• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nova512

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    west side of indy
    i was looking at a 2006 cabela's catalog the other day and with every page turn was wishing those prices were back. when the big O was elected everything went sky high and i expect prices to jump even more the closer to nov. we get , but if the big O doesnt get re elected do you all think ammo or gun prices will go down? i think ammo prices will go downa little but idk about guns.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Not sure there will be any affect on the prices of guns either way. Sure black rifles went up after the last election. Now that the market is flooded they have come back down. Ammo has steadily gone up. Supply and the cost of metals will drive that.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    You are missing something, part of the price increase is because politicians have mortgaged your, your kids, you grandkids, etc, future to pay for their social experimentation and power grab. True economics recognizes true worth, not hyped numbers. If you print more money without increasing true worth, the money is worth less. Don't believe the propaganda telling you we have no inflation, inflation is huge. prices on real goods will continue to rise, including food, fuel, arms and ammunition.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Ammo has steadily gone up. Supply and the cost of metals will drive that.

If you print more money without increasing true worth, the money is worth less. Don't believe the propaganda telling you we have no inflation, inflation is huge. prices on real goods will continue to rise, including food, fuel, arms and ammunition.

Did not miss anything. You are correct that value of the American dollar will have an affect of the price of all goods. As our dollar weakens, our ability as a nation to buy goods worldwide also decreases. Hence the rising costs of raw materials such as those used to make ammunition. Couple that with panic buying and current increased interest in gun ownership and shooting it is easy to see why costs are going up.

As a side note the relative power of our dollar has a huge afect on everything we do. The cost of energy, raw materials and fertilizer has increased. As a result the relative cost of basic needs such as food is going up as well. Inflation? Considering that wages for many households is going down yeah it is real concern for me right now.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Does the price of anything go back down, ever?

Not as long as ben bernanke is allowed to keep his hand on the dollar pump. The more money in the system the less each dollar is worth . Simple stuff but you'd be surprised how few people actually see what is going on. Most assume it will return to what they were used to.
    Don't think its gonna do that.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I doubt if the price of anything firearms related will drop very much as long as there is a demand for them. Like has been said many times before in this chain, the materials and labor associated with the production of ammunition will probably keep it high with little expectation to drop significantly with time. I would not be at all surprised if there are more relatively secret taxes already or soon to be placed on firearms, ammunition and firearms related accessories to be found in the O'Bummercare Act and, I think, the old Dingell-Johnson Act which taxes you on every conceivable sports related item from ball gloves to fishing rods to firearms. The black rifles did make a sharp rise and they have come back down, but it does not seem that they have come back down to pre-O'Bummer levels. Just my two cents. I really hate to see the day come when we are going to be dependent upon brown bear, silver wolf or stinky skunk as our sources of affordable ammunition.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    but if the big O doesnt get re elected do you all think ammo or gun prices will go down? i think ammo prices will go downa little but idk about guns.

There will be no decrease for ammo.

Oddly it is not just about Obama.:D

The Chinese are sucking in so many base metals like Kirk sucking up sushi that prices will only rachet up.

Last edited:

sgtonory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Carmel
    You are missing something, part of the price increase is because politicians have mortgaged your, your kids, you grandkids, etc, future to pay for their social experimentation and power grab. True economics recognizes true worth, not hyped numbers. If you print more money without increasing true worth, the money is worth less. Don't believe the propaganda telling you we have no inflation, inflation is huge. prices on real goods will continue to rise, including food, fuel, arms and ammunition.

Well said. And QE3 is around the corner so we will have even more inflation. Get out of paper money while you still can.

RandomName

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Does the price of anything go back down, ever?

Electronics. Computers, GPS units, VCR/DVD players, etc. All way cheaper than when they first came out.

Telephone service. You don't have to lease a phone from the telephone company any longer, and kids today don't even know what "long distance" means. Cell phones are way cheaper and not subject to "roaming".

That's all I got. Anyone else?

Top Bottom