• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Hey Ron! Welcome to INGO! If you don't mind, I think i will chime in here too.

Hey sorry about not getting back to you guys earlier, I had to run some errands immediately after and I was not expecting such a deluge of responses. I'll try to elaborate further on my earlier ten points.

1. I don't think all Muslims are terrorists. I think extremists on either side are likely to be terrorists.

Perhaps I misspoke. What I'm trying to say is, there are religious and non-religious groups of all kinds. There have been a lot of people doing bad things in the name of God or justice. Despite that, I still think that we should give the majority of people the benefit of the doubt, even if they belong to a polarizing group.

This is true, however.....unfortunately we haven't arrested any red haired pasty faced white boys that were Muslim terrorists. Is it profiling to single them out? Yes. Is it a sad fact that 99.9% of Muslim Extremists fit a certain profile? Yes.

2. I'm pro-choice.

This will come off as evil, but I really think the world has enough babies. Social services in this country, are understaffed and underfunded. I've heard way too many stories of people working for child protection services not caring about a foster child in a bad home, simply because there just aren't enough resources or that the staff member in charge is just overwhelmed with cases. If someone doesn't want to have a baby, abort it, because there is a good chance that child will be born into an unwelcome home and become a financial liability for the rest of us for some time.

I agree to a point. We ARE producing too many children that aren't wanted. However, if all the money that has been put into abortion would have been put into contraception awareness, we probably could have stopped a fair share of those pregnancies BEFORE the baby had to be aborted.

Your theory that most unwanted aborted babies would stay unwelcome is false. With all the unfulfilled adoption requests every year, it would seem they are wanted by someone.

3. I don't think the sky is falling and don't believe that hyperinflation will occur in the near future.

Yea the economy sucks right now. But I do believe it will get better. No I didn't buy any gold. Maybe I should have. Maybe I should have bought stock when the Dow was at 6,000. I don't really believe any economist can predict what will happen in the future and the ones that claim they can should be regarded with some skepticism. That being said, preparing for the worst is a good thing, its part of the reason why I have a gun! I just think that a lot of the tin-foil wearing crowd just aren't really enjoying life and spend way too much time worrying. Enjoy life, buy a dog! Even if the **** does hit the fan, at least you're prepared!

Could the Economy be worse? Sure. I do think of the problem is people are more used to luxuries than we used to be. Look how little our grandparents had and were happy. However, I do think it will get worse due to the way our current guvmint is handling things.

4. I think climate change is happening and that humans share some of the responsibility for that.

Even if humans weren't responsible for climate change or on the level that Al Gore claims, I still think that global warming crowd has some good ideas. The sooner we get off foreign oil and start using alternative energy sources, the better and safer our country will be. Unlike a lot of the tree huggers, I would love to see more nuclear energy in this country. From what I've read, it appears to be very safe, incredibly efficient, and cheap. Lastly, even if climate change were not happening and people weren't responsible, we shouldn't get a free ticket to drive 5 mpg Hummers or not recycle. There are cleaner alternatives and we should embrace them because pollution sucks for everyone in the long term

Agreed as far as off foreign oil, nucleur power, etc. As for GW, is it happening? Well, in some areas yes, but not to the extreme AlGore wants us to believe. Climate change is part of this planet. Period. We can prove that some desserts were once fertile, and vice versa. There was a "little ice age" in the Middle Ages. This planet changes. With or without us. Should we slow down pollution? Heck yeah. Should we be panicking? Nope. BTW, over 30,000 scientists signed a petiion denouncing man made GW and protesting the Kyoto accords.

5. I think evolution is as good of a theory as the theory of gravity.

I didn't really see that many objections to it. I can't really debate what the Bible said since I'm not God, and the Bible is God's word. We should teach this and not intelligent design in schools because its embraced by the scientific community as what's correct.

Uhm, and you say the Liberal media isn't biased? There are PLENTY of Scientists that debate evolution, especially macroevolution. Can we see microevolution at work? Sure. Has macroevolution(origing of species) been proven? Nope. There are also many scientists that SUPPORT ID. But since they aren't in the "mainstream" they get shuffled off to the side.

6. Let gays marry, why not?

Separate but equal never really works out in the end, look at Brown V Board of Education. Separate is inherently unequal. I don't think that gays should be denied the rights that straight couples can have. Besides, the biggest threat to marriage is divorce! Maybe another solution would be to abolish marriage completely and just give everyone civil unions and let churches deal with marriage.

Wow, I am torn on this. I agree with the other poster that said marriage is a religious insitution. That being said, I might be bale to get behind CIVIL unions for gays.

7. I don't think Ron Paul is that awesome, yes he has some good ideas but he has just as many wacky ones.

Ron Paul has some great ideas like a free trade and opposing NAFTA, the fact that he has a very strict interpretation of the Constitution, he voted against the REAL ID act, and I'm sure you guys can think of a lot of others. I don't like the fact that he does not believe in evolution and wants to abolish the Board of Education and has a very isolationistic view of foreign policy. I do believe that sometimes our government should intervene in cases of humanitarian crises or real threats to our national security. I love the fact that he is a third party candidate, has garnered such large attention for his ideas, and is a thorn on the side of both Democrats and Republicans.

Not much more to say on Ron Paul that hasn't been said.

8. I don't think there is a liberal bias in the media as much the media is just stupid and irrelevant lately.

The reason why I don't think there is a liberal bias is because there are demagogues on both sides of the media. You have CNN, MSNBC, Keith Olbermann, Fox News, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck. Both sides have very powerful and influential talking heads and both of them have a very large following. I hate Rush because he makes fun of people with Parkinsons and is a huge hypocrite and I hate Keith Olbermann because he sounds obnoxious and refuses to use regular words. Both groups are very decisive and instead of focusing on real stories all I hear about is Jon and Kate plus 8 and Susan Boyle.

Did you see/read any articles on the Tea Parties after the fact? Did you see the vile insults? Did you see how the Tea Party attendees were dismissed as racist and extremists? Yeah, how dare an American stand up for their beliefs and protest, our Founding Fathers would have never....uhm, yeah, get my point?

9. I don't think taxation is that horrible.

Taxes have paid for bad things and good things. I'm glad that taxes have paid for interstate highways, public education, the police and fire department, etc. I'm disappointed that tax money has paid for wars I don't agree with, bailouts I dislike, and the salaries of public servants I disagree with.

You disagree with taxation for wars you don't agree with, but think America should offer humanitarian aid to other countries? Have you heard about all the good that we have done in Iraq? Probably not if you watch MSNBC.
    Where do you think money for humanitarian aid would come from?
    The tax system needs revamped. A flat tax is logical, fair and simple. You make more money, you still pay the same percentage as I do. How is that not fair?

10. I like the idea of "socialized" healthcare.

I think the current system in America is horrible. Healthcare costs are too high and all the insurance companies are out there to screw you. Yea Canada's system seems to be OK. Yes you might have to wait a long time for non-essential surgeries, but at least you won't be bankrupt at the end of the procedure. I read a few days ago that health care costs account for close to half of the bankruptcies in America. Screw HMOs and screw the millionaire executives running private insurance companies and pharmaceutical corporations.

Let me answer this by telling you a story. I have a friend in Vancouver BC. She was found to have a cyst on her ovary. They wanted to biopsy it to check for cancer. She was put on a waiting list. Almost 6 months later, she FINALLY got her biopsy. Luckily for her, it was benign eh? Are you over 70? Need a transplant? Nope, sorry, socialized medicine says you are too old. Next.

And just to prove an earlier poster right, I'll say something anti-gun. I can understand why the government won't allow fully automatic weapons and extended capacity magazines. From what I've gathered, if you need more than 10 rounds per magazine, either you're in a war zone or you need to go back to the range and practice. I do fully appreciate the fact that we are unique in our freedoms to own firearms and while me and my pistols might do anything against a government ordered military strike, it does instill some fear with those in power, which is always healthy. I do think the Assault Weapons Ban is stupid because the definition of what constitutes an assault weapon is very arbitrary and stupid. I wouldn't want the government imposing many laws on firearms because that only affects law abiding citizens. A criminal doesn't have to worry about a background check or what constitutes a pre-ban weapon because he'll take whatever he can get from the trunk of his dealer.

The guvmints logic is dead wrong. Your last statement explains why. A criminal doesnt CARE if a gun is illegal. Making it MORE illegal will do nothing.

Lastly, any ideas on how to break in an HK45 full size?

Range time? :D like, say, at the INGO picnic maybe? lol

Al B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    EM78 South IN
    just an opinion

Welcome to the forum. I have not been here long, but I like it here among this great group of people.

OK here is my 2cents on your post.
    Ron you are an American, just like me. You have you right to an opinion just like the rest of us. Without going through you list, I'll just say that I agree with you on some points and don't agree on some others.
    A lot of folks are giving their points of agreement or disagreement and some just blow it off with a snide remark. What really tears me up are all the people who argue politics but should be able to wade through this :poop: and get to the real problem. One of the oldest and best methods of wiping out an enemy is "divide et impera" to divide and conquer. The enemy within by way of the politicians and the media have done this so well that our country is crumbling around us. One Sunday at our church meeting the preacher had 2 tools leaned against the pulpit. He started right off with the statement, "Folks, one thing we all must learn, is to call a spade a spade". He picked up one tool and said "this one is a spade". he picked the other and said "This is a shovel, they look the same, but they ARE different!". The subject of his sermon was a lie is a lie and a sin is a sin, or in other words, "We must call things what they are!". He also went on to discuss and describe MANY things in our society today that have been perverted by giving them a different name or a slight twist of the truth. This is what the enemy within is doing. Continuously feeding us misinformation and outright lies until now many people believe them, even to the point of believing the lie with the truth right looking them in the face. This puts differences between us. While we squabble the bastards run merrily through our money and lives and I'm sick of it.
    When we finally put our heads together and pinpoint the common enemy, we will be able to stop the BS in our country and get some truth out to the citizens. We must put politics aside and take back our beloved country.

Rant mostly over.:ranton: Probably didn't make much sense to anyone but me..........

ron

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Just to let you guys know, I've been reading every post in this thread. Its a lot of information for me to take in and I really don't feel that motivated to respond to every individual comment. But I really do appreciate the encouraging words from you guys.

NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    Nothing like stirring the pot right away. I figure I'll chime in.

1. I don't think all Muslims are terrorists. I think extremists on either side are likely to be terrorists.

Concur.

2. I'm pro-choice.

Purely a moral decision in my eyes. I completely disagree with you and think it's purely legalized murder...but being able to take a position on a matter such as this is why we have the first amendment.

3. I don't think the sky is falling and don't believe that hyperinflation will occur in the near future.

Guess we'll see...

4. I think climate change is happening and that humans share some of the responsibility for that.

Concur. Although I don't see us changing what harm we've already done, short of an act of God.

Concur.

Marry, no. Civil Unions, yes. But this opinion of mine is based strictly on tax benefits and nothing more.

7. I don't think Ron Paul is that awesome, yes he has some good ideas but he has just as many wacky ones.

Don't know much about Ron Paul...so I'm gonna steer clear on this one.

8. I don't think there is a liberal bias in the media as much the media is just stupid and irrelevant lately.

Completely disagree on the first point...but as to the second one, totally concur. I saw a story this morning about Obama giving a kid a note so they don't get reprimanded for being out of school. You're telling me that this isn't completely irrelevant to 99.9999999% of the population?

Taxation isn't horrible at all. Funds our infrastructure which is needed to maintain our way of live. But there sure are some worthless programs I'd rather not have my money going towards.

Completely disagree. Maybe I'd have a different opinion if I didn't have a great health care plan where I work. But since I do, I don't want anything to change from how it works now.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    ...And just to prove an earlier poster right, I'll say something anti-gun. I can understand why the government won't allow fully automatic weapons and extended capacity magazines. From what I've gathered, if you need more than 10 rounds per magazine, either you're in a war zone or you need to go back to the range and practice. Or you're being engaged by multiple attackers. FYI, there is no federal or state (in Indiana) law restricting the capacity of magazines. However, I also understand why the government won't allow fully automatic firearms-Any time you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

I do fully appreciate the fact that we are unique in our freedoms to own firearms and while me and my pistols might do anything against a government ordered military strike, it does instill some fear with those in power, which is always healthy. I do think the Assault Weapons Ban is stupid because the definition of what constitutes an assault weapon is very arbitrary and stupid. I wouldn't want the government imposing many laws on firearms because that only affects law abiding citizens. A criminal doesn't have to worry about a background check or what constitutes a pre-ban weapon because he'll take whatever he can get from the trunk of his dealer....

You seem to have the right idea as to what gun laws do-restrict only those who obey them. With that understanding, I suggest examining each thing the anti-gunners call for: Magazine capacity restrictions, full-auto restrictions, ammo microstamping, waiting periods, permits to purchase or carry, background checks (and with them, the much touted but completely illusory "gun show loophole"), one-gun-a-month limitations, etc., etc., and consider what effect these restrictions have and upon whom they weigh, then consider if they're still good ideas.

Consider the purpose of the 2A, as our Founders defined that purpose. In modern terminology, it might be termed a government-reset button, as so defined in the Declaration of Independence. With that definition in mind, is it a good idea to have government restricting those things designed to keep them in check? Is that not like the fox guarding the henhouse?

Thanks for your OP and for returning to clarify your points. I don't agree with some of what you write, but I respect your right to your opinions and your willingness to state them.

Blessings,
    Bill

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Just to let you guys know, I've been reading every post in this thread. Its a lot of information for me to take in and I really don't feel that motivated to respond to every individual comment. But I really do appreciate the encouraging words from you guys.

Reps coming your way for hanging in here and not running away screaming that we're all crazy. Ok, most of us aren't crazy.

OK OK OK, so we're all crazy. God, nevermind! :laugh:

I'm reading all these responses and I'm reading yours too. I'm still trying to get my thoughts together as to how to respond to your posts. I mean I respect your opinion and I also think you're flat out wrong on things such as the economy bouncing back and the Healthcare being better under the government.

So when I can get my thoughts together I'll respond accordingly.

You still have my respect for hanging in here. Most trolls don't so you must not be a troll. Bout time we had someone from the other side come here and be civil. :thumbsup:

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Islamic mosques produce more terrorists in a single month than any other cause or ideology has throughout mankinds entire history.

2. I'm pro-choice.

And because of people like you a million unborn children are murdered in their womb every year in this nation.

And just what do you think happens when a nation all of the sudden prints an additional trillion dollars?

Our planet regularly goes through glacial & interglacial periods, humans play absolutely no role in this cycle.

Ok so which "branch/race" of homo sapiens sapiens (modern humans) are the most evolved? do we use the traditional method of anthropological determination, ie: cranial capacity? or since we have living specimens shall we use a more modern method like a statistical bell curving of IQ tests?

And how about cousins? or how about brothers & sisters? moms & sons? fathers & daughters? or how about allowing someone with a shoe fetish to marry their favorite sneaker?

You seem to have alot of "wacky" ideas yourself.

Delusion or denial, take your pick.

Yea! how else is Obama supposed to get the 200 million dollars to pay the small island nation of Palau to house 17 Guantanamo detainees?

Of course you like the idea of "socialized" everything, because marching in ideological lock step with the far-lefts nanny state agenda is easy & requires no independent thought on your part what-so-ever.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    This took a while, since I have trouble sometimes collecting my thoughts, but after reading about 13 pages, I had to put my :twocents: in!

Hey sorry about not getting back to you guys earlier, I had to run some errands immediately after and I was not expecting such a deluge of responses. I'll try to elaborate further on my earlier ten points.

Perhaps I misspoke. What I'm trying to say is, there are religious and non-religious groups of all kinds. There have been a lot of people doing bad things in the name of God or justice. Despite that, I still think that we should give the majority of people the benefit of the doubt, even if they belong to a polarizing group.

Agree that not all Muslims are terrorists, yet it was Muslims that declared Jihad on US, not the other way around. Sadly, it took the loss of more than 3000 lives before an appropriate response was taken by the U.S., though we were attacked numerous times.

2. I'm pro-choice.

This will come off as evil, but I really think the world has enough babies. Social services in this country, are understaffed and underfunded. I've heard way too many stories of people working for child protection services not caring about a foster child in a bad home, simply because there just aren't enough resources or that the staff member in charge is just overwhelmed with cases. If someone doesn't want to have a baby, abort it, because there is a good chance that child will be born into an unwelcome home and become a financial liability for the rest of us for some time.

Just a generalization, but if there is a heartbeat, it is murder IMO. I don't know the right or wrong answer here, but I know numerous couples that would willingly adopt.

Yea the economy sucks right now. But I do believe it will get better. No I didn't buy any gold. Maybe I should have. Maybe I should have bought stock when the Dow was at 6,000. I don't really believe any economist can predict what will happen in the future and the ones that claim they can should be regarded with some skepticism. That being said, preparing for the worst is a good thing, its part of the reason why I have a gun! I just think that a lot of the tin-foil wearing crowd just aren't really enjoying life and spend way too much time worrying. Enjoy life, buy a dog! Even if the **** does hit the fan, at least you're prepared!

And the mints are still printing that pretty green paper, with nothing to back it up. I was a little different when we were on the gold standard.

Even if humans weren't responsible for climate change or on the level that Al Gore claims, I still think that global warming crowd has some good ideas. The sooner we get off foreign oil and start using alternative energy sources, the better and safer our country will be. Unlike a lot of the tree huggers, I would love to see more nuclear energy in this country. From what I've read, it appears to be very safe, incredibly efficient, and cheap. Lastly, even if climate change were not happening and people weren't responsible, we shouldn't get a free ticket to drive 5 mpg Hummers or not recycle. There are cleaner alternatives and we should embrace them because pollution sucks for everyone in the long term

I remember the '70's, when it was claimed that global cooling was going to destroy us all. http://www.denisdutton.com/cooling_world.htm

I didn't really see that many objections to it. I can't really debate what the Bible said since I'm not God, and the Bible is God's word. We should teach this and not intelligent design in schools because its embraced by the scientific community as what's correct.

Everything came from somewhere, perplexing, isn't it!

Separate but equal never really works out in the end, look at Brown V Board of Education. Separate is inherently unequal. I don't think that gays should be denied the rights that straight couples can have. Besides, the biggest threat to marriage is divorce! Maybe another solution would be to abolish marriage completely and just give everyone civil unions and let churches deal with marriage.

Our Country is based on Christian tradition and beliefs, of which the Bible states marriage between Man and Woman. Genesis 2-24

Ron Paul has some great ideas like a free trade and opposing NAFTA, the fact that he has a very strict interpretation of the Constitution, he voted against the REAL ID act, and I'm sure you guys can think of a lot of others. I don't like the fact that he does not believe in evolution and wants to abolish the Board of Education and has a very isolationistic view of foreign policy. I do believe that sometimes our government should intervene in cases of humanitarian crises or real threats to our national security. I love the fact that he is a third party candidate, has garnered such large attention for his ideas, and is a thorn on the side of both Democrats and Republicans.

You have made your beliefs known on a very conservative forum, isn't that a little wacky? :D Ron Paul is great in my opinion, in fact I listened to him debate against turning tobacco regulation over to the FDA this morning. His belief in civil liberties is enough for me.

The reason why I don't think there is a liberal bias is because there are demagogues on both sides of the media. You have CNN, MSNBC, Keith Olbermann, Fox News, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck. Both sides have very powerful and influential talking heads and both of them have a very large following. I hate Rush because he makes fun of people with Parkinsons and is a huge hypocrite and I hate Keith Olbermann because he sounds obnoxious and refuses to use regular words. Both groups are very decisive and instead of focusing on real stories all I hear about is Jon and Kate plus 8 and Susan Boyle.

Rush is a syndicated talk show host, which deals with his views and opinions. Keith Olbermann belongs to the mainstream media and a national news organization which allows him to place his biased views in front of a larger audience. That is a very big difference with the two, and it is not just confined to these two. Mark Levin, Shawn Hannity, Katy Couric are just more examples. Hannity has both worlds, 3 hours on Sirius and then an hour on Fox at night (excellent shows in my opinion).

Taxes have paid for bad things and good things. I'm glad that taxes have paid for interstate highways, public education, the police and fire department, etc. I'm disappointed that tax money has paid for wars I don't agree with, bailouts I dislike, and the salaries of public servants I disagree with.

My taxes have paid for bailouts, while I work a full time job. My taxes pay for roads I cannot drive on, while I do side work on evenings and weekends. My taxes pay for a welfare recipients heat, while I work in the cold. My taxes pay the salaries of Washington Bueracrats, while I sweat my *ss off in Iraq. I guess taxes aren't bad when you know where your money is going.

I think the current system in America is horrible. Healthcare costs are too high and all the insurance companies are out there to screw you. Yea Canada's system seems to be OK. Yes you might have to wait a long time for non-essential surgeries, but at least you won't be bankrupt at the end of the procedure. I read a few days ago that health care costs account for close to half of the bankruptcies in America. Screw HMOs and screw the millionaire executives running private insurance companies and pharmaceutical corporations.

Yes, healthcare cost are high, but you have to understand the underlying reason. How much does the education for 1 doctor cost, or even 1 nurse? How many years does it take to develop a certain drug, when highly educated individuals are working on it? Their educations are just as expensive, if not more, than a doctors. How many years does it take to get FDA approval for a drug? How much regulation is forced on the healthcare industry, that causes more expense to meet, among others, sanitary standards? How often are healtcare providers sued frivolously for unexpected complications, since not even a doctor is all knowing?
    These are just a few reasons that healthcare cost are high.

And if this is not enough for you, just go to Iraq, get hurt, and then be shuffled off to any VA hospital, and then you will see the effects of state run health care. I finally got x-rays this week, after more than 6 months of evaluations by physical therapist. VA is the perfect example of too many patients, and not enough assets, which is exactly what will happen to the whole countries healtcare system when you "give free" healthcare to another 40 +/- million people with the wave of the magic wand.

And just to prove an earlier poster right, I'll say something anti-gun. I can understand why the government won't allow fully automatic weapons and extended capacity magazines. From what I've gathered, if you need more than 10 rounds per magazine, either you're in a war zone or you need to go back to the range and practice. I do fully appreciate the fact that we are unique in our freedoms to own firearms and while me and my pistols might do anything against a government ordered military strike, it does instill some fear with those in power, which is always healthy. I do think the Assault Weapons Ban is stupid because the definition of what constitutes an assault weapon is very arbitrary and stupid. I wouldn't want the government imposing many laws on firearms because that only affects law abiding citizens. A criminal doesn't have to worry about a background check or what constitutes a pre-ban weapon because he'll take whatever he can get from the trunk of his dealer.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.” — Thomas Jefferson

Not by the blood of martyrs, which without the right weaponry, that is what you will be. Do I need a belt fed automatic rifle? Maybe, if I am doing a squad assault. Do I fear a government official with an MP5? Not when I have my M1 Garand. The National Firearms Acts are nothing more than an obstruction of our civil liberties to live as free men, without fear of our own government.

Lastly, any ideas on how to break in an HK45 full size?

Shoot, shoot and shoooooooooot some more!!!!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I feel pretty much the same as BoR and Mike here. I don't think I can say anything any differently than they did and not sound like I'm beating a dead horse.

I respect your right to your opinion. The problem is the man you voted for does not. Did you know he belongs to a radical group that used to encourage their members not be violent but to get into politics and destroy the system from the inside? I'll have to look it up but it was while he was attending college. Don't remember which one and I'm too tired and lazy to look it up right now. Also that he was a member of the VPC, Violence Policy Center. And not just a member. But a BOARD MEMBER. That's one to chew on for a while.

BALYWHO...

You would do yourself a favor to read about the rise and fall of the Soviet Union. To read about The rise of Nazi Germany. Read about 1600-1700 England. And then re-read our Declaration of Independence. Apply what you learned there to what is happening now and then maybe you might see why we are so upset here on this board.

I invite you to come to the July 4th Tea Party with your Family and stay for the Fireworks downtown.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    You would do yourself a favor to read about the rise and fall of the Soviet Union. To read about The rise of Nazi Germany. Read about 1600-1700 England. And then re-read our Declaration of Independence.

Or you could stay closer to home and read these two, and see where the country is headed:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Politically-Incorrect-Guide-Depression-Guides/dp/1596980966/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1244869558&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Great Depression and the New Deal (The Politically Incorrect Guides): Robert P. Murphy: Books[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Roosevelt-Myth-John-T-Flynn/dp/B001D0MJWS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1244869570&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: The Roosevelt Myth: John T Flynn: Books[/ame]

The parallels between BHO and FDR are truly astounding/frightening.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I haven't really addressed ron directly yet, and wasn't really planning to pile on, but this one keeps bugging me:

All I've got to say about it is that Austrian economists predicted the collapse of the stock bubble during the Clinton administration. They predicted the collapse of the housing bubble. They predicted the bank catastrophe. All of these forecasts were accurate. And now they're predicting the coming of hyperinflation.

One such person is Peter Schiff, profiled here:

Why the Meltdown Should Have Surprised No One - Peter Schiff - Mises Institute

The Daily Show clip alone is worth the click.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    While I can not agree with you in total, I will defend with my life your Freedom to think as you wish and to vote as you see fit.

Do you really think Obama/Pelosi will do that for you?

Do you really think they have your best interest in their agendas?

ron

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2009

Folks, it's the Law of Gravity.... it ain't a theory. :cool:

It is a law of gravity that if you drop an object here, it will fall to the ground, but it is gravitational theory that explains how and why this occurs.

Gravity is a law, but we understand and explain it through a theory

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    We can't prove the origin of species. Without some sort of bias, one would never take a plausible theory off the table. Intelligent design, devoid of any religion or need to worship the designer, is actually a great theory for those who look at the evidence and lack the faith to believe it could have happened without input and a plan. You see, it is but one hurdle of faith compared with a long line of hurdles to support the spontaneous chain of exclusive events required for life to spring up out of chaos, sustainable and reproductive, and after defying all odds, end up with a more orderly structure than one would suspect. I just don't have that much faith.
    But of course, both sides have their biases.

Top Bottom