If the republican primary were today, who would you vote for?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • If the republican primary were today, who gets your vote?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I suspect you don't understand what an actual sudden and total shut down of the federal apparatus would do to the country. It would be utterly ruinous and pretty quickly too.

and.... what happens if we don't put the brakes on now

Anything that cannot go on forever, will eventually stop.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I suspect you don't understand what an actual sudden and total shut down of the federal apparatus would do to the country. It would be utterly ruinous and pretty quickly too.

No. No, I think he does understand exactly what it would do.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Quote from the "shoulda been"...

“You’d be amazed how much government you never miss.”… Mitch Daniels

Lil Bob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Crown Point, Indiian
    Trump is not the answer to all of our evils. He has stood up for gun control previously although he states now no changes are needed. So where does he really stand? He was a democrat for many years, voted for and donated to their causes. Why did he join the republican race? Trump makes himself out to be this great business man who gained his money from his family, and has had to file for bankruptcy at least twice. He appears to me to be no different than any other candidate that changes their stances as the wind blows. How would he be able to accomplish anything when both parties will not work with him, and in the end the President accomplishes pretty much nothing without Congress. Obama's second term is pretty indicative of this.

I am not a Trump hater, rather I liked him in the Apprentice, and as president that is what he will be.

I look to vote for S. Walker, J. Bush, or maybe Rubio. Although in reality I am really neither a republican or democrat. I am somewhere in between the two, and I choose to align myself to republicans because I am not a liberal.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I am seeing yard signs which say "Trump will make it great again" ...with a flag printed on the sign. I hope those folks are truly smarter than to believe that!

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Ok, so time for an update on who sits where in an average of six (6) polls.

D Trump - 23.3%
    B Carson - 16.3%
    C Fiorina - 11.8%
    M Rubio - 9.5%
    J Bush - 9.0%
    T Cruz - 6.2%
    J Kasich - 3.3%
    M Huckabee - 3.0%
    C Christie - 3.0%
    R Paul - 2.3%

These polls are an average between 9/17 and 9/28. In the NBC/WSJ poll Trump and Carson are basically tied at 21% and 20% respectively, with Fiorina and Rubio tied at 11%.

What is interesting is on the democratic ticket Clinton has dropped from a massive high of 67.6% to a current rating of 40.8%. Sanders is up from a low of 2.5% to a current 27.6%. What is stunning is that Biden hasn't even announced yet (that I am aware of) and he is STILL polling 20.0% currently.

In the beginning I thought Clinton was a sure thing but with Biden polling this high without even running it leads me to believe her nomination is far from secured.

Back on topic with the GOP I am wondering whether Trump is a flash in the pan or here to stay. He has dropped considerably from a high of 30.5% to 23.3% currently, yet he is still the overall front runner. Initially I didn't think he stood a chance, then he proved me wrong with a strong early push. He is still at 26% in the Fox news poll so I guess I was wrong with the republicans. Perhaps he will be President Trump...:dunno:

Doug

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I would modify my vote (for this week anyway) .

I don't share Carson's religious views. However, based on the news feeds I have found, he is the only candidate who has said he would not wish to prosecute Snowden. IMO, Snowden is a friend of the people and most of these politicians and bureaucrats are the enemy.

Carson is also making his views clear on gun control. Gun rights aren't the only issue that is important to me, but it is "the" political issue that is influenced by voting. As far as government spending, regulations, etc both parties end up walking the same walk (bigger government).

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    I would modify my vote (for this week anyway) .

I don't share Carson's religious views. However, based on the news feeds I have found, he is the only candidate who has said he would not wish to prosecute Snowden. IMO, Snowden is a friend of the people and most of these politicians and bureaucrats are the enemy.

Carson is also making his views clear on gun control. Gun rights aren't the only issue that is important to me, but it is "the" political issue that is influenced by voting. As far as government spending, regulations, etc both parties end up walking the same walk (bigger government).

I think Rand said he wouldn't either but I'm not sure.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I think Rand said he wouldn't either but I'm not sure.

I would have expected that, but he did his wishy-washy Republican thing and said he would have to be prosecuted. He made a joke about putting him in a cell with Clapper (valid point to be made there about Clapper).

The reality is that the president probably doesn't get the decision on prosecution in normal circumstances anyway, but presumably could lead the way to amnesty or, if nothing else, pardon him.

I'm not even so much concerned about whether Snowden comes back as I am with finding someone who agrees that the NSA behavior is what is criminal and that people recognize who the real enemy is (ie the corrupt, power-abusing bureaucrats and politicians).

But having said all that, I really have no optimism that the next president will be an honest person who doesn't abuse power.

Top Bottom