• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    You have to choose one, thats right ONE firearm for a bug out gun.

What would yours be, remember to keep in mind ammo supply and what will be available after stores have been picked clean,!

Mine would a Ruger 10/22 with side folding stock and scope (Non Battery powered)

Clay319

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    Boone County
    I suppose it depends on the situation. Just for self defense an ak 47 pistol might be nice. For a longer period of time where food might be short maybe a shotgun would be more useful.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I'm torn between my Marlin model 60 or an AR15. Depends on the circumstance. If I'm out for the long haul, the 22 wins. I'f its only for a few days, AR15.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Well, if it was right at the start, where everyone is looting and forming small militias, I would probably want an AR.

If it was later, like post-ap, and you were just trying to survive, probably a 12 gauge with a bunch of gauge reducers/caliber adapters.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    12 ga pump shotgun. Will handle 2 legged, and 4 legged animals all day/night. Ammo is common, can be cut down to fit your needs.(who is concerned about law in SHTF) can also take apart and use a duffle to transport. Will last a while with minimum maintenance, and many models are similar in reference to parts replacement.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Glock 19 with a threaded barrel. Concealable when I go to town. I know how to fight with the thing. I am also a pretty good shot, marksmanship wise, so I could hunt some types of game with it. (I also have 9mm shotshells for it). It runs every type of ammo I have ever fed it from steel cased Wolf, to 147g JHP subsonic to +P ammo. Put a can on it and it has even more capability for offence (yes you heard me right) as well as poaching. I can carry a bunch of ammo for it. I could probably scrounge ammo for it. 9mm is easy to reload using a hand press. Its the AK of pistols. Rugged reliability.

diablo750

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Middletown
    22lr

I tend to like the 22lr. Specifically the ruger 10/22 takedown and ruger mark 3 hunter. The 10/22 takedown breaks into 2 peices and could easily be stored in a back pack (ironically it does come with a storage pack new). The mark 3 hunter is a 22lr handgun which i have seen video of people plinking targets at 200 yds. Both are made of stainless, both reasonably priced, both use among the cheapest ammo available (which makes stock piling more economical). Downside is that both of these are very hard to find right now, hoping to get lucky at the 1500 this weekend.

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    Mine would be my henry survival rifle.. I have 2-8rd mags and 2-15rd mags.. Folds up very small and eats any ammo I put through it. It is also very accurate, I can shoot a 50 cent piece at 30yds which IMHO is pretty decent. And ammo is light and WAS plentiful before the foil hatters bought it all lol

500 mag

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Indy
    I would have to grab the 12 gauge. Ammo would probably one of the easiest to find. You have shot shells for birds and small game and slugs for long range hunting for bigger game. And of course buck shot for close range defense. You got it all in one gun. Thats just me

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Tough choice. AR or 12ga pump shotgun. Versatility and ammo wise, probably the 12 ga. I would agree with 500 mag above. But, if I could have my ultimate choice I'd grab 2 weapons - a 9mm pistol and the 12 ga.

Top Bottom