:wrongdoor:

yoda_ibtl.jpg

Lanser

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Evansville
    You need to switch SIG and HK. Both are relatively expensive, top of the line guns, but HK, like BMW, tries to look modern and high-tech :cool: (polymer HKs well before polymer SIGs, e.g.), whereas SIG is more like Mercedes in that it has a classic design that needs little change or refinement over the years. :@ya:

:twocents:

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I've had some time to think about this and I'm going to try, without offending anyone, to explain why I reacted to the original post. I probably will not succeed, but I'll try.

trnsplantfrmohio's reaction was to just tell me it was supposed to be funny and I'll get over it. See, I don't think people think anyone here should be offended by what was meant as a harmless joke. However, I am. But it's hard to explain why.

I'm not African American, so people think a "joke" like that shouldn't bother me. Actually, I'm an tad overweight, middle aged white guy from Central Indiana.

trnsplntfrmohio also asked "For those of you mad about the Springfield comment how many of you have Called pontiacs exactly that." Well, I have heard it before and may have even repeated, when I was in my teens, some 30 years ago. Even so, that's no excuse for continuing it in today's world.

Than ihateiraq states "im sure african americans everywhere are happy to know that you got offended on their behalf though. /slow clap."

I'm not offended "on behalf" of African Americans. I'm just offended.

He also states "lifes too short to be mad about some guy on the internet." This is somewhat true, but not entirely.

I'll try to explain. I don't want to offend anyone personally, so I sincerely hope that I'm not going to. But here goes....

The particular word *'d out is plain offensive and everyone knows it. It is rooted in hatred only and, even when trying to be funny, it's still offensive. Yes, I realize that there are African American comedians that use the word. They're wrong too and it doesn't give a green light to the rest of us.

When anyone uses a word like this, regardless of intent, it makes them sound like an undeducated, ignorant, bigot. They may not be. Hell, they may very well hold advanced degrees and are CEO of a multi-national corporation. But it makes them sound bad.

As to worrying about someone on the internet, I really don't. However, it's also not right to state that they are just an anonymous presence here. All of us are on INGO and INGO is represented, as group, by all of our words. I, like many of you here, lurked for quite some time before I ever posted anything. There are probably many others that lurk as well and I want them all to feel welcome here. Words like that tend to be off-putting to many people and should just plain be avoided. They also tend to lable us all as "gun nuts", or "conservatives", or "those tea-partiers on the gun nut site" and, on occasion, refer to us as "racists". I've seen it many times. They will point to something like this as evidence of their misguided belief.

What I'm most disappointed in here is that the mods of the this board have let the original post stand for more than a week. On the first day, something as potentially offensive as that post, should have simply been deleted or at least edited. However, after coming back from vacation, I find it still on page one with multiple replies. It should have been moved entirely (and no, I don't believe that it would be censorship in this case). Or the OP could have also edited it once he learned someone was offended. Regardless of if you thought I should be or not, I was and it could have been corrected rather quickly. Instead, I was told to "get over it".

I realize that this is probably not the overriding opinion of the board, as evidenced by the status of the thread to date. I just wanted to explain that it's not only African Americans that are offended by this type of "humor" and that we are not simpy anonymous people on the internet. We are INGO. I really do hope that I haven't offended anyone.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip

On the first day, something as potentially offensive as that post, should have simply been deleted or at least edited. snip

I find posts by leftists far more offensive, and their thoughts potentially actually dangerous to our freedom.

But those danged mods keep letting them post their thoughts, too, without even a care as to whether or not I'm offended.

For the record, I didn't care for the reference in the OP either, which is why I didn't comment on the "Taurus = Hyundai" part. But I will now, because you've offended me by trying to stir this crap up again. You've clearly reported the post, clearly it was decided to let it stand though I wager some were holding their noses when they did so. Your continued efforts to start fights are therefore offensive, and I think your posted should be moved or deleted. Maybe if it's still here a week from now, when the thread is all but dead, I'll resurrect it to complain about your post.

Now, as for the Taurus = Hyundai part, I think it's a good analogy. Both are machines that are more reasonably priced than their contemporaries, both provide better service than their higher priced contemporaries, both still have occasional quality issues but back up their products with warranties that are unrivaled, yet aren't needed the vast majority of the time. Both are better machines than you are paying for, IMHO.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I honestly was not trying to stir anything. Just explain.

I also never reported the post to anyone. My posts here are all I've done and I apologize for offending you. Not my intention, I assure you.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I honestly was not trying to stir anything. Just explain.

I also never reported the post to anyone. My posts here are all I've done and I apologize for offending you. Not my intention, I assure you.

Well, if you haven't reported the post, why are you complaining about it still being here?? It isn't fair to rag on the mods if you haven't given them a reason to act.

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    Well, I am African American, and really don't care to discuss racist poo that comes out of peoples thoughts... The post was interesting and I agreed with most, laughed at some and the one about the Pontiac, I thought what the heck is that supposed to mean...Surely thats not what he was saying and if so WHY! Oh, Stupid is as Stupid does!!!

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If kel tecs are like Subarus, my pf9 feels like a Justy with a small block chevy. And the doors rattle.
    Cz's, eh. They're designed well enough and have their fans (me being one).
    Maybe they're like a bmw motorcycle. A refined taste in duosport type things.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    if it were anything else, he wouldn't have *'d the rest of the word. don't be naive. Everyone who has ever heard racist jokes knows exactly what he meant.

I had never heard that expression for Pontiac before, but i still thought it was funny. I don't get why peeps are blowing up about it.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Wow, all the stuff on here that not only crosses the line, but toasts it with a flame thrower and THIS is the thread that's called out?! I was more offended that RIA was not listed than the N* comment. I watched a YouTube link the other day with Will Smith and Martin Lawrence saying the word more than 15 times. I don't think anyone should use the word, but to each his own. I answer to who/what I am.

Now, get RIA on this thread or some negative rep is coming your way! :laugh: How about RIA = Jeep: you get more than what you pay for.

Top Bottom