if WalMart vansihed.. would you miss it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WalMart

• Total voters

indyninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    I admit to shopping at walmart every once in a while but if it one day walmart vanished I could easily do with out that store. In some ways I think the place is a dump and hurts communities.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I admit to shopping at walmart every once in a while but if it one day walmart vanished I could easily do with out that store. In some ways I think the place is a dump and hurts communities.
    The only thing I buy there is 9mm ammo. Other than that, I shop at Meijer.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Yes I buy ammo there mostly. why do you shop at Meijer over WM
    I live in Speedway, and the closest WalMart at the time was either Brownsburg or 86th street. They just recently put in a WalMart off of LaFayette road, but I still like Meijer. :dunno:

Even though there is a WalMart close by, I still have to drive to Avon or Brownsburg for pistol ammo. :rolleyesedit:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    The only thing I buy there is 9mm ammo. Other than that, I shop at Meijer.

Same here. And we get the ammo at WM because trying to find someone who's actually WORKING in the sports department at our local Meijer is about as likely as me not referencing pink in any of my posts. :)

The prices at Meijer tend to be about even and sometimes better than WM, the store is laid out better, and the parking lot is easier to navigate. Usually. This month they're doing construction right at the entrance. >.<

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Same here. And we get the ammo at WM because trying to find someone who's actually WORKING in the sports department at our local Meijer is about as likely as me not referencing pink in any of my posts.
    Thank you! When I finally found someone the other day, I asked him if anyone actually worked in Sporting Goods, and he said he did. I told him I had walked all over and couldn't find anyone. I was so pissed off. I hate having to find someone to help me. I absolutely refuse to pick up the phone and call someone to help me.

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    I have to admit it's convenient (5 minute drive) compared to Meijer, but if they were to pull out tomorrow, it wouldn't faze me in the least.

Last edited:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I also hate to admit that I like Walmart. My family camps (RVs) a ton, and it seems I can always find a Walmart wherever were at. I've bought more crap there though...

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Walmart is going downhill FAST! The children are destroying it.
    Daddy Walton is probably spinning in his grave! He worked so hard to build it up, just to have the kids trash it.

Pete-FWA

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Wal-Mart is a store that I do not shop at.

I do not like most of the merchandise and the stores are generally cluttered and dirty. I do not mind spending a bit more to shop at Target or other places.

I do not like a lot of Wal-Mart's policies and their image in general.

hunter480

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Coatesville, In.
    Wal-Mart is a blight.

Their fiscal practices kill other companies, they absolutely KILL their warehouse employees, the practice of building stores, then abandoning them, to only move 3 blocks down to build a "super store", to get yet more tax advantages, only leaves empty buildings that no one else will ever use.

The company is evil, and people don`t get it at all. To save a couple dollars, they patronize this place, not understanding, or caring, that they`re contributing to the demise of so many other businesses and local problems.

Top Bottom