• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Have you looked into a Springfield TRP? i think it may be a tad different but it may be the ticket.

I actually really like that, I wonder if I could find a new one around Indy area. I have only put about 350 rds through my RO so its very new.

The Springfield EMP might be better for a carry weapon and you still get that 1911 style you want.

I really want to stay with .45 acp and if I'm not mistaken the EMP is 9mm.

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    If you wanna see if one is in stock at Indiana gun club? (I think thats the name) they have the largest selection of 1911 to my knowledge. Otherwise I know Elmores down in Greenwood has quite a few 1911s in stock.

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I may check them out, I just called JM Gunsmith and hes going to do some research and see if he can't figure something out for me. If not I'll start checking around at different shops. I really want to buy a Glock 21 or Glock 30 or 30S as a second gun so maybe if I do have to trade, I could get a shop to work something out with me.

BudS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Jeffersonville, IN
    I love the 1911 and carried them for years, but now I prefer a short version. I carry a RI 3.5" CS-Tactical and love it. It 1.5" shorter on the front end and with the shortened grip, it make a much more concealable piece. Lighter too.

Now you have a reason to buy a new pistol. Be careful, it may become addictive! You could end up with a collection!

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I love the 1911 and carried them for years, but now I prefer a short version. I carry a RI 3.5" CS-Tactical and love it. It 1.5" shorter on the front end and with the shortened grip, it make a much more concealable piece. Lighter too.

Now you have a reason to buy a new pistol. Be careful, it may become addictive! You could end up with a collection!

Im already addicted haha thats why I was looking at the G30/G30s. I already know I want another 1911 already, but I want to get a fancy one.

squish

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    South Bend area
    I carry a Kimber Warrior OWB in the winter, and it conceals nicely with a long button up shirt. In the summer months I swtich to IWB with the same weapon, and a short sleeved button up......the full sized 1911 just simply dissapears.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Ha sorry couldn't resist the pun.

So I was in the market for a gun last December and loved the Springfield 1911, still do. BUT I don't think I did enough research before I purchased the gun. I wanted to get a gun to carry, I don't think I'll mind carrying a full size gun my only issue is the sights on the range officer. I love the gun, just don't know if it's the right carry gun for me.

I know this is my fault, ill chalk it up to a new guy mistake. I only know of one set of sights that I can put on the range officer (Harrison's) since they already have the adjustable cut.

I guess my questions are:

1. Anyone carry a full size?
    2. Do you have pictures of your full size in a holster or on your person?
    3. Should I just try new sights or try to sell/trade for a better carry 1911?

I know these questions may sound dumb to some people but hey...I'm new!

My daily carry is my new S&W 1911 commander length bobtail. It about he same weight as my S&W M7P 5" fully loaded, easier to conceal, has great sights (Trijicon night sights), and is so dang accurate. ;)

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    You can have several different sights put on you gun. You can have a dovetail cut to fit the one you want. AllenM Diamond Collision Services Azon, IN put Novak Sigts on a 1911 recutting the rear dovetail and cut a dovetail on the front for me. I had Novak Serrated Tritium front sight and a Novak Wide Notch Tritium rear sight put on. I would put a stright 8 type on if I was to do it today. I'll list two web address to look at the sights. Cutting a new dovetail will not lower you resale value of the gun.
    Genuine Novak Sights
    Heinie Specialty Products | High Quality Replacement Pistol Sights
    www.dawsonprecision.com SIGHTS REAR:1911 Mil Spec Rear Sights:1911 Mil Spec Charger Rear Sights Category

Send Allen M a pm and he will get back to you.

Top Bottom