If you had $10k to buy guns with, what would you buy?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    I'm likely going to start a build on the AR platform of a 260Rem so I could blow $3K or so on that. Hmmm.....a 41Mag wheelgun to compliment my Marlin, another 5" 1911, a M&P9C, whatever is left - reloading supplies.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    OT

This is what I did:

Supplemented my AR collection by two more, to give me every version I could ever desire.

Increased my magazine collection for my AR's incredibly.

Researched, replaced, and purchased the best range bags and range accessories, so zeroing is a pleasure vs. a pain.

Built an ammo cabinet, complete with dehumidifiers, and cataloged and arranged my ammo, so I know where every single shell is, and can access within minutes. My thousands of rounds of .223 (brass only casings), line my 2000# behemoth of a safe.

Cataloged and went through every single long gun, so each was accessorized with everything needed, from the slings to the scope caps.
    (Put scope caps on every weapon you own, I know I swallowed hard when swiping that credit card) Hint: If you can find a dealer that'll get them in, Traditions makes the least expensive, NICEST scope caps around. Unfortuantely before I found this out, Butler Creek was on most of mine.

Each weapon is now cataloged with the corresponding ammo, so whatever the sporting occasion, I just grab and go.

Improved any existing scopes and mounts, so I would have no doubts about the performance of anything. I'm a Nikon fan, and absolutely am impressed with the Game Reaper brand of 1 piece mounts. Otherwise, Millett, Weaver or Leupold.

All pistols, have the proper holstering, and most of my autos are equipped with Fobus gun and magazine holsters, so I know they'll last for the long haul.

My wife also loves going out in the field and farm with me, so she also has her own weapons, for different types of game. This isn't too hard with a woman, but if you're a proud male, the stuff she carries is as good or sometimes better than your own.:)

What amazed me in the process of doing this, was the expense of the little things, but if you only have to buy it once, it's actually cheaper in the long run.

Good luck in your aspirations of acquiring your dream cache of stuff.

Last edited:

Kbowers9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Salem
    Well..... I would most likely just buy a nice AR and spend the rest of the money on ammo so I wouldn't just have a nice gun to look at.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Model 73, 1 in a 1000 model.
    Excellent choice. I would like an AR and a 1911 at some point to round out my collection. But if $10,000 suddenly fell into my lap with the requirement that it be spent on guns, I would likely buy that $9000 .50bmg that I've been eyeballing for some time now along with a little ammo for it. I almost bought it a few times, but used my better judgment and let the money go elsewhere. Probably a good thing since I never even have time to play with the guns I've got, and both safes are full so there's nowhere to store it.

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    Im pretty sure id just go ahead and get a mac-10 for each hand, then spend the rest on .45 acp.

Last edited:

dschantz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    I would buy a matching pair, consecutive serial numbered, Colt Single Action Army Pistols. After that, A couple more Glocks, and then I don't know...... It would be fun to have to figure out for real!

RD3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    G20c just because I've been wanting one. Nice long range sniper rifle. lots of ammo. then I would just start looking, don't have a complete list yet.
    oh yea, would spend some on a good safe to keep them in

GMack_1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2009
    Montgomery Co.
    Go Big Or Stay Home

I've always liked the idea of driving nails from a thousand yards..., yeah, real sniper stuff..., or hunting out in the Rockies...

For ten large I'd get a customized, detailed.., long range rifle (maybe two?). Jeez, I could be real nasty mother with one of these puppies....

Here's the link:

Gunwerks - Home

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    Hmmmm well... a NM Garand and spend the rest on 30.06? heh

Nah, I like toys too much:
    SVT40
    FN49 (30.06 or 7.62 NATO(
    M91's of various pre-WW I vintage
    Fill out my Finn Collection
    Luger P08
    Swiss K11
    Springfield 03A3
    Krag carbine

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    First an island,
    then 22 LR bolt action, a good 1911, centerfire bolt action, remington 870 riot, and a good semi auto rifle, 22 LR revolver.

Trickpony

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Out of State :(
    If I had it laying around for only guns... I'd buy a .408 Chey-Tac M200 and a AR-10... Whatever was left over I'd buy some .408 ammo since it's around $5/round :)

Top Bottom