• ...and so much more!
  • Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    This thread saddens me.

I think it highlights why Republican cannot win elections.

You know what they call a guy that tries to take the moral high road in a firefight?

DEAD.

Politics isn't much different. The left will continue acting as jack-booting thugs in their own sphere, enforcing a strict orthodoxy. If you disagree with that orthodoxy, you are a fascist, racist, etc.

In all too many conservative places, they cannot and will not stoop to that disgusting level. They tolerate, contrary to the shrill cries of the leftist. They refuse to engage in the distortions, lies, misrepresentations and outright slander. This they think, and perhaps rightly so, makes them better people.

It also makes them losers come election time.

I'll take issue with a few of these points.

1. I don't think all Muslims are terrorists. I think extremists on either side are likely to be terrorists. This, by implication, accuses non-liberals of thinking that all muslims are terrorists. If this was a reason to vote for Obama, then McCain and republicans must not share that belief, and therefor think that all muslims are terrorists. You just, in a backhanded way, called me and every other conservative a racist. To that I take great offense.

2. I'm pro-choice. Me too. There are plenty of choices out there. Pills, patches, rings, shots, IUDs, etc, etc, etc. Then again, none of those require chopping up a baby, so where's the fun in that. It must be great times, since 47% come back for a second time, and 11.8% for a third go round, and 7% for 4 or more.

3. I don't think the sky is falling and don't believe that hyperinflation will occur in the near future. The bond markets disagree.

4. I think climate change is happening and that humans share some of the responsibility for that. Based on the ridiculous IPCC report? Ha.
    akasofu_graph_little_ice-age.gif

Indeed, the sky is falling.

5. I think evolution is as good of a theory as the theory of gravity.
    6. Let gays marry, why not?
    7. I don't think Ron Paul is that awesome, yes he has some good ideas but he has just as many wacky ones.

8. I don't think there is a liberal bias in the media as much the media is just stupid and irrelevant lately Social scientists at UCLA and Harvard who make it their job to study such things disagree with the bias part. I don't think anyone would disagree with the stupid part.

9. I don't think taxation is that horrible. It isn't so bad if you're the half of the population that is leaching of the other half like parasites.

10. I like the idea of "socialized" healthcare. Gov't run healthcare programs are great. Look at how well Medicare, Medicaid and Veteran's treatment is handling things. Or Canada. I mean, their system is so great, their liberal politicians come here for treatment. I wonder if that has to do with the 2.5 month long average wait period for something as simple for an MRI.
    But hey, maybe Obama is on to something. If Australia's system is any indication, we can cut substantial costs by making waiting lists for cancer treatment so long the patient dies. It's working well in the UK.
    The prognosis for lung cancer remains poor with overall five-year survival of 5–10%. This has changed little in the past two decades [1] and is attributed to delays in presentation, diagnosis, staging and treatment. Among the recommendations of the UK (United Kingdom) National Cancer Plan has been the introduction of multi-disciplinary team meetings and an interval of 14 days from urgent GP (general practitioner) referral to first outpatient assessment, and 62 days from GP referral to first mode of treatment [2,3]. Prospective tracking studies was designed with the objective of monitoring the waiting times to treatment for lung cancer at South Manchester University Hospital (SMUHT) and compare it with the national recommendations. SMUHT is a major UK teaching hospital receiving secondary and tertiary referral for thoracic oncology services which has all on site facilities for lung cancer diagnosis and treatment.
    The adverse impact of prolonged waiting time on the out come of lung cancer treatment has been well established...
    This study emphasizes that previously reported delays [6-8] in treatment of lung cancer persist despite multidisciplinary team meetings and the focus on waiting time targets. Most patients are seen for consultation within the prescribed target of two weeks. The median interval of 60 days between referral and treatment, however, shows that the NHS Cancer Plan target is exceeded in 50% cases. Similar delays have been reported from European countries [7,8] as well as Canada [9]....
    The excessive waiting time occurs for all three modalities of treatment. Limited availability of radiotherapy facilities and consequently a long waiting for treatment is mainly responsible for longest waiting time to treatment in this subgroup. This has been emphasized by previous studies from other centres as well [5,9].

And just so we're comparing apples to apples, survival rates in the US range from 13%-18% That's more than double the wonderful utopian socialized system.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I think it highlights why Republican cannot win elections.

You know what they call a guy that tries to take the moral high road in a firefight?

DEAD.

Politics isn't much different. The left will continue acting as jack-booting thugs in their own sphere, enforcing a strict orthodoxy. If you disagree with that orthodoxy, you are a fascist, racist, etc.

In all too many conservative places, they cannot and will not stoop to that disgusting level. They tolerate, contrary to the shrill cries of the leftist. They refuse to engage in the distortions, lies, misrepresentations and outright slander. This they think, and perhaps rightly so, makes them better people.

It also makes them losers come election time.
    I remember the 92 election. Clinton's smear merchants Carville, Begala, and the rest were out on every TV news program. Along with the willing accomplices in the press repeating what they said, there was virtually no challenge to their spin. George HW Bush (God Bless him) just thought he should stay above the fray and really never responded and God knows no one in the media was going to question what was being said. The only person that seemed to understand that they needed to get out there and fight was Mary Matlin and she tried but was way outnumbered.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I am not going to take the time or make the effort to argue with ron over any of his positions and opinions. This is America and we are all entitled to our own personal thoughts and feelings no matter how wrong they might be. At least he is pro-gun and that means that there is some hope for him. Howeever, I really do hope that he suffers some buyer's remorse over voting for Obama after his cost of living goes through the roof and Barry's teenaged brownshirts come looking for his firearms.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    65 Dems in the house are opposed to bringing back the ban. I'll take all of the help I can get.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0yskRUuVO8]YouTube - 60 min - Gun Rush - Dianne Feinstein - part 2[/ame]

Great discussion by the way everyone.

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    At least he is pro-gun and that means that there is some hope for him.
    I'm always curious how anyone who could possibly be considered "pro-gun" and even just functionally literate, have voted for the current President. Even those who are not "one issue voters" must have heard him declare himself a "Constitutional scholar" and then state his opinion on the legality of the DC gun ban and think it met Constitutional muster. How does one square voting for a guy who was a board member of the Joyce Foundation, spoke openly on the benefits of gun registration, restrictions, confiscations and outright bans, and was close friends with admitted domestic terrorists, with being "pro-gun"? The man is a sociopathic liar, and he's either getting worse, or bolder at it, and it's probably both.

Lordy, I hope he has "buyer's remorse". If I had voted for the guy, I would be a lot closer to "buyer's suicidal tendency".

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Hey guys, I'm sort of a lurker on this forum. Mostly I just read the handguns and ammo section for tips and stuff. Lately, I've been reading the politics threads a lot. I like reading view points that conflict with mine, it gives me some sort of perspective and I like seeing what's happening with the opposite end of the political spectrum. I feel like sometimes the discussions on this section of the forums are sort of one sided, its a lot of preaching to the choir, so I would like to express my more "liberal" opinions and shock you guys.

1. I don't think all Muslims are terrorists. I think extremists on either side are likely to be terrorists.
    2. I'm pro-choice.
    3. I don't think the sky is falling and don't believe that hyperinflation will occur in the near future.
    4. I think climate change is happening and that humans share some of the responsibility for that.
    5. I think evolution is as good of a theory as the theory of gravity.
    6. Let gays marry, why not?
    7. I don't think Ron Paul is that awesome, yes he has some good ideas but he has just as many wacky ones.
    8. I don't think there is a liberal bias in the media as much the media is just stupid and irrelevant lately.
    9. I don't think taxation is that horrible.
    10. I like the idea of "socialized" healthcare.

And just so the moderators don't think I'm some sort of liberal troll from outer-space, yes I'm from Indiana. Yes I'm a gun-owner and I love guns of all kinds. I love to go the range when I can. I too am having a hard time finding ammunition. But anyways, here I am.

Let's all agree to disagree, and vote to 'CHANGE' it back.

Top Bottom