• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gmercer308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Lake Village, IN
    Yea, the guy in Lowell my Dad knows very well. He was acutally waiting on him to bring a load of beans into the grain elevator and then heard all of this happend. It's so shocking, and people have asked why I carry my gun when I'm farming... I hope our friend is ok and they catch this low life!

hi-pointfan1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Gary, IN
    This is exactly why it is a must to protect our 2nd amendment rights... while unarmed citizens panic, lock their doors and hide with a tight grip on their phone. INGO'ers chat away worry free ... lmao.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    gmercer308, sorry to hear about your friend. As I hear it he was shot 4 times in the right side/shoulder/arm but is in stable condition at St Anthony's in Crown Point. Hopefully he will continue to remain stable and improve.

Just talked to my wife.

The Lowell schools are apparently still locked down. Parents are able to come get their kids but the kids are locked in the classrooms and are released to the parent, 1 by 1, as parents arrive.

My wife HAD plans for this afternoon. Apparently she is going to be at the school for quite a while.

Reports also suggest he is heading up toward Cedar Lake? But the farmer who was shot, if I understand it correctly, was located south of Lowell near 209th street. The main road in Lowel is 181st. Cedar Lake is in and about 133rd street. Also he's apparently in a white or light grey pick up truck, just a few thousand of those around this area!!! By truck he should be able to make Indianapolis or Chicago by now so I wonder if he is long gone from the area???

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    [STRIKE]Odd question: when do they decide to let the kids out? [/STRIKE] Answered. Guess that's what happens when you take too long to post. :)

And under what authority would a school have the right to keep the parents from taking their children home? I've often wondered about that. I would want to get my kid outta a school and home with me.

I hope they catch this guy.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    [STRIKE]Odd question: when do they decide to let the kids out? [/STRIKE] Answered. Guess that's what happens when you take too long to post. :)

And under what authority would a school have the right to keep the parents from taking their children home? . . .
    I don't know they have any authority to keep the kid. But they won't let the kids leave on their own. If a parent shows up they release their child to their custody. That is the way my wife described it to me.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Munster

as luck would have it, I'm delivering in Munster, IN and un-armed. P/u in Dolton, IL in the morning. Hope I don't have to bring a knife to this gunfight.;) Cabela's is only one exit east so I'll be armed early tomorrow if he's still on the loose.:D
    Like I needed an excuse for another gun!:rockwoot::D:laugh::laugh:

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Saw alot of helicopters flying around this afternoon and didn't think much of it , then got a call about what was going on. I was in the yard shooting some arrows getting ready to go hunting tomorrow. That farmer was shot about 1.5 miles from me. Just makes you think, don't need to be in Gary for things to get bad and to need a gun on your hip.

Last edited:

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    there e HUEY helicopters that flew over work, coming from the Lowell region. But I think it was unrelated... I just hit up the gas station in St. John and everybody looked at me and said that they felt safe(OC'ing P99)

Top Bottom