• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Did it right, or wrong? (This should be interesting)

• Total voters

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Better question: Also, why didn't you physically get in your car, and call the cops then? You said you were about to. Drawing was always taught to me as the last possible route before death, and I would have handed him everything except the gun that is my lifeline, while attempting to gather as many details as possible. He leaves with his swag, I leave with my life. Go back in the gas station call 911 with the description of my car, name, license, car contents, etc. I think we needed the expanded version.

Seriously though, Glad you are ok. Just trying to gain insight.
    Huh? Get in your car? You don't have any room to maneuver in there. If he comes up from behind and to the right and has a weapon you're screwed. You stay where you can defend yourself! Give him your stuff? Is this a joke? You gonna say, "Here is my bill fold and watch but you can't have my gun so you hafta leave now?"

Dude. You have no duty to retreat, especially if it means turning your back to the threat or giving up a good tactical location.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...to call it a High Stress Training to me is not a good or fair description. In Force on Force you always know you are about to be assaulted in some fashion in one way or another. Takes a lot of the stress out of it to my thinking anyway...

Where did you do your FOF training?

My experience with force on force training is totally different from what you describe. Very astute instructors laid out fluid scenarios of many sorts, a lot of which had no assault. Often the assault that might have happened can be averted by actions that you can take.

The stress comes from your own summation of the situation at hand, knowing it might be nothing at all. Too quick to the trigger, too much desire to be the "hero" and innocent people are hurt or killed as the result of your poor decisions.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Where did you do your FOF training?
    LOL....
    Does it really matter with whom I have trained.

My experience with force on force training is totally different from what you describe. Very astute instructors laid out fluid scenarios of many sorts, a lot of which had no assault. Often the assault that might have happened can be averted by actions that you can take.

The stress comes from your own summation of the situation at hand, knowing it might be nothing at all. Too quick to the trigger, too much desire to be the "hero" and innocent people are hurt or killed as the result of your poor decisions.
    Exactly thank you for making my point. FoF is low stress training at best...

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    LOL....
    Does it really matter with whom I have trained.

sure it does in this case, MIL scenario training is much different than civilian scenario training.

Don't think you are going to see bank, supermarket parking lot, gas station or McD's drive up at MOUT ;)

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    This should NEVER have been posted! This is extremely offensive, why in the hell would you post that? That is just completely wrong.

Yes, you can watch it happen in real life in all its horrifying tragedy in the video below:

LiveLeak.com - GRAPHIC - Deputy Kyle Dinkheller

Keep in mind the murderer in the video is NOT a "professional bad guy", he is a mentally disturbed individual who gives the officer tons of chances to live.

Imagine how much shorter that video would be if he had been a competent professional who wanted to kill that officer.

Joe

MangoTango

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    And how exactly will FoF Training help to know what you will do in a High Stress Situation?!

Take the Mindset lab course and you will know what I mean. It simulates stress and does a great job doing it.

Even if it isn't maximum stress your adrenaline, serotonin and dopamine start kicking in and you are able to discover what your body does when it goes Into autopilot. The chemical's in your brain are off or on they don't have a training mode. In addition it helps you identify areas you need to work on. If getting your finger on the trigger isn't fast enough maybe a good place to practice. You can train through stress.

Last edited:

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    If that video seems "OK" to you, then you need some mental help. Im not trying to be rude but that video being posted here was extremely uncalled for. This stuff does not to be seen, period. And how does it "make my point"? I said nothing about anything to do with a cop being murdered, you are not making sense and are being quite ignorant.

how do you figure? It completely makes YOUR POINT!! :rolleyes:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Fargo seems to think that the slain officer in the vid was so afraid of legal action that he failed to defend himself, resulting in his own death. :rolleyes:

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    and so the day came when one was not able to convince the other to change their position or see it the way they wanted it to be seen. Therefore they had to stubbornly head in opposite directions. Deciding that they will just have to be content with living their own lives, making their own decisions and living with the consequences of those decisions themselves.

THE END...:D

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm not going to read this whole thread to see what has been said, but just scanning it I've not seen anyone post anything that breaks the rules in any way; however, I may be wrong. If you don't like this thread, just stop reading and posting in it!

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    Watch the video on page 48 and you will understand what is offensive, and im pretty sure offensive material is prohibited.

I'm not going to read this whole thread to see what has been said, but just scanning it I've not seen anyone post anything that breaks the rules in any way; however, I may be wrong. If you don't like this thread, just stop reading and posting in it!

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Trainwreck.jpg

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Watch the video on page 48 and you will understand what is offensive, and im pretty sure offensive material is prohibited.

I watched the video. I've seen that video posted on INGO more than once. I fail to understand why it is offensive at this point. If you care to PM me, that would probably be more appropriate, as I don't want to jack this thread with our discussion.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    it's a hard lesson to learn, but the officer was unwilling to kill the guy, even when he was standing in the door of the truck loading the rifle while yelling "put the gun down".

Pepper spray might have at least mobilized the guy enough the first time he started jumping around and came at the cop but once I saw the rifle...

Top Bottom