• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Just got an update concerning the new show your ID for alcohol purchase from the owner of several liquor stores here in Evansville. He told me that his sales are down since the law took effect, but not from irritated folks like me. He says that most of the Mexicans (I;m guess illegal ones) have quit coming to his stores because they have no valid ID.

popeye

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Deepest, darkest, Indiana
    That was my first thought when I heard of the new law. Drivers licenses issuance's require much more I.D. also. Indiana may be using clever roundabout ways to discourage illegals from living here. They need to do something about sending money to Mexico.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    I have heard the same. Clerks told me they are sending in the women claiming that the women have some kind of valid ID for gubment freebies. I dont know for sure.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    People also forget the unintended consequences of having a "Secure ID." There are over 4,000 different types of birth certificates in this country. Drivers licenses now require one.

What that means is that your new ID, which is based on some unverifiable and often insecure form of ID (your birth certificate) is now thought to be even more secure, even more readily accepted, despite the fact that it is issued based upon a bunch of documents that are a piece of cake to forge.

Last edited:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Just got an update concerning the new show your ID for alcohol purchase from the owner of several liquor stores here in Evansville. He told me that his sales are down since the law took effect, but not from irritated folks like me. He says that most of the Mexicans (I;m guess illegal ones) have quit coming to his stores because they have no valid ID.

Sweet! I had never considered that when I heard about the new rules. Smart idea even though showing ID ticks off the citizens.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Sweet! I had never considered that when I heard about the new rules. Smart idea even though showing ID ticks off the citizens.

Yeah, government power is a great idea, even if it pisses off your citizens. That sounds like a great law.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I remember when I first got my license I needed a birth certificate and a photo id.......the photo ID I used was my yearbook.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Yeah, government power is a great idea, even if it pisses off your citizens. That sounds like a great law.

I see nothing wrong with having to show ID when you purchase alcohol or tobacco, Legally you always had to show it if asked regardless of age so whats so different now. Before you could be 90 Years old and if excise asked to see your ID at a bar and you don't have it, you and the bar are getting a ticket.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I see nothing wrong with having to show ID when you purchase alcohol or tobacco, Legally you always had to show it if asked regardless of age so whats so different now. Before you could be 90 Years old and if excise asked to see your ID at a bar and you don't have it, you and the bar are getting a ticket.

I do see something wrong with it and a BIG Difference is that the Bartender isn't required by law to see your ID, only if he feels the need to question your age. And Excise can issue all the UTT's that they wish but they will be thrown out of court once you produce ID showing that your age is over 21. Papers Please !!! Doesn't Fly with Me :patriot:

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I do see something wrong with it and a BIG Difference is that the Bartender isn't required by law to see your ID, only if he feels the need to question your age. And Excise can issue all the UTT's that they wish but they will be thrown out of court once you produce ID showing that your age is over 21. Papers Please !!! Doesn't Fly with Me :patriot:

before if the person look under 35 the bartender, server, clerk was required to ask for ID, Therein lies the problem, what is the standard process for determining someones age by looks. This new law takes the ambiguity out of it. There is no violation of rights or any other stuff to complain about, not wanting to show id is just laziness

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    before if the person look under 35 the bartender, server, clerk was required to ask for ID, Therein lies the problem, what is the standard process for determining someones age by looks. This new law takes the ambiguity out of it. There is no violation of rights or any other stuff to complain about, not wanting to show id is just laziness

This Law was passed in Error and was linked to a Sunday Sales Law for Micro Breweries which DID NOT PASS. The author of the Bill has pledged to remove it next session because it was Passed in Error and Not Written in Final Draft as He had intended. The Law was to read that ID would be Required if the Buyer appeared Younger than 35 for Micro Brewery Carry Out Sales ONLY. The same as Tobacco, Spray Paint, or by the drink sales.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

A couple weeks ago I saw a 70+ year old man get turned down for a can of Skoal...If I worked somewhere that I could get fined if I sold alcohol/tobacco to someone underage, I'd card EVERYONE I wasn't COMPLETELY sure of, but turning down an old, bald man with gray hair seems a bit excessive to me.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    A couple weeks ago I saw a 70+ year old man get turned down for a can of Skoal...If I worked somewhere that I could get fined if I sold alcohol/tobacco to someone underage, I'd card EVERYONE I wasn't COMPLETELY sure of, but turning down an old, bald man with gray hair seems a bit excessive to me.

Please, DO NOT INJECT Common Sense about Gubermint Requirements ;) to Present Proper Legal ID BUT Do Not Expect ICE or Homeland Security to Apply the Same Logic to our Illegal Invaders :popcorn:

Mokkie

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2010
    I'm gonna Bump this thread. The other day i was in a hurry had a appointment to get to. I dump my trash at the liquor store. they charge $2 dollars a bag. so I throw my bag of trash in dumpster. Run in to pay the guy $2 and run back out to get on the road. The guy stopped me to look at my I.D. you know I buy beer and ice every now and again And show my I.D. when I buy it. But come on a bag of trash? He told me that a liquor store in another town got hit by excise for selling a bag of ice without asking for I.D. If that is in fact true our boys and girls at the state house are wasting taxpayer dollars. and something needs to be done about it. If you are a excise officer and sending someone in to a liquor store to trap some one to get a few more dollars in the states till then shame on you. You know I would be ashamed of my self if I had to stoop that low to get brownie points. The state wants to make criminals out of everyone.

popeye

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Deepest, darkest, Indiana
    I'm thinking anybody that walks in the door might be subject to "carding". I wonder if they card people that only go in to buy lottery tickets. Fines are pretty high I here. I go in the local liquor store often enough I don't get I.D.ed. I wonder if "he's a regular" would satisfy excise if they saw me buy without being I.D.ed.? Fines on everything around here are up. At least Indiana is not as bad off as Illinois (AFAIK). They're laying of police over there. Calumet City laid off 12 cops and from what I've just read the crimes per capita has overtaken Gary.

Top Bottom