• ...and so much more!
  • Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Ha sorry couldn't resist the pun.

So I was in the market for a gun last December and loved the Springfield 1911, still do. BUT I don't think I did enough research before I purchased the gun. I wanted to get a gun to carry, I don't think I'll mind carrying a full size gun my only issue is the sights on the range officer. I love the gun, just don't know if it's the right carry gun for me.

I know this is my fault, ill chalk it up to a new guy mistake. I only know of one set of sights that I can put on the range officer (Harrison's) since they already have the adjustable cut.

I guess my questions are:

1. Anyone carry a full size?
    2. Do you have pictures of your full size in a holster or on your person?
    3. Should I just try new sights or try to sell/trade for a better carry 1911?

I know these questions may sound dumb to some people but hey...I'm new!

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I carry a full size Springfield 1911 in a Barsony shoulder rig.
    Works good, no problem with the sights.
    No pictures of my shoulder rig or it on me though, sorry.
    Nothing stopping you from purchasing a second gun to carry.
    I carry a Smith and Wesson when it is warmer out as it is easier to conceal.
    I also carry a P3AT for a back up.
    Now to the good stuff.

100_2012.jpg

100_2011.jpg

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I carry a full size. Glock 21. I have a Remington R1 1911 as well and have a OWB holster for it but honestly do not enjoy carrying it because its so much more heavy than my fully loaded glock. I use either a IWB kidney holster or SERPA OWB holster for the glock. Both work well. Its all up to personal preference.

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    I carry a 1911 in an IWB (think cross tuck type holster) at about 4:30 on my right hip. My "frame" (some might say "girth") is big enough that no one notices it. My son, who is not blessed with a large frame ( about 5'9" and 155) wears his IWB @6 and if you are looking closely might see him printing now and then.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    I carry a full size 24/7 Pro. It's a double stack mag so it's kinda thick. But if you go with a 1911 it wont be bad. I am actually looking for a 1911 to switch to, so I can get that thinner profile.

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I guess carrying full size isn't really the issue then, it's the sights that ill need to change. Just wish there were more options bc the Harrison's are kind of klunky. But I do like the gun so it should be worth it.

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    With a good holster/belt combination, a full size gun should be no problem. Get a good set of night sights or something you like and carry on!

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    With a good holster/belt combination, a full size gun should be no problem. Get a good set of night sights or something you like and carry on!

Thats what I'd like to do, but there seems to be only one set out there that will work with the range officer since it has adjustable sights, and they are big and klunky.

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Keep in mind that the Range Officer was made to be upgraded.

See thats what I had heard, but it already has a nice beaver tail on it, great triger and hammer, the only thing (after thinking about it and writing out this post) Im not really happy with are the sights.

What other upgrades are there to think about?

Top Bottom