• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indyal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Hi Lovemachine 46147, my opinion is that you need to think what you want the 1911 to do for you, then decide what to get: range, self defense, action shooting. Any of the brand names will be ok I suspect, I have owned pistols from 2 different manufacturers and really had no issues that a change of springs did not resolve. I suggest you read more on 1911s, if you have not done so, at 1911Forum - Powered by vBulletin and the M1911 forums and 10-8 forums.

After trying on several for size and shooting, I settled on a CCO model which is 4.25 in with officer's frame and went with an alloy frame for ease of carry.
    But if and when I get into action shooting, I would probably use a full size steel.

Another consideration is caliber size, you may change your mind when you compare .45 to 9 mm cost. It seems the capability to make a bigger hole costs more.:)

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Thanks for the help guys. I've been reading up on them on the 1911 website. Lots of info there! I'll let you all know what I end up doing/getting! Thanks again! :)

Top Bottom