Greenfield
    Firefighter Killed In Crash - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis
    25130053_240X180.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Redneckmedic...I just heard this on the news and am deeply saddened. As a former professional firefighter, please pass along my condolences to your brothers and sisters and to the family of Firefighter Clark.

God bless those who risk their lives selflessly to save others.

This is truly a sad day. :(

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Godspeed. That's outrageous that someone driving like an idiot cost this man his life.
    Where did you see the cause of the accident?

I didn't see any mention of how it happened, but it did state that nobody was cited. Assuming that somebody was driving like an idiot is taking a bit of a leap. True accidents can and do happen.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

I didn't see any mention of how it happened, but it did state that nobody was cited. Assuming that somebody was driving like an idiot is taking a bit of a leap. True accidents can and do happen.

It says right in the article that he was stopped waiting to turn left when the vehicle coming up behind him struck his vehicle and pushed it into oncoming traffic.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    About the only thing I got out of a driving class I had to take to make a ticket go away was this:

When possible, do not commit the wheels to a turn while stopped and waiting. The reason was to eliminate this situation. You are rear ended and already angled wheels, puts you into oncoming traffic. Otherwise, you go pretty much straight. It is something that kept me out of traffic when I got slammed into many moons ago.

Still a tragic thing and sad way for someone to go out. Far too many on the roads care more about getting somewhere quicker than they do for the safety of anyone, including themselves.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    It says right in the article that he was stopped waiting to turn left when the vehicle coming up behind him struck his vehicle and pushed it into oncoming traffic.
    Uh, it didn't say that when I posted my response. The article was updated between then and now.

Either way it's a moot point now because I just wanted to read the details to further form a judgment on the cause of the accident.

ETA, I still don't think judgment can be passed though. I know it seems like a clear case of negligence on the part of the driver that rear-ended him, but the fact of the matter is that there could have been other causes. Maybe his brake lights weren't working properly therefore the driver behind didn't have enough reaction time to get stopped. The article says nobody was cited; that normally means that nobody was acting negligently. It was a accident; a very unfortunate accident and prayers go out to his family, friends, and coworkers.

Last edited:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton

There are no accidents. They are called crashes. People's driving causes crashes. Not weather or bad roads it is drivers actions or inaction's.

Just because no one was cited that also does not mean no one was negligent. Anytime you rearend another vehicle you are negligent. Even if the vehicle you hit had no brake lights,it was raining or snowing or whatever. A classic example of a driver not having their vehicle under control.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    There are no accidents. They are called crashes. People's driving causes crashes. Not weather or bad roads it is drivers actions or inaction's.

This. It was stated in the article at the time of my post that Clark was hit from behind and sent into oncoming traffic, due to the idiot behind him not even attempting to stop.

They need to find the person who caused this and take care of business. Gross negligence is NO defence.

Top Bottom