Idea for table at indy 1500. What do you think?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mathews28

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    I usually go to the indy 1500 looking to buy a particular firearm. I have found the best deal buying or selling is usually from another individual. The problem is the gun your looking for either comes through the door the day your not there or worse its there the same day and you never see it. I was thinking of renting a table where the individual could list his gun when he comes in or list what he is looking for. when somebody inquires about a specific firearm they would be given your cell phone number so you can hook up at the show or later. You would be asked to please let us know when it is sold so we can remove it from the list. A charge would be required to cover cost. what do you think is a fair price per gun listed and what do you think of the concept.

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Charge a box of ammo of whatever caliber gun was sold. That way it's not a complete "cost" to the seller of the gun, but a gun-friendly thank you.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    I think its a pretty good idea man. Kinda like Ingo classifieds on a table top. Go for it.It's not like it will ruin your life if it doesn't turn out great. Might as well:dunno::ingo:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Sounds like a good idea, but I am not sure if it is allowed. I agree though, that does seem to be how it always works. That is a pretty good idea if they allow it.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I think it is a great idea...check around to see what local shops are charging for consignment and use that as a baseline...I would use this service to list at least one of my handguns...You could bring along a printer and camera to take pics of the guns that are up for sale so the potential customers could have a visual of what is available, as many don't know what many of the guns look like just by name.

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I do not know the requirements for a table at the 1500, but you may want to watch out charging people. That could be construed as being a "business" by the state and federal government. If there was some "consideration" given (i.e. donation of ammo, etc.) that would be harder to trace than actual cash. You probably would want to file a Schedule C with your taxes for 2010. Your net income would be taxed at your current tax rate. However, if you lost money on this deal, you could write that off on your taxes. Just an FYI.

Other than that, sounds like a pretty good idea.

sp3worker

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I usually go to the indy 1500 looking to buy a particular firearm. I have found the best deal buying or selling is usually from another individual. The problem is the gun your looking for either comes through the door the day your not there or worse its there the same day and you never see it. I was thinking of renting a table where the individual could list his gun when he comes in or list what he is looking for. when somebody inquires about a specific firearm they would be given your cell phone number so you can hook up at the show or later. You would be asked to please let us know when it is sold so we can remove it from the list. A charge would be required to cover cost. what do you think is a fair price per gun listed and what do you think of the concept.

I like the idea. Indy gets a lot of traffic, and it's tough to see everything. I'd say $5 per gun would be fair.

You could bring along a printer and camera to take pics of the guns that are up for sale so the potential customers could have a visual of what is available, as many don't know what many of the guns look like just by name.

Great idea on the camera, but I'm not sure how that would go over with the "No Cameras" sign that is hanging out front. Maybe if you were sneeky about it.

Oh yea.....nice avitar.:laugh:

Top Bottom