If you voted for Romney, you just wasted your vote!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    So far I've got over a dozen positve reps for this thread. You guys are starting to make me blush.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    I wish that the libertarians would fight the democrats as hard as they fight conservatives. The only way that the LP will have a chance is if the democrats are destroyed.

I wish people would fight for liberty [STRIKE]as hard [/STRIKE] harder than they fight for thier parties. The only way liberty will have a chance is if we stop the party system, which causes party line voting.

Last edited:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Yeah, but you're probably lucky neg rep was turned off. ;)

The GOP loyalists are thick around here.

That's very true! I'm lucky and the guy selling a used glock 19 for $600 in the classifides is lucky the neg rep is off.

bswartz15

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2012
    Newburgh, Indiana
    Can we get Rand Paul to run next time? I don't care if he runs as a Republican or Libertarian. I would have voted for Ron, but I don't think he is strong enough on defense.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I was absolutely and unapologetically trying to provoke, insult, anger, andoffend those who voted for Romney and have also been giving those of usplanning on voting for an actual fiscal conservative a hard time for the lastyear. You see the last year of political chat on the forum has usually ended upin debates between the status quo republicans who think their party can do nowrong and those of us who've actually looked at the republican parties recordwith a honest perspective. If you don't like the topic, then don't allow it tohurt your feelings and feel free to move on with your life somewhere else.

Right, like you so called Conservatives who scream about Liberty. Who don't realize that voting for Gary Johson was still a vote for the broken system. It's ok though, be like Obama and blame everyone else. Just blame me because I voted for Candidate that had a chance. I'm so evil.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Right, like you so called Conservatives (what's not conservative about those who supported Ron Paul's balanced budget in the first year by cutting a trillion dollars? What was Romney's plan? Oh that's right he was going to balance the budget in ten years, never mind, just keep telling yourself that you're the "real" conservative). who scream about Liberty. Who don't realize that voting for Gary Johson was still a vote for the broken system. It's ok though, be like Obama and blame everyone else. Just blame me because I voted for Candidate that had a chance. I'm so evil.

I don't blaim you for voting for Romney. I just want to rub it in the faces that after a year long of listening to Romney supporters talk about how voting for the person who was going to loose was a waste of a vote, it ends up that your vote was wasted and by a big enough margin that Gary Johnson & Ron Paul were insignificant. If you didn't vote for Obama, you voted for a loser yesterday and we're all in that same boat (loser bracket) together whether you like it or not. My point in starting this to was to take the Romney people's ego down a notch, insult them, and hopefully cause them to think a little bit about what they have done.

I don't blaim you for producing Romney. You were a good little sheep and did as your masters told you like a good boy. I blaim the republican establishment for producing a candidate who couldn't beat Obama in the worst economy we've had since the great depression. Obama has killed more jobs, killed more freedom, killed more liberty, and done more to harm this country then any president before him and yet the "best and brightest" of the repubican establishment couldn't get more votes than Obama.

You are not evil, but you are a loser though. I'm also a loser too, and America is a loser. At least I can still be proud of who I voted for and what that person stood for. It may not mean anything to you since you voted for a loser and threw your vote away, but according to the prevailing republican logic on this forum you may as well have voted for Obama yourself because the person you voted for didn't beat him.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Most of my Ron Paul buddies were all about Gary Johnson, he's the new Ron Paul.

I like some of what Rand is about, but he's not a Ron Paul jr. and has his differences. Not a bad guy, but just don't give him a free pass because of his name.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I didn't think people were saying it was a wasted vote. I thought they were saying it was a vote for Obama? :dunno:

...Psh, at least that didn't happen.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I don't blaim you for voting for Romney. I just want to rub it in the faces that after a year long of listening to Romney supporters talk about how voting for the person who was going to loose was a waste of a vote, it ends up that your vote was wasted and by a big enough margin that Gary Johnson & Ron Paul were insignificant. If you didn't vote for Obama, you voted for a loser yesterday and we're all in that same boat (loser bracket) together whether you like it or not. My point in starting this to was to take the Romney people's ego down a notch, insult them, and hopefully cause them to think a little bit about what they have done.

I don't blaim you for producing Romney. You were a good little sheep and did as your masters told you like a good boy. I blaim the republican establishment for producing a candidate who couldn't beat Obama in the worst economy we've had since the great depression. Obama has killed more jobs, killed more freedom, killed more liberty, and done more to harm this country then any president before him and yet the "best and brightest" of the repubican establishment couldn't get more votes than Obama.

You are not evil, but you are a loser though. I'm also a loser too, and America is a loser. At least I can still be proud of who I voted for and what that person stood for. It may not mean anything to you since you voted for a loser and threw your vote away, but according to the prevailing republican logic on this forum you may as well have voted for Obama yourself because the person you voted for didn't beat him.

First off, you are delusional. Second off, you need to get off of your high horse. I love how people who don't know me call me a sheep. You don't know me, so keep your assumptions to yourself. I did not create Romney. I really did not care for Romney, but It was him or Obama. I don't like that Romney lost, but I do not regret my vote. Keep thinking voting for Gary Johson was so moral, blah blah BS. You would have still been voting for the same damn system, you just can't see it. It takes more than a Presdient to make this country run as it should, to work for the American people. You want to refer to Obama winning the election. Blame the people sucking on the Government tit. Blame the people who fell for the Hope and Change BS, again. Blame the people who care more about birth control and abortion then they do the economy. Yeah, they are the ones that voted for Obama. You are doing just what the Government wants. Pointing fingers at the wrong people, creating more division. Yes, my opinion still is, a vote for Gary was vote for Obama. However, I'm not going out of my way attacking and blaming those that did vote for him. No, my blame lies with the people who directly voted for Obama. They made their bed, and the rest of us have to suffer.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    Right, like you so called Conservatives who scream about Liberty. Who don't realize that voting for Gary Johson was still a vote for the broken system. It's ok though, be like Obama and blame everyone else. Just blame me because I voted for Candidate that had a chance. I'm so evil.

Voting outside the 2 party system with a vote for GJ was a vote for the broken system? And your vote for Mittens accomplished what, displayed your dissaproval of the system? Hardly. It shows your approval.

You asked for more of the same next year, I asked for something else. But your the real "rage against the machine" guy and Im just going along with the system right? :rolleyes:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    First off, you are delusional. Second off, you need to get off of your high horse. I love how people who don't know me call me a sheep. You don't know me, so keep your assumptions to yourself. I did not create Romney. I really did not care for Romney, but It was him or Obama. It was this mentality that's been going on here all year long and the people preaching it have been commenting that a vote for anyone other than Romney was a wasted vote. Clearly it wasn't because Romney didn't win. I don't like that Romney lost, but I do not regret my vote. Nobody here likes that Romney lost. Out of the three people running on the ballot in all 50 states he would have been my second vote. Keep thinking voting for Gary Johson was so moral, blah blah BS. You would have still been voting for the same damn system, you just can't see it. How is voting for a govenor who's veto'd more bils than all the other governors combined voting for the same damn system?? Care to explain that, or maybe you should jsut get off your high horse telling people that they're delusional. Think about that for a minute and really let it settle in. It takes more than a Presdient to make this country run as it should, to work for the American people. You want to refer to Obama winning the election. Blame the people sucking on the Government tit. I do (along with people who will vote for establishment candidates just because they have an "R" or "D" by their name aka sheep) Blame the people who fell for the Hope and Change BS, again. I do. Blame the people who care more about birth control and abortion then they do the economy. I absolutely do. Yeah, they are the ones that voted for Obama. You are doing just what the Government wants. Pointing fingers at the wrong people, creating more division. I point fingers at both parties and if the libertarian party turns into a clone of either the R or D party I will gladly point the finger at them also. Wrong is wrong regardless of the little letter in front of their name. Yes, my opinion still is, a vote for Gary was vote for Obama. However, I'm not going out of my way attacking and blaming those that did vote for him. Really?!?! No, my blame lies with the people who directly voted for Obama. They made their bed, and the rest of us have to suffer.

I blame those who voted for Obama too. More so than I do those who voted for Romney. The problem as I see it is that the producers of the country have become the minority and we are past a tipping point of recovery for the country. Not trying to sound too depressing but I think we're 100% screwed at this point. The point in all of this is to challenge the idea that anything other than a vote for the "R" establishment candidate was a vote for Obama.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I think it's very interesting that Obamney got the same white voter totals that Reagan did in his landslide victory over Carter. That says a lot about what's wrong with the gop. They have gone out of their way to push back on blacks and hispanics and probably asians of all stripes. They can never win again without these demographics and, if they expect to win they had better get off their asses see what they need to do to garner these votes. Angry white people are a shrinking demographic.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Voting outside the 2 party system with a vote for GJ was a vote for the broken system? And your vote for Mittens accomplished what, displayed your disapproval of the system? Hardly. It shows your approval.

You asked for more of the same next year, I asked for something else. But your the real "rage against the machine" guy and I'm just going along with the system right? :rolleyes:

I never said that. I voted for the same system as well, I will not deny it. Voting for GJ made no difference for showing disapproval. You think anyone honestly cared that a very few people voted for him? That they where like, OMG, they don't like us. It's going to take a lot more votes than that to grasp some attention. No, I voted in an attempt to send Obama packing, and I don't regret it. I don't think any of the Candidates where the answer we need, especially not Obama, we have seen his record as President. It's going to take more than a President to turn our Country around. Instead of holding out for longer, now we will decline that much quicker. It will always be a two party system. Fact is, no third party Candidate has the backing to succeed. They will never grown enough support. I think this election is a perfect example of that. If you feel that voting for Romney was not the right choice. Then maybe your best bet was not to vote, in my opinion.

Top Bottom