• ...and so much more!
  • BrandonHtwo0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    Portage, IN
    Hi guys,

I work in downtown Chicago and with the recent news about IL getting conceal carry, the topic has been a bit of a buzz around the office.

Most of my office is hardcore against carry, and in a discussion today I posed the question "What if I told you I was carrying right now? The only comfort you have that I'm not, is that I'm abiding the law." He made the statement that if I'm carrying, he would know, with absolute confidence.

So, that brings me to my question - I'm going to run a bit of an office demo and blow a few minds for a couple of guys here who have no idea about carry. Essentially, I'd like to maybe one or two dummy (plastic, no moving parts, only shape/size, bright orange in color) pistols made of my typical carry pieces (Kahr PM9 compact, Ruger LCR, etc.) and carry them into the office for a couple days. At the end of the few days, I'll show the item to the few coworker and have some fun with his reaction.

Any specific company out there that makes dummy plastic, bright colored handguns? Also, anything I'm missing on this in terms of it being a potentially bad idea? Legally I see this as 100%, and the people who would be involved/know about it are down to earth.

Thanks,
    -Brandon

BrandonHtwo0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    Portage, IN
    Also was thinking, I could go over-the-top and carry two or three at a time just to drive the point home. The more I think about it the funnier this is going to be :)

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Just make sure you're fire-proof before digging two deeply into the gun issue at work. And that is not the type of "fire" you get from rubbing two sticks together.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Be an interesting "experiment" but I bet with the warped attitudes concerning 2A issues there in Shangri-la you might be putting your job in jeapordy. Good Luck!! Oh and no need to post the reactions, it'll probably make the national news.

Really though interesting idea, not sure it's a good one given the locale.

Dauvis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    Morgan county
    Hi guys,

I work in downtown Chicago and with the recent news about IL getting conceal carry, the topic has been a bit of a buzz around the office.

Most of my office is hardcore against carry, and in a discussion today I posed the question "What if I told you I was carrying right now? The only comfort you have that I'm not, is that I'm abiding the law." He made the statement that if I'm carrying, he would know, with absolute confidence.

So, that brings me to my question - I'm going to run a bit of an office demo and blow a few minds for a couple of guys here who have no idea about carry. Essentially, I'd like to maybe one or two dummy (plastic, no moving parts, only shape/size, bright orange in color) pistols made of my typical carry pieces (Kahr PM9 compact, Ruger LCR, etc.) and carry them into the office for a couple days. At the end of the few days, I'll show the item to the few coworker and have some fun with his reaction.

Any specific company out there that makes dummy plastic, bright colored handguns? Also, anything I'm missing on this in terms of it being a potentially bad idea? Legally I see this as 100%, and the people who would be involved/know about it are down to earth.

Thanks,
    -Brandon

Is IL an employment at will state?

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    What's going to suck, even if you can legally carry it on you way to work after CC passes, how many office HRs are going to allow it.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    You may want to check out the legality of carrying replica firearms. It's my understanding that in certain jurisdictions (like NYC for instance) that even TOY guns are illegal. So a "blue" gun would probably fall into that category as well. Since the idiots in Chicago are of the same "caliber" as those in NYC, it may be illegal there also.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    What's going to suck, even if you can legally carry it on you way to work after CC passes, how many office HRs are going to allow it.

I wonder how many are even aware right now. My coworkers only know about the law because I have spoken to them about it. They are clueless.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Unless you work at McDonald's or you're the boss, I would not recommend this experiment in an office setting. I don't really see anything good that could come from it.

Best case scenario is that you don't get fired. If you want to do this just to show your co-worker how easy it is to conceal a gun, I would suggest inviting them over to your house and doing it there.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    I would have asked him how he would know? Is he something special?. Do yourself a favor and avoid mixing with the libtard locals in that cest pool of a city. You won't win because they always know it all and are better than you for it.

BrandonHtwo0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    Portage, IN
    Given my situation I highly doubt it would be an issue, but after re-evaluating it, its probably not the best of ideas.

I'll just carry the real thing once legal and not say a word.

Such a pain in the ass working here - so many ridiculous statements from an equally ridiculous group of people. Maybe I'll do the "experiment" with a proxy, like a small book of roughly equal size. Dunno.

Either way I'll be picking up some dummies - training more never hurts.

Edit: HR docs are all-clear and allow carry.

Last edited:

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    OP, my thought is worth what it costs. You are there to do a job, not make political statements to liberal idiots. You have zero to gain in your proposed exercise.

Cole46845

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Grab a gun.com has the .177 BB guns for cheap. Then at least you have something left over at end of experiment

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom