• patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Interesting people come and go at Walmart
    I have driven for Walmart now for over 5 years. Great place for competent, intelligent, caring drivers to work. The majority of people who work and shop there are reasonably normal and many are exceptional humans. But like any cross section of humanity, there are freaks available for your viewing pleasure. Please stop blaming Walmart for the people's choices who shop and work there.

Flame suit on.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    ... But like any cross section of humanity, there are freaks available for your viewing pleasure. Please stop blaming Walmart for the people's choices who shop and work there.

+1

I shop at Walmart weekly (they're the most convenient / best priced grocery store in the area), and don't see anything more unusual than anyplace around town. Occasionally, there are "interesting" people or those acting oddly. But IMO it's not particularly prevalent, and no more so than any other store. Maybe one thing in my favor is I usually grocery shop Saturday @9 or 10am, so maybe some of the most bizarre individuals get a later start? And I've had no issues with any of the employees, other than the fact they're sometimes hard to find.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    +1

I shop at Walmart weekly (they're the most convenient / best priced grocery store in the area), and don't see anything more unusual than anyplace around town. Occasionally, there are "interesting" people or those acting oddly. But IMO it's not particularly prevalent, and no more so than any other store. Maybe one thing in my favor is I usually grocery shop Saturday @9 or 10am, so maybe some of the most bizarre individuals get a later start? And I've had no issues with any of the employees, other than the fact they're sometimes hard to find.
    I've found Walmart in suburban Indy (and even rural Indiana) at 9am during the week is a completely different shopper than later in the day.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I have driven for Walmart now for over 5 years. Great place for competent, intelligent, caring drivers to work. The majority of people who work and shop there are reasonably normal and many are exceptional humans. But like any cross section of humanity, there are freaks available for your viewing pleasure. Please stop blaming Walmart for the people's choices who shop and work there.

Flame suit on.
    My girl was HR in the Muncie North store for a few years, most of America would be shocked at the benefits that are available to the hourly Walmart Associates. Things like dollar a day online college.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    My girl was HR in the Muncie North store for a few years, most of America would be shocked at the benefits that are available to the hourly Walmart Associates. Things like dollar a day online college.
    When I worked at Walmart during college there were a number of teachers and factory workers who worked there after their day jobs for the benefits.

Last edited:

Michigan Slim

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne

Flame suit on.
    No offense intended. But... the Walmarts around us seem to be a special mix of people.
    My sister in-law has been there 30 odd years. They have been very good to her.

JayCo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2024
    Marion County
    I needed to pick up some oil and a filter for the car. Asked the wife if she would like to ride along. Well, my five minute in and out is thirty minutes in.... So I'm people watching.

We. Are. Doomed. What a freak show. Bring the bomb. Society is gone.
    One of my favorite pass times as a teen in a small town, back when Walmart was 24 hours, was to go to Walmart at midnight to 1am and just see the creatures that show up to shop. It was great

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    No offense intended. But... the Walmarts around us seem to be a special mix of people.
    My sister in-law has been there 30 odd years. They have been very good to her.
    Back when Sam was running the big show, hourlys could get a pension many of them are still working or Walmart.
    Along with a 401K, Walmart so horrible that when you get your matching funds it's yours.
    No 2 to 10 years to be fully vested.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Flame suit on.
    There are a LOT fewer "interesting" people at Target. just sayin...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just a different kind of interesting. Those named Karen and confused about themselves are still interesting, just in a less endearing way.
    Meh. Those are harder to spot. The Karens look and act like a normal person until you cross them. The walmart "specials" are that way ALL the time.

You can usually spot the Walmarters across the store. The Karens have to open their mouth. LOL

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Meh. Those are harder to spot. The Karens look and act like a normal person until you cross them. The walmart "specials" are that way ALL the time.

You can usually spot the Walmarters across the store. The Karens have to open their mouth. LOL
    I prefer to spot them from distance instead of being ambushed!

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I printed this and I'm prepared to scream Bingo next time I go!
    Buddy of mine and his wife would go out to eat on Friday night and we would invariably end up at wally world. We would always laugh about the bingo card. One night he was a few isles over while I was grabbing an item off the shelf and I yelled bingo. I could hear him laughing from that isle.

Top Bottom