• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I work at a liquor store. Our policy is to card everyone that enters, regardless. Just show your ID and move on. I see NO reason why it is such a big "inconvienience" and "hassle" to everyone that complains about it. Do you not always have your ID with you when you operate a vehicle? You wouuldn't believe the crap I've had to put up with, like it was me that made the law ????? And yes, Excise is looking for ANY source of revenue, such as sending in middle aged people and having them buy ice, cigarettes, chips, in hopes that we wont card them. The punishment you ask? I pay a $500 fine and get fired from my job. Sorry whiners you're not worth it.

/agree

same thing where I work, getting fired is not worth not carding someone i have known for years. My manager has told us all that he does't care if we have known people since we were knee high, we are still to card everyone. I would gladly rather someone go to the liquor store and pay 5 dollars more a case than buy from me if they are gonna complain. Really what kind of lazy people complain about having to reach for there wallet. At least when i card someone who is possibly illegal they either don't complain or run out of the store.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    /agree

same thing where I work, getting fired is not worth not carding someone i have known for years. My manager has told us all that he does't care if we have known people since we were knee high, we are still to card everyone. I would gladly rather someone go to the liquor store and pay 5 dollars more a case than buy from me if they are gonna complain. Really what kind of lazy people complain about having to reach for there wallet. At least when i card someone who is possibly illegal they either don't complain or run out of the store.
    I have not complained to anyone, though I feel I must respond to you on this with my opinion.

It's not showing ID to just you. It's having to show ID nearly everywhere I go. A liquor store is just one on the list of places that torque me off.

A little background:

I don't leave my house much - maybe once a week. I'm a disabled veteran. At times I am unable to get out of bed for a few days at a time.

I don't want/like hassles, and I consider showing ID a hassle on the days that I can't get my fingers and hands to work well enough to dig my ID out of my wallet. My "typical" days out I have to show ID to:

- My primary care doctor's office every time
    - My Neurologist's office every time
    - My pain management doctor's office every time
    - My Internal Medicine doctor's office every time
    - The ED at the hospital every time
    - The VA every time
    - CVS (filling Rx) every time
    - My bank every time
    - At the corner BP (convenience store - ironic, huh?) if using debit card
    - My child's school (last year) if entering the school every time
    - Mediacom (If I pay my bill in person)
    - My local firearms store (If purchasing)
    - If I order a pizza to my home and use a check or debit card
    - Buying smokes (depending on the store)
    - On and on, ad nauseum

In all seriousness, most everywhere I go on my days out, I have to show ID to most places I go. Some of these places have medically treated me, filled Rx's for me, or sold me goods and supplies for 20 years or more but "rules are rules", or so I'm told. I simply am tired of being told, "I need to see some ID," most wherever I go.

I recently went to my local County library to get a library card for my son and I since he is being homeschooled this year, and I want to use the library as an additional resource. Not one picture ID, not two IDs - two picture IDs and a copy of the registration** for my vehicle, proving address. Three IDs! Just to get a library card!

**I didn't have to provide my registration. I could have told the staff that I didn't have a vehicle. They would take the copies of my IDs, mailed my application to my home, and then I would have to fill it out and send it back as "proof" that I receive mail at that address. WTF!

Just so we are clear, I don't blame the person asking for ID. The blame lays with the person(s) making the decision to ask for ID. I'm just tired of it. Why don't we just get it over with, tattoo my relevant info on my chest or arm and be done with it.

Top Bottom