• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    There are no accidents. They are called crashes. People's driving causes crashes. Not weather or bad roads it is drivers actions or inaction's.
    That's the biggest load of bs ever. If you don't think there is such a thing as an accident then why is there even a word "accident"? Come on...

Just because no one was cited that also does not mean no one was negligent.
    Yes, I realize that, but if a person was grossly negligent he would most likely be cited and/or prosecuted for negligent homicide.
    Anytime you rearend another vehicle you are negligent. Even if the vehicle you hit had no brake lights,it was raining or snowing or whatever. A classic example of a driver not having their vehicle under control.
    BS again... there are many cases where things just can't be avoided. Not every rear-ending is negligent. Do you really want me to start laying down scenarios?

This. It was stated in the article at the time of my post that Clark was hit from behind and sent into oncoming traffic, due to the idiot behind him not even attempting to stop.

They need to find the person who caused this and take care of business. Gross negligence is NO defence.
    That's odd, I combed that article for details on how it happened and didn't find any at that time. Are you sure those details came from the article? Or had you seen it on the news as well; it seems that some early news reports had the details of how it happened but the article didn't have the details initially.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    That's the biggest load of bs ever. If you don't think there is such a thing as an accident then why is there even a word "accident"? Come on...

Yes, I realize that, but if a person was grossly negligent he would most likely be cited and/or prosecuted for negligent homicide.

BS again... there are many cases where things just can't be avoided. Not every rear-ending is negligent. Do you really want me to start laying down scenarios?

You can call BS if you like, It doesn't change the facts. As far as this crash,charges can still be forthcoming.Crash reconstruction takes time. Once the reconstruction is complete,depending on what the results show, the driver could be charged.

Crashes can and do have contributing factors. On the Indiana crash report writing software there are environmental and a host of other contributing factors. But when vehicles collide it is human/driver error that causes the crash 99.9% of the time. I guess one can argue that failed brakes or something along that line can happen but it is pretty rare. It is typically people driving to fast for the conditions and or not paying attention.

Accident is a term no longer used in crash training or crash software. Some IC title 9 code charges may still have the word accident in them but I am not sure on that.

Last edited:

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Prayers to his family. And I just want to throw out a +1 to Brownsburg Fire Territory for the respect that they dedicated to him and his family in his Line of Duty passing.

"When I'm called to duty God
    wherever flames may rage
    give me strength to save a life
    whatever be its age

Help me to embrace a little child
    before it is too late
    or save an older person from
    the horror of that fate

Enable me to be alert
    to hear the weakest shout
    and quickly and efficiently
    to put the fire out

I want to fill my calling and
    to give the best in me
    to guard my neighbor and
    protect his property

And if according to your will
    I have to lose my life
    bless with your protecting hand
    my children and my wife." - Firefighters Prayer

Amen.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    A traffic accident is when a tree falls on a car. 90% of the time, the traffic collision was caused by the driving habits of the person causing the "accident".

Round Ball

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    Northern Ind.
    Feel bad about the loss of another brother fire fighter spent 32 yrs on and a stronger brother hood you will not fine.My prayers are with the family and fire fighter brothers and sisters

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    When possible, do not commit the wheels to a turn while stopped and waiting. The reason was to eliminate this situation. You are rear ended and already angled wheels, puts you into oncoming traffic. Otherwise, you go pretty much straight. It is something that kept me out of traffic when I got slammed into many moons ago.

+1. I've never taken any classes(other than Driver's Ed), but I've always known not to do this...The opposite should be said about LEOs when they pull someone over; their wheels should be turned either right or left, so if some jackwagon isn't paying attention and veers off of the road, the police car doesn't slam into the back of the car pulled over.

R.I.P Duane, I will be praying for your family.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I drove around this accident this morning, just north of the old Brownsburg Golf course on 267. Sad.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    About the only thing I got out of a driving class I had to take to make a ticket go away was this:

When possible, do not commit the wheels to a turn while stopped and waiting. The reason was to eliminate this situation. You are rear ended and already angled wheels, puts you into oncoming traffic. Otherwise, you go pretty much straight. It is something that kept me out of traffic when I got slammed into many moons ago.

Still a tragic thing and sad way for someone to go out. Far too many on the roads care more about getting somewhere quicker than they do for the safety of anyone, including themselves.

That's. Good idea. I've never heard that before with the wheels.

I heard about the accident last night. That's just terrible.

Top Bottom