• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    We need Illinois to be unreasonable. We need flat out prohibitions in order to provide the perfect defendant and plaintiff.

Illinois is our anvil of victory. We will pound on them over and over until we win.
    Operation Anvil? Operation Sledgehammer? I like the way you put things. :):

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    "It is not Chicago. The court is in the Southern District of Illinois. Illinois is composed of three federal districts, Northern, Central and Southern."

I think the Chicago political machine has reasonably long arms.
    If you believe that the people of Southern Illinois have different 2nd amendment beliefs than those of southern Indiana (for example) then your experience with folks from both states is very different than my own.

Yes, but Federal judges aren't elected, they are appointed by the President, so it doesn't really matter what the beliefs of the people of southern Illinois are.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Sounds like there's a song in there. Anyone remember the 1970's rock band named Bread? A little diddy titled "This isn't what the Government..." is as relevant today as it was 40 years ago.

As is another 70's diddy by a band called Steppenwolf. That song was called "Monster"

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    On topic: What do you think the IL SC will do when presented a challenge to the state law or Chicago's city ordinances in view of the SCOTUS McDonald decision?

I think they will interpret the SCOTUS decision in the narrowest, most perverted sense possible and will rule that Illinois is perfectly reasonable in violating its citizens' rights.

It's the Illinois way, and has been for decades.

cobraguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    i hate this about ILL i live so close and go there alot sumtimes its a spure of the moment thing and makes it a hassle i dont like haven to turn down a good time or leave my firearm at my girlfriends mom house

Top Bottom