• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Going to the driving range is fun, however I can't stand playing actual golf. The whole premise annoys me. The goal is to hit the ball as far away as possible, and then pick up a 20 lb. bag and chase after it. That makes no sense to me. :scratch:

Take up skydiving. You still lug around a 20 lb bag, but the final goal is to NOT end up in a hole, a 6 ft deep hole that is.

Cost wise, once you are a licensed skydiver, you'll spend about the same amount of money for a full day of skydiving that you would a full day of golfing.

Air Indiana Skydiving Center LLC

meanone92

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    I've been to corses and had people behind me or in my group who forget the real reason to golf. FUN!!!

meanone92

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Another thing a learned is you can buy a cheap set and do as good with those as you can expensive set. My set cost $200 and my buddies was $1000. We switched back and forth with same result's.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I love to golf when I get the chance! Played on the team in high school. But I always seemed to forget the real reason behind golf was to have fun. I always seemed to get mad when i started playing bad, and in turn would play even worse. Now I take a flask of So Co and mix it in with some of my mt dew, or bring along a 6 pack of Newcastles. And I just go out and have fun with a friend. Last time I'm not sure how many mulligans we would give each other when needed. I know on some holes it was alot more than just 1, lol. And as for clubs, I'm still playing with the same cheapo set I got in high school. I just added in a better driver, putter, and a lob wedge. I think I've only got around $200 in the whole set including bag.
    I do with the golf cars had more power and were faster though. But of course I'd prob have too much fun then :D

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    If your not having fun you are not playing it right. You need the launcher. It will attach to your AR, now that would be some golf fun.
    I am avid golfer with a 8-10 handicap if anybody ever wants to play let me know.:D

picture.php

GunPundit Blog Archive More spent on shooting sports than on golf

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    If your not having fun you are not playing it right. You need the launcher. It will attach to your AR, now that would be some golf fun.
    I am avid golfer with a 8-10 handicap if anybody ever wants to play let me know.:D

picture.php

GunPundit Blog Archive More spent on shooting sports than on golf

hmmm I do like that idea!! I'll have to get me one of those after I buy an AR. I'm sure I'd be more accurate on my drives that way than with my current nasty slice, lol.

I just wonder how many people would report someone with one to the clubhouse or call the cops. :):
    Btw. I may take you up on that sometime. Its always fun to golf with different people. Heck I still haven't gotten out on the course at all this year.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I just wonder how many people would report someone with one to the clubhouse or call the cops. :):
    Btw. I may take you up on that sometime. Its always fun to golf with different people. Heck I still haven't gotten out on the course at all this year.

Well I do have connections with a few course's in Madison County that at the right time of the year would let us use one of them launchers. They are out of the city limits so disharging the firearm is no problem. Before I got married I played daily sometimes twice, got the handicap down under 5. Man those were the days. I get out about twice a month but I do hit some range balls out back a few times a week. My German Shepherd loves to chase them.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    What does somebody who has never jumped have to do to get too?

First, weigh less than 260 lbs max; some Drop Zone require weight as low as 200 lbs or less.

Second, just contact your local Drop Zone and ask them about it.

There are three ways to make a jump.

1. Tandem Jump - this is where you are attached to a Tandem Instructor via a harness. This method is the most common for those wanting to do just one or two jumps. It usually involves a one-hour training coarse and watching a video of a guy with a really long beard talking about the risk of tandem skydiving.

2. Accelerated Freefall Program - this is where you take a day-long ground instruction coarse, and then make your first freefall jump with two instructors falling with you. The instructors will help you stay stable during your freefall, and will deploy your parachute (if you forget to) at opening altitude. An instructor on the ground will talk to you via radio for your landing. This method is good for the fast learner, and the student determined to become a skydiver.

3. Instructor Assisted Deployment/Static Line Program - this is where you take a day-long ground instruction coarse, and then make you first jump solo from 3,500 ft. Your freefall will be about 3 seconds and your parachute will be deployed for you. As you progress through the program, you eventually get to freefall and become a skydiver. This method is good for the average learner or the student who may take a while getting over the absolute fright of skydiving initially.

Here are the Drop Zones in Indiana:

Air Indiana Skydiving Center, Flora (25 miles east of Lafayette)
    Air Indiana Skydiving Center LLC

Skydive Fort Wayne, Angola (north of Fort Wayne off I-69)
    Welcome to Skydive Ft. Wayne!

Jerry's Skydiving Circus, Franklin (20 miles south of Indy)
    Learn to Skydive in Indiana at Jerry's Skydiving Circus, Franklin, Indiana

Skydive Greensburg, Greensburg (45 miles southeast of Indy)
    Welcome to Skydive Greensburg | 1-800 SKY DIVE

Skydive Wayne County, Richmond
    Skydive Richmond :: Skydiving Cincinnati and Ohio ::::::::::::::::Skydive

For a listing of Drop Zones throught the country, and the world, go to United States Parachute Association (USPA) website: U.S. Parachute Association - Skydive Today!

Good Luck!

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Well I do have connections with a few course's in Madison County that at the right time of the year would let us use one of them launchers. They are out of the city limits so disharging the firearm is no problem. Before I got married I played daily sometimes twice, got the handicap down under 5. Man those were the days. I get out about twice a month but I do hit some range balls out back a few times a week. My German Shepherd loves to chase them.

hmmm I may have to get ahold of you in the future. :D

I kinda have to wonder of those golf balls you hit out behind your house are some of the ones me or dad find out in some of our fields around Anderson. Whenever I see one I always stop to pick them up. And last fall when I inspected soybean fields for Pioneer, I can't remember how many shag balls I found in some of the fields. :rockwoot:

deer hunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    I love golf and find it's very rewarding. I take clients out golfing. It is a tough job but someone has to do it. If only I could find clients that wanted to hunt. Then I would have the perfect job.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I've been playing for 18 years now. My handicap has took a turn for the worse lately but when you've only played once this year and twice last year it will happen. Played all 4 years in high school. Played in a few IGA-PGA Jr tour events throughout my teen years. I had 1 win through those tournaments and that was at age 15 (won it in a playoff too).

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Man i wish i knew this before i turned in my team for our golf outing. I didnt know so many of you right wing, crazy, psycho, gun toters were golfers.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Roger that! We'll have to make an INGO day of it, or just play for the heck of it. Looks like we're pretty far away though.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Lets see if you can work the draft right this time, before i play golf with you, lol. Im more of a 20 handicapper though.

United

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    used to have a 5 handicap...those were the days. Haven't played in 2 years...keep tossing around the idea of selling my clubs.

We should most definitely do an INGO golf outing. Shoot, I bet some sponsors would pony up some fun prizes too! :) /end subtle hint

Top Bottom