If you had $10k to buy guns with, what would you buy?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Making it a little more specific, I'd go with the Barrett 98B in .338 Lapua. That would take half my money. Maybe I'm dreaming, but I could probably get a glass good enough for me for $2000. The remaining $3000 would buy 500 rounds, since I'd be buying in bulk.

That's all.

See, if I had $10,000 it would also go to a .338 Lapua, but it would be from Accuracy International, leaving me about $200 in the hole. If I had a rifle like that, I would come up with the cash for Nightforce optics.

If we had move the decimal point just one more time, $100K...

Something from an English best, probably Holland and Holland, in either .500 or .600 NE.

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    $10k on one gun:
    Knight's Armament SR-M110 SASS, Suppressor, Glass, bipod

$10k spread around:
    DSA SA-85, acog
    Reloading setup
    Custom work on my .308 R700
    Marlin 1894 in .44 mag
    Springfield 1911
    G19
    Another Lancaster AKM-47
    Noveske AR-15, reflex sight and other stuff to hang on railz
    rest on ammo/mags

Move the decimal to $100k:
    A bunch of land in the boonies to shoot on with other like-minded individuals.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Wow $10K, time to go to the 1500.

Browning Cynergy, Beretta Urika II, Benelli Ultra Light in 20 guage, FN PS90, M1A1, TC Pro Hunter, Sig Sauer P229, EMP

Apokalypsi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Speedway
    I'd pay off my bills so I completely out of debt (easily done with this kind of money) and then buy a few different guns. First I'd build a GDMR AR15 in 6.5 Grendel, then buy a Mossberg 590, Glock 27, and a .458 SOCOM AR upper.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I'd pay off my bills so I completely out of debt (easily done with this kind of money) and then buy a few different guns. First I'd build a GDMR AR15 in 6.5 Grendel, then buy a Mossberg 590, Glock 27, and a .458 SOCOM AR upper.

That's what I was thinking as well. That would free me up around $400 a month or more to spend on guns and other toys.

If doing this I'd pay off the bills and buy a Springfield M1a loaded with NM barrel and a couple thousand rounds of ammo. Plus a nice starter reloading setup.

If I would spend it all on guns.
    That same M1a would be bought
    plus a Colt 6920
    LWRCI's M6A2
    Mossburg 590a1 parkerized
    Savage LE series in 308 with the adj stock and some good glass, then start the paperwork on a suppressor to go with it.
    G19 or G17, and a Kimber pro carry.
    If anything left, ammo :)

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    You guys have less than $10k in bills? I don't own a house and paid cash for my truck and i still have way way way more debt than that.

I could stil use a Freedom Arms Revolver, and enough ammo to figure out how to shoot it.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    You guys have less than $10k in bills? I don't own a house and paid cash for my truck and i still have way way way more debt than that.

I could stil use a Freedom Arms Revolver, and enough ammo to figure out how to shoot it.

Yup I do now, lol. If you would of asked me a couple of years ago I prob couldn't say that. At that point I was also finishing off one student loan, 3 tool accounts (Snap On, Matco, Mac), plus the card that I just got paid off that's an account for a performance parts dealer I use. Now only 2 credit cards, but sadly both are near max. But not for long ;)

Also if I chose just one gun. It'd be the Cheytac M200 Intervention that I think it was OneBadV8 posted in the first page.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008

I have about $90K in debt including mortgage, two student loans, and one car almost paid off. Total on the other side (home equity, car value, etc) is about $36K. This doesn't include the money I have saved. Not having kids helps, but my wife and avg. about $80K/year and that is with me getting OT. If my OT goes away, $70K/year. We have no CC debt as we are very frugal with our money. My plan is to pay off my home ASAP. At the rate we are going, should be paid off in two years. If we end up starting a family, that might take a little longer. I am not sure how much you make per year, but a single person with a mid-rent apartment making $40K+/year can easily sock away thousands of dollars per year and never need to use credit to get buy. Don't get stuck with credit card debt, that is the worst, as the fees are so high.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    I wouldn't buy just one or the other....

DSA FAL, and a bunch of spare parts.
    G19, and some spare parts.

A pile of spare mags for both, and as big a pile of ammo for both as I could get, leaning mainly towards stock for the FAL.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Modified Rem 700 in .308, Nice glass to go with it, another 1911, Benelli Nova 12 ga, and a good AR-15 aimpoint, the rest goes in ammo for all. M 16, its pretty basic.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    My debt is student loans. You know, the good debt.

Today i could use a good (well, really really cheap) Double rifle. Or maybe part of a WWII BAR or a semi-auto replica.

jd3772000

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Indy
    Just one of these...

;)

swiss_army_gun20small.jpg

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I would buy an AR10 chamberd in 7.62x39, with nice optics. Since I already stock that ammo. Then I would order 2 cases of ammo. I would also get a .223 bolt action, with nice optics. Then 2-3 casses of .223. Next would be a .357 revolver. Then 2-3 casses of ammo. Some more mags for the guns I own now, and well more ammo.

Apokalypsi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Speedway

Well when you live with your parents while going to college and the only debt you have is the $5,000 you owe them for a car, life's not bad. I have no med bills and they're paying for school. So other than books for college and the car insurance, I have no monthly bills.

Top Bottom