• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    how would you respond and not come across in a way that would reflect negatively on the gun owning community...Please post responses quickly...I have not even read or seen what the President said....

Kirk or Hough if you all have any advice call me at 812-725-1911

Thanks guys.....

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'd simply remind the people that these rule changes violate patient privacy and will result in fewer people getting the mental healthcare they need due to now needing to fear losing their rights for the rest of their life, should they ever seek help for any condition they may have.

As well as reminding them that now having a mental condition is effectively no different than being a criminal, thanks to obama's insane actions.

The social justice warriors and lefties should be frothing at the mouth in anger over such a thing. I think that's a point we could be successful with driving home.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I am going to say don't let Obama control the narrative. Emphasize that anti-gun legislation, executive orders, and executive 'actions' do NOT make anyone safer, and that the likely net effect is opening doors for people intending to remain with the law to get snared, especially given the ambiguity such as not establishing any clear criteria for the declared purpose of facilitating prosecution. I will have to look back through the applicable threads since I have forgotten where that was posted.

Here we go! Tip of the hat to KG1 for finding and posting this information.

Obama Executive Order on Guns

“ATF will make clear that whether you are ‘engaged in the business’ depends on the facts and circumstances,” Jarrett said. “On factors such as: whether you represent yourself as a dealer, such as making business cards or taking credit card statements. Whether you sell firearms shortly after they’re acquired or whether you buy or sell in the original packaging.”

“Numbers are relevant. The ATF and DOJ did not identify a magic number of weapons that makes you engaged in the business because that would limit their ability to bring prosecution.”

In addition to the new guidance on who must obtain a firearms license, Valerie Jarrett announced that the president would require the Social Security Administration to begin the rule-making process for prohibiting certain Social Security recipients from legally obtaining guns, a move that could bar millions from legally owning firearms.

Last edited:

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I'm pretty sure a solid 25% (at least) of our society is on some sort of anti-depressant or mood stabilizing drug of some sort, or has been at some point....Guess they can't have guns!

The 25% is a guess and I can almost bet that's on the low end, might search for a real statistic but I bet you know a lot of people (whether you know it or not) who have been on some sort of brain chemistry drug in their life.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Laws don't stop murders. If laws stopped murder then the law against murdering would be enough. Its everyone's job to protect themselves carrying a gun is a lot easier then carrying a police officer around.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    1. Nothing new was accomplished. It was always been illegal to deal in firearms without an FFL.

2. The "gunshow loophole" cannot be closed as it does not exist. There is no "loophole" at a gun show or on the internet. Federal law still controls in a gun show or outside a gun show.

3. Executive actions are merely suggestions. Think of it as having no food in your house. If you write a grocery list down, have you accomplished anything or is the icebox still empty?

4. Read this: Executive Orders: The Shoe Drops | Shall Not Be Questioned

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm pretty sure a solid 25% (at least) of our society is on some sort of anti-depressant or mood stabilizing drug of some sort, or has been at some point....Guess they can't have guns!

The 25% is a guess and I can almost bet that's on the low end, might search for a real statistic but I bet you know a lot of people (whether you know it or not) who have been on some sort of brain chemistry drug in their life.

I'd wager it's closer to 3/4 of the general public.

That's why they're pushing it so hard, that would effectively be a total gun ban. Not sure why people are even worried about the FFL situation. That's not going to matter if you can never own guns for the rest of your life.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I would change my shirt.

I believe in the last interview I saw a nice 18th century coat and waistcoat hanging on the wall...wear that :cool:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Everything the president said is symbolic. Assuming all his suggestions are implemented, which is highly unlikely, there will be no impact on violent crime.

Gang member 1: Hey man. I need a gun. You got one I can buy?
    Gang member 2: I got an extra one but Obama says I can't sell it to you, sorry.

Pretty logical, eh?

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I'd wager it's closer to 3/4 of the general public.

That's why they're pushing it so hard, that would effectively be a total gun ban. Not sure why people are even worried about the FFL situation. That's not going to matter if you can never own guns for the rest of your life.

I'd agree with you but I didn't want to throw out a drastically large number...It's gotta be between 50-75%

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Once the President implements the exe order I'm sure he will cut back on his own security detail since the country will be so much more safe.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] /[/FONT][FONT=&quot] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears” Col. Jeff Cooper

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The Constitution is the basis for our government and our legal system. It is not a piece of paper.

Top Bottom