• Status
    Not open for further replies.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    John Stuart Mill had it totally wrong when he discussed the need to safeguard from the tyranny of the majority.
    Who woulda thunk that it would invert to the tyranny of the minority, one so draconian that even disagreement with the loudest, most well financed minority now routinely leads to being ostracized, losing jobs, having businesses closed down, prosecution and just about any other harm that can be dealt out short of outright killing?
    If one didn't know any better, he could be excused for thinking that a great deal of this looks exactly like revenge for past slights, either personal or imagined.
    That couldn't possibly be true though, right?
    Right?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    That's what I thought nothing to prove your point. Just another mordant comment at the end.
    Good day.

I find it ridiculous that people on this forum relate personal and professional experiences all day long, yet I am the only one being asked to produce credentials and "prove" the validity of my statements. I don't see anyone questioning Churchmouse's credentials when he talks HVAC or HoughMade's credentials when he talks law.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I find it ridiculous that people on this forum relate personal and professional experiences all day long, yet I am the only one being asked to produce credentials and "prove" the validity of my statements. I don't see anyone questioning Churchmouse's credentials when he talks HVAC or HoughMade's credentials when he talks law.

Behind my back.......:):

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Sexism. Men always believe what other guys tell us....why just the other day, I cop stopped me and he told me it was illegal to OC. When I mentioned that to the dude at my local LGS, he backed that up and then went on to tell me the lifetime LTCH was going away in July.

:popcorn:

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013

I find it disingenuous that you are continually being mendacious here. No one here has asked for any of your professional credentials it has not happened. You made a statement and have nothing to back it up with but your word, and i ask for you to back it up with proof. And you cant other than your word. and i dont believe you. Its as simple as that, certainly with the time that has elapsed you could have googled, foxfired or binged some college safe room to prove your point.. But apparentley that's not going to happen. I would have thought as much as it meant to you to serve In the capacity that you served in with the safe room and so forth you would have at least kept a piece of literature on what was being offered.
    Members back up there word here all the time with data, pictures others that also were there.. And many other ways. I am sure Mr HVAC can produce his freon card and manufacturer school certs to anyone that asks to see them, along with the esquire I am sure his JD is hanging on the wall of is office for anyone to see.
    And again none of this is personal to anyone.. And again. Good day.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I find it disingenuous that you are continually being mendacious here. No one here has asked for any of your professional credentials it has not happened. You made a statement and have nothing to back it up with but your word, and i ask for you to back it up with proof. And you cant other than your word. and i dont believe you. Its as simple as that, certainly with the time that has elapsed you could have googled, foxfired or binged some college safe room to prove your point.. But apparentley that's not going to happen. I would have thought as much as it meant to you to serve In the capacity that you served in with the safe room and so forth you would have at least kept a piece of literature on what was being offered.
    Members back up there word here all the time with data, pictures others that also were there.. And many other ways. I am sure Mr HVAC can produce his freon card and manufacturer school certs to anyone that asks to see them, along with the esquire I am sure his JD is hanging on the wall of is office for anyone to see.
    And again none of this is personal to anyone.. And again. Good day.

How many times are you going to leave? :laugh:

I don't need to prove anything. Those who respect me as a member of this forum have no reason to doubt what I say. Those who don't are not my concern.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Meh, apparently I need to work on my reading comprehension skills or something.

What AA&E wrote still comes off as "this is my experience with one of them so I believe it applies to all of them." Poor choice of wording maybe? I hope so.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    John Stuart Mill had it totally wrong when he discussed the need to safeguard from the tyranny of the majority.
    Who woulda thunk that it would invert to the tyranny of the minority, one so draconian that even disagreement with the loudest, most well financed minority now routinely leads to being ostracized, losing jobs, having businesses closed down, prosecution and just about any other harm that can be dealt out short of outright killing?
    If one didn't know any better, he could be excused for thinking that a great deal of this looks exactly like revenge for past slights, either personal or imagined.
    That couldn't possibly be true though, right?
    Right?

Well, you know, two wrongs making a right and all.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    So you are okay to be in the same changing room with someone that doesn't have the correct plumbing any more.... since they are still a "he"

We were talking about gender identity, not sex changes... I brought this up in discussion earlier and was quickly shut down as it being two separate issues.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom