• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    I have to admit, I did not read the entire thread. But this is clearly a made up story, and a sad attempt to boost the OP post count. There is no way anyone would cook eggs for breakfast without bacon:bacondance: This is America! No egg shall be eaten without a pork side. That is all, please return to your bacon filled lives.
    LOL. Love it, love it.:):

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Great outcome. Just one of several reason why I carry when I'm home. Always a gun in the bathroom with me. One next to me when I in bed. Can never be too careful.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Great to know you and your were alright. It is a rough neighborhood, but of all the areas I have worked in Indy, I have met the most friendly people there. Other areas seem to have an abundance of attitude, but lots of honest, hard working people who call that area home. Too bad they have to share it with people like the OPs visitors .

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I'm glad you came out safe and the worthless got caught.

I have a question for the OP.

You mentioned that you were wearing your uniform and duty belt. Are you a police officer?

I ask this because you said that you called the police and waited in your house while they dealt with the situation.

To be clear, I am not criticizing your course of action. You ended safe and with the bad guys caught. There is no arguing with success. Rather, I am seeking insight as to how a professional handles a situation like this.

HangmanAV

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Anderson, IN
    Hello! Stay safe buddy.

I should also mention that this took place at 12:25PM (LUNCH TIME). Think about it. Most people would have been at work. Most people would have not been home until 4PM or later. Most cases like this don't get a 911 call until hours after the incident. The perps would have been long gone.

I have been in the home security/alarm industry for 7 years now and I can tell you that the majority of home invasions happen in the middle of the day when most people are at work. Unfortunately, I see most of my customers after the break-in. Once had a customer that had her dog taken during a home invasion, heartless bastards. Alarms are great at calling someone when no one is around but I would highly recommend a camera system to anyone who can afford it. The video never lies.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I'm glad you came out safe and the worthless got caught.

I have a question for the OP.

You mentioned that you were wearing your uniform and duty belt. Are you a police officer?

I ask this because you said that you called the police and waited in your house while they dealt with the situation.

To be clear, I am not criticizing your course of action. You ended safe and with the bad guys caught. There is no arguing with success. Rather, I am seeking insight as to how a professional handles a situation like this.

No offense taken. I work for a security firm as a supervisor/alarm runner. My uniform is basic standard issue midnight blue shirt/pant with silver buttons, badge, and a name plate. Unless you read security on the badge or the shoulder patch you wouldn't know the difference. I don't think these guys were too concerned with who I worked for though. They seemed to be attentive to the fact that my Glock 21 was about to be unleashed. :):

Alarms are great at calling someone when no one is around but I would highly recommend a camera system to anyone who can afford it. The video never lies.
    That is the truth.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Through the door I said "Can I help you?" (which thinking about it was really really dumb). The nearest man said "Uhhh is David here?" I said "There is no David that lives here."

Argh! You got it wrong! It should be... *drum roll*

"Dave's not here, man." - Chong

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Wow! Glad you are ok and everything turned out as good as it did. Big +1 to the officers, glad they caught the punks!

And you even got to eat your eggs! :rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

Only question is ummm where is the bacon???? :dunno:
    ;)

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Wow! I'm so glad I live where I do and don't have to worry about such things. I don't think anyone here in cowtown even knows what a hoodie is! :)

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    Well the only one that talked to me (the mid 30s guy about to kick down my door) had a 1/4" pepper beard and short scraggly hair. He came off as the type that never could work well with others so logically he picked up thieving as a career :( If I had woke up 10 minutes later I would have been in the shower when they were at the back door. That's something else to think about. Does anyone else stash a gun in the bathroom now? I certainly do.

Perfect use for a Glock ehh?!

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcAlSW_3F9A&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]

So, Did you throw-up on yourself to look less attractive? :puke:

Oh Ya - That's Illinois.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    Hello! Stay safe buddy.

I should also mention that this took place at 12:25PM (LUNCH TIME). Think about it. Most people would have been at work. Most people would have not been home until 4PM or later. Most cases like this don't get a 911 call until hours after the incident. The perps would have been long gone.

Thanks! I worry about it a lot, need to get a basic alarm at least. I live on a non-through street in the neighborhood. Luckily I have a few retired neighbors that keep a pretty close eye on the place while I'm gone. I also work close so I try to come home for lunch most days.

Top Bottom