if you could only have one handgun, which one would it be?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    What am I going to do with it? Without that information, I could not choose.

For my purposes (personal defense) I have settled in to the Glock 19, with multiple guns, magazines, spare parts, .22 conversion kit, holsters, etc. So I suppose in real life I have already chosen.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    1911. Not much I need done that can't be done with a 5" 1911. There was a time when, other than a .38 snub nose, it was my only handgun.

I carry a Sig P220 now, though, as my department is scared of SAO pistols. Not sure what makes a DA/SA safer. I never forget to put the thumb safety back on with the 1911 but remembering to de-cock took some training.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Walther PPQ

man.....this is my current favorite on the market......and my EDC.......but....

I have to go with a g19.....mostly due to track record and parts availability.

As far as how I made the decision, well, if I can only have one pistol, it's gotta be a combat gun. I'm more utility anymore than a collector anyway.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I agree it depends. If I could only have one handgun today it would be the Glock 22, it can easily shoot 3 calibers. It is relentlessly reliable and dont forget the cool factor.

If I could only have one handgun in a post apocalyptic world It would be a Ruger Redhawk in .44 mag.

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    S&W .460 Revolver. For just about any of your needs.

SW_CatList_XFrame.jpg

jtmason15

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 23, 2012
    Grant County
    Mine would definitely have to be a glock 19. Very accurate little guns but you can still conceal them to where no one can see them. Plus Glock's name speaks for itself. The most reliable guns on the market. I would never trust my life to anything else.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom