though, 99% of the time or better I have a weapon on me or within arm's reach.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Sometimes I am guilty. If I already left the house that day, then I am carrying and I don't take it off when I get back to the house. If I haven't left the house yet and haven't donned the gun belt yet, then I try to remember to carry the holstered piece into the room I am in - but I don't cover it 100% of the time.

Good reminder.

Top Bottom