• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I live near the east side, too. It's a shame but thanks for sharing and reminding us all OP.

I used to check the crime maps online but they're all pretty much worthless now. No real updates, no descriptions of what calls were made to the locations that do show up.

If anyone has a good crime map resource, please let me know.

I used to check indystar's and the government map - but like I said, completely useless now.

FatsMcKay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    Congrats on staying safe and not having to use your gun. Sucks for your neighbor. The east side is an interesting place

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Was this at 1 or so? That's about when you posted. Just curious. Glad you disn't have to shoot and you helped your neighbor by quick actions

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Emerson and 10th is the closest major intersection. I've lived here for two years and this is the first major problem I've had.

Yup. That whole area bound by New York and 21st, Keystone to Emerson could stand a good scouring.

If I were a betting woman, I'd lay money that this will not be the last. I've own my nearby-to-you rental for almost ten years. There's been nothing but an increase in **** over there. **** crimes, **** people, **** attitudes. Total disrespect for others in general over there. I hate it.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    as what has already been said, glad everything turned out good, you're safe and they're locked up (for a few hours anyway)
    +1 to you and +1 impd

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    ...two scruffy looking dudes wearing hoodies tried to break in through my back door this morning. I had just put two eggs on the skillet and headed into the secondary room in my house to get ready for work then I heard a light knock on the back door in the kitchen. I approached cautiously thinking about who it could be. I was about to go into view of the door when I heard the handle jiggle so I hid behind the refrigerator next to the door. After a silent pause there was a loud thud as if someone just tried to break the glass or kick in the door. I swung around the corner and braced against the base of the door with my forward foot. I was in uniform and had my gun belt on and my hand was on it the second I heard the handle jiggle. Both of the shady looking guys were like deer caught in the headlights. Through the door I said "Can I help you?" (which thinking about it was really really dumb). The nearest man said "Uhhh is David here?" I said "There is no David that lives here." before I could act or say anything else they ran off my enclosed back porch and darted out of my back yard. I called the police the first chance I got. Within 30 seconds they had set up a perimeter and caught all three guys (yes 3). It turns out that while I was in the shower they had kicked in my neighbor's back door and ransacked their side of the house (I live in a double) and locked their dog in the basement. The detectives on scene said that, until further investigation, they are being charged with burglary and attempted burglary. +3 to IMPD East District for outstanding response and capture. Plus, I got to eat my eggs :rockwoot:

Lock your doors. Secure your guns. Keep an eye open. Watch out for your neighbors.

Define "scruffy." Man, your avatar pic kills me. If that's a bench mark these guys must have looked they were dragged behind a train. :D

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN USA
    I have to admit, I did not read the entire thread. But this is clearly a made up story, and a sad attempt to boost the OP post count. There is no way anyone would cook eggs for breakfast without bacon:bacondance: This is America! No egg shall be eaten without a pork side. That is all, please return to your bacon filled lives.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    I have to admit, I did not read the entire thread. But this is clearly a made up story, and a sad attempt to boost the OP post count. There is no way anyone would cook eggs for breakfast without bacon:bacondance: This is America! No egg shall be eaten without a pork side. That is all, please return to your bacon filled lives.

Maybe he didn't want to brag about bacon. It would only encourage future home invasions.

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    What a way to start your day. You got them!

Glad those 3 perps were stopped in their tracks. The next door neighbor should be thanking you profusely for calling 911, and the outcome...

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Define "scruffy." Man, your avatar pic kills me. If that's a bench mark these guys must have looked they were dragged behind a train. :D

Well the only one that talked to me (the mid 30s guy about to kick down my door) had a 1/4" pepper beard and short scraggly hair. He came off as the type that never could work well with others so logically he picked up thieving as a career :( If I had woke up 10 minutes later I would have been in the shower when they were at the back door. That's something else to think about. Does anyone else stash a gun in the bathroom now? I certainly do.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Hello neighbor. That's my closest major intersection too.
    Hello! Stay safe buddy.

I should also mention that this took place at 12:25PM (LUNCH TIME). Think about it. Most people would have been at work. Most people would have not been home until 4PM or later. Most cases like this don't get a 911 call until hours after the incident. The perps would have been long gone.

Top Bottom