• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I have always thought golf was boring and too slow. However yesterday I was at my cousins house out in the country and I had two choices particapate in the womens baby shower junk or go and drive some golf balls. It was a no brainer so I grabbed on of my cousins clubs and started hitting. He has a driving range he sat up in a field by his house and a place to practice putting in his garage. I was shocked that I actually enjoyed it alot. So I am going to a real course this week. Wish me luck.:D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Going to the driving range is fun, however I can't stand playing actual golf. The whole premise annoys me. The goal is to hit the ball as far away as possible, and then pick up a 20 lb. bag and chase after it. That makes no sense to me. :scratch:

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I love playing golf. Its got to be the only sport that even the best in the world cant win every time.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    While golf is a enjoyable sport, it can be one of the most frustrating also.
    You can play 17 holes, shank it, hit it fat, off the toe or the proverbial worm burner because you lifted your head and are ticked off to no mans end, but stroll up to 18 and hit that down right awesome shot that gets high fives from everyone and makes you come back for more.

Man I love this game.

BTW, watch Tin Cup with Kevin Costner & Don Johnson, love that movie.
    Fav quote from that movie is "Man, that's just not right"

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Golfing is fun until you start improving. Once that happens, you start getting expectations...When you inevitably don't meet those expectations, golf goes from fun to nerve racking.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Going to the driving range is fun, however I can't stand playing actual golf. The whole premise annoys me. The goal is to hit the ball as far away as possible, and then pick up a 20 lb. bag and chase after it. That makes no sense to me. :scratch:

No kidding, I figure if God wanted me to chase after a ball he wouldn't have invented dogs.

:ingo:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    No kidding, I figure if God wanted me to chase after a ball he wouldn't have invented dogs.

:ingo:

Maybe that's the key. Maybe I need to use a super ball instead of a golf ball. They're cheap enough that I don't have to chase them.

"Yeah, my last drive was two thousand yards. No, I used a three iron. Wait, what?"

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I found I had a decision to make...drag the 20 lb. bag or the 40 lb. cooler full of beer. I chose the beer. :D

Get caught up on all your golf jokes before going out.

Don't climb up on the ball washer. It doesn't mean what you think it means.:D
    Oh...now you tell me. That was the most painful experience I've ever had. Worse than when I fell off the ball washer. Dang near killed myself.

I kept thinking to myself..."Man, people who play golf must generally be really, really tall". I did think it was courteous of them to put that towel there...to dry them off and prevent chaffing. But I think disposable towels would have been better. Sorry...I refused to use the same towel the four guys in from of me just used.

And the terminology? Three other guys in bad pants was not what I thought when I got invited to a "foursome"....

I'm just sayin'....

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You need to try this with a cart.

I'd be fine just driving a golf cart around for a few hours. THAT'S fun. Having to stay on your fairway and behind the foursome ahead of you makes it suck, though. Maybe I need to invest in a golf cart track like a go-cart track or something.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

First of all the average golfer shoots around 100, that's bogey.5 golf.
    Second, I don't try and hit it as far as I can. I'm just plain happy with a 225yd drive or a 180 yd iron shot as long as I hit it straight, and the first putt I try to get within 3 foot of the pin.

Using this attitude turned me from a 100 shooter to a 85 on the average, way much more enjoyable.

Now if you're lugging around that bag, that's your fault....try renting a cart and running over your buddies that you're with for added fun.:D

Now for a trivia question, do you know where tons of business deals are done every day at?

If you guessed a Golf course, give yourself a brownie point.

lowriderjim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Huntington
    If we all had the same hobby it would be very crowded.

I shoot, play golf and ride a motorcycle. Unable to do any of them very well. Keep in mind that the only one of these hobbies that you can safely do and drink beer is golfing.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'd be fine just driving a golf cart around for a few hours. THAT'S fun. Having to stay on your fairway and behind the foursome ahead of you makes it suck, though. Maybe I need to invest in a golf cart track like a go-cart track or something.

Don't have to stay behind, you can ask to play through. I've done this numerous times with notorious slow players.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You're missing the point. I don't want to play at all. I just want to drive the cart around.

Top Bottom