If you're gonna make an offer, stick with it!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    People who make offers on items and have the offer accepted should stick with their deal, regardless of what comes up. Some things are understandable, but others it's plain that people lie. So if you are going to make an offer on a gun, be prepared to pony up and put your money where your mouth (or keyboard) is!

That is all. :ingo:

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    People who make offers on items and have the offer accepted should stick with their deal, regardless of what comes up. Some things are understandable, but others it's plain that people lie. So if you are going to make an offer on a gun, be prepared to pony up and put your money where your mouth (or keyboard) is!

That shouldn't "be all". You should be using the -1 Feedback and tell us all who isn't a person of their word
    ! :dunno:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    People need to use the negative feedback on these people which will eventually put a 'keep away" reputation on them.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    I love the "Will you meet me at such and such" or "I will give you x for x" PMs.

I have had many people PM me and ask the above, I respond with a sure I can do that, or Yeah OK that sounds fair. Only to never hear from them again. I sometimes even send a follow-up PM "Hey how's it going did you want X, if so I will hold it for you I have had others ask about X" Only to never get a reply.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    I agree! Every one who has delt with me here know I am a man of my word. I take pride in this. I was raised to believe my word and handshake is a binding contract written on my own honor. And I expect this of others. Those who break there word have no honor.

Crimson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 24, 2008
    Columbus, Indiana

Agreed.

czar996

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    The person had better have a damn good reason. I mean I understand if they made a verbal deal for a $1500 gun and lost their job the next day. As much as it would suck, I would respect that. If they schedule a FTF sale in a week and then buy the same gun for $1450 somewhere else, THAT would **** me off!

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    been lucky

well i guess i have been lucky on here any deal i have made has been good or worked out in my favor.never had anyone back out of done deal.i agree if say you want it a make plans to meet then do so.thats what i was told the feedback section was for +1 -1 for those who's word is no good:cheers:

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    I definitely agree about posting feedback. I have had no problems with buyers or sellers here, and I do always do a search on the feedback of a potential buyer or seller. The feedback section works well.

Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    I'd post feedback on this one, but I'm just not sure if it's true or not. If it turned out to be true, I'd feel like an a$$, but I just can't tell with this one. So I'll abstain from feedback on this particular instance, but keep up this general complaint and warning to other members: if you are going to offer money, be prepared to put your money where your mouth is!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Agreed.

It has happened to me several times. What is even more frustrating is you beat around the bush with this guy, while holding up your end you deny other offers and once they start ignoring you, it is too late for the other offers because they already found what they are looking for.:xmad:

I can understand some excuses, but I seriously have a hard time believing the number of deaths in these buyer's families.:rolleyes:

My sincerest apologies to the honest buyer's..But shame on you dishonest ones!:noway:

Top Bottom