• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Didn't like beer much until I had a Sam Adams back in Boston in the 80's. Now I drink Milwaukees Best on the boat, and gumballhead in the bar. Like all types. My drug of choice is white wine. Beer-too much bulk for the alcohol. Neat booze-love the taste, but sometimes it dehydrates my brain (don't like cocktails cept for gin martinis). Wine has the right amt of alcohol/bulk for my brain. My fav? A Chilean Sauvignon Blanc ($4/bottle @ Trader Jose's). For me it blows away anything under $15/bottle. Then there's 'Chung,' Tibetan rice beer.....available everywhere there's a Tibetan mud hut bar......

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    If I could get it in Indiana, Yuengling... I used to work 2 blocks from the brewery in Pottsville, Pa. I've started drinking Woodchuck. That stuff goes down WAY too easily and tastes pretty awesome, provided that you like the hard ciders... If I had to go to a regular domestic, MGD was always my old standby since I was a teenager...

Love Woodchuck. I tried their Fall version and it was pretty tasty. My favorite it the 802 Dark and Dry. I tried some cider called "K" in Minnesota and it was very good as well, though I haven't been able to find any in Indy.

Woodchuck causes some meeeeean hangovers

Same for me. Also, too many absolutely ruin my stomach. I stick to no more than 2 at a time, pretty much the same as when I drink beer...

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Give me Dos Equis or Modelo Negro anytime. SunKing has two beers that I like but I'd have to sample them all to remember which two. Of course, any of them would taste better on the back porch with some 80 degree weather.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Every week, I get a growler of Osiris for $5. Can't beat that!

Just had a Sam Adam's Cold Snap the other day. Very tastey wheat.

My favorite beer has to be Bell's Oberon.

Most refreshing summertime "beer" is a liney's shandy. I have to be very careful how many of those I go through.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Every week, I get a growler of Osiris for $5. Can't beat that!

Just had a Sam Adam's Cold Snap the other day. Very tastey wheat.

My favorite beer has to be Bell's Oberon.

Most refreshing summertime "beer" is a liney's shandy. I have to be very careful how many of those I go through.

Delicious, yet dangerous.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I haven't drank much beer in the last year or so, and when I did it was generally sun king, corona, or Miller Chill/Bud Light lime. I used to enjoy Coors light/miller light but now they just taste awful to me. I know... "That isn't beer!" And all that.

I am not a beer snob in any way, but now it looks like I may have to spend more on beer. Maybe my palate is just maturing.

As if to highlight the issue, my son just knocked over my Miller Light and spilled most of it while I was typing. Heh

A little late to the party here, but I think it's a combination of factors. First, yes, your palate is maturing. Second, maybe you want different things out of your beer than when you were younger.

I've talked to LOTS of beer drinkers, both "snobs" and non-"snobs". The ones content to drink Bud Light, et. al. are usually (not always, of course) just looking to get a buzz on as quickly and as cheaply as possible. They don't really care what their beer tastes like. Their beer is not the focus of their activity, it's the punctuation to the tailgate party. In addition, they've never really been exposed to craft beers (or been turned off by the craft beer culture or the snobbishness of its members), and/or they've never considered their beer critically. That's what they've always been drinking, so that's obviously the beer they like to drink, Q.E.D.

There's nothing wrong with any of those positions. On the other hand, I'm very much a lightweight when it comes to alcohol. I don't like being drunk and I start getting a buzz going after just a couple of beers, and so I want to make the most of the experience during the two or three I get to drink before I have to quit. Getting hammered has never been the reason for me to drink a beer. The traditional mainstream beers are meant to get you drunk and that's about it. They don't have a whole lot of taste. Craft beers, on the other hand, have an endless variety of tastes, textures, weights, ABV, etc. For me, the act of drinking the beer is the reason I'm drinking it. The tailgate party is the part that's the punctuation.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Drink quality over quantity.

Now enjoy this:
    [video=youtube;KWBV7yKWhWE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWBV7yKWhWE[/video]

Oh, and I detest being called a snob because I like beer with taste and aroma. The true snobs are the Budmilloors drinkers who turn their noses up at anything remotely flavorful. "Oh, is that dark? I don't drink dark beers." Me, I'll drink anything*. Smells like a an old horse blanket in a hot barn and taste like sour ginger? Server it up! :40oz:

* Yes, almost anything. I'm a beer judge so I've had more than my share of bad beers. One thing I will pass on is a beer where human fluids are listed as an ingredient. One of my fellow judges was submitted a beer with "one drop of blood". :eek: He said, "well, it looks good" and then immediately dumped the bottle down the drain.

Last edited:

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    I like all beers. Dark, light, hoppy, bitter, watery, I will still drink it. Some you just drink faster to get to the next good one to slow down and enjoy.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Drink quality over quantity.

Now enjoy this:
    [video=youtube;KWBV7yKWhWE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWBV7yKWhWE[/video]

Oh, and I detest being called a snob because I like beer with taste and aroma. The true snobs are the Budmilloors drinkers who turn their noses up at anything remotely flavorful. "Oh, is that dark? I don't drink dark beers." Me, I'll drink anything*. Smells like a an old horse blanket in a hot barn and taste like sour ginger? Server it up! :40oz:

* Yes, almost anything. I'm a beer judge so I've had more than my share of bad beers. One thing I will pass on is a beer where human fluids are listed as an ingredient. One of my fellow judges was submitted a beer with "one drop of blood". :eek: He said, "well, it looks good" and then immediately dumped the bottle down the drain.

What is this beer judging thing you speak of? And where do I enlist? :D

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Coors light is fairy ****.

My favorite is my homebrew IPA. That being said, the best beer is free beer.

1186203_10201802657011117_546022427_n.jpg

Top Bottom