• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    No. You have it exactly right. The laws in the gun show are the same as the laws outside of the gun show.

The "gun show loophole" is pure propaganda.

I have bought a few guns in the last year or two that have been from private collections. Sold to me with out a 4473. Were these legal purchases or not. I was told that guns could be sold from private collections without a background check.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    You do not need a license nor formal background check to sell your own property. Only sales via FFLs do.

To repeat: The laws in the gun show are the same as the laws outside the gun show.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I have bought a few guns in the last year or two that have been from private collections. Sold to me with out a 4473. Were these legal purchases or not. I was told that guns could be sold from private collections without a background check.
    See the whole thing is that they wanna try to curtail all private sales so they use scare tactics to try and make everyone afraid of getting prosecuted just for selling a personal firearm or two. I've been seeing a lot of people asking about this and even some saying that they may even consider not doing any private transactions anymore. That includes selling and buying. It's purely a scare tactic to try and affect the private sales market.

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    See the whole thing is that they wanna try to curtail all private sales so they use scare tactics to try and make everyone afraid of getting prosecuted just for selling a personal firearm or two. I've been seeing a lot of people asking about this and even some saying that they may even consider not doing any private transactions anymore. That includes selling and buying. It's purely a scare tactic to try and affect the private sales market.

The rifles I purchased were from a vendor. He said they were from his private collection and no transfer was needed. From some of the things I read here, a transfer should have taken place. I don't know if a transfer was required or not. Again, these were from a vendor that I still see at the shows. I'm not worried about private sales, I only have 3 more rifles left to sale and a buddy at a LGS would be more than happy to take them off my hands. The rest of what I have is not going anywhere anytime soon...

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    Wife came to the rescue...I am a t shirt kind of guy and she saves me from that every now and again...

Was that your shop they took the footage in? If so, now I know where all the Mosins are. I seen an M38, M44, several 91/30s, and if I'm not mistaken a M91. I haven't seen that many commie lead slingers in 1 place in a long time...nice shop.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The rifles I purchased were from a vendor. He said they were from his private collection and no transfer was needed. From some of the things I read here, a transfer should have taken place. I don't know if a transfer was required or not. Again, these were from a vendor that I still see at the shows. I'm not worried about private sales, I only have 3 more rifles left to sale and a buddy at a LGS would be more than happy to take them off my hands. The rest of what I have is not going anywhere anytime soon...
    Nope, no transfer necessariy if they were from his private collection (ie. not in his "bound book" if he is an FFL). I have my C&R license (FFL 03) and if I sell a gun, I have to record the buyer's information in my bound book, IF it's one of my C&R guns. If I sell a modern firearm, I don't record anything. In the case of an FFL 01 (LGS), if they intend it to be part of their business' inventory, they have to enter the firearm into their bound book when they get it in the shop (either on a trade from a private individual, or from a wholesaler) and when they sell it they have to do the 4473 and call NICS. Unless (and this is a nice perk to having a C&R) I am buying a C&R firearm from a LGS, in which case, I give them a copy of my license and no 4473 or call to NICS is necessary. But he still has to record the disposition of the firearm in his records.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Was that your shop they took the footage in? If so, now I know where all the Mosins are. I seen an M38, M44, several 91/30s, and if I'm not mistaken a M91. I haven't seen that many commie lead slingers in 1 place in a long time...nice shop.

Yes sir...The M38 is actually a M91/59 but good eye....And the M44 is dated 1943 and is what I believe is known as a "trial rifle" but that may just be internet bs...

Last edited:

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    Yes sir...The M38 is actually a M91/59 but good eye....

I sold of all my Mausers, and Steyer carbines when I discovered Mosins. Great rifles, and a vast array of countries and variations. I am waiting for pictures from a guy in Colorado on a 91/59. If I like what I see, it will be sitting in my safe in about 2 weeks. Just curious, what you asking for it?

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    Nope, no transfer necessariy if they were from his private collection (ie. not in his "bound book" if he is an FFL). I have my C&R license (FFL 03) and if I sell a gun, I have to record the buyer's information in my bound book, IF it's one of my C&R guns. If I sell a modern firearm, I don't record anything. In the case of an FFL 01 (LGS), if they intend it to be part of their business' inventory, they have to enter the firearm into their bound book when they get it in the shop (either on a trade from a private individual, or from a wholesaler) and when they sell it they have to do the 4473 and call NICS. Unless (and this is a nice perk to having a C&R) I am buying a C&R firearm from a LGS, in which case, I give them a copy of my license and no 4473 or call to NICS is necessary. But he still has to record the disposition of the firearm in his records.

No way for me to know if he had a C&R or not. I'm going to assume he didn't have a C&R. Thanks for the clarification.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Just got around to watching it! Happy to see you are willing to do the interviews. Not bad at all!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yes sir...The M38 is actually a M91/59 but good eye....And the M44 is dated 1943 and is what I believe is known as a "trial rifle" but that may just be internet bs...

Is that what the Russkies used to shoot unruly defendants who weren't content to follow through with the process of being given a "fair" trial first and then shot, and acted up in court?

Top Bottom