• ...and so much more!
  • T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    The first time I held a Glock I knew I had to have one. I looked at alot of other 9mm's and held all of them and weighed out the pro's and con's of each. They were all cheaper and nice in their own respect, but when I finally held my 17 gen 4 it only took me 2-3 minutes to decide to buy it. I will admit though that the Springfield XDM was a very close 2nd. I love the low weight, very balanced feel, and 17 round mags. The accuracy is great too!

Fishe39392

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I didnt use to be a Glock guy until the first time I shot one at the range...now I'm a total Glock guy. I own 2 (23 and 27) and plan on eventually getting at least one more. Congrats on the new Glock!

JJ1977

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    NE Indy
    I am personnally looking at some Glocks but I am still not an owner. I may have to take a sip of this coolaide and hop I don't become to addicted...

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I am personnally looking at some Glocks but I am still not an owner. I may have to take a sip of this coolaide and hop I don't become to addicted...

GLOCKS aren't addicting:laugh: They are just a good tool, won't be a collectors item, it won't bother you much when you get holster wear:D can't have bragging rights with a glock:rolleyes:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon

I'd beg to differ with the others that say they AREN'T addictive; I now think in terms of which Glock is next not what gun is next! I now feel that I need a second Glock 21! If it weren't for the love and respect I have for the 1911 I wou ld have turned all my pistols into Glocks!

huntercam

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Middlebury, IN
    i also have never been a glock fan but i am adding another gun to the cabinet and the 26 or 27 is on the list. just haven't decided between them or a small 1911 style.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    im currently staring at the kool-aid, debating taking a sip or not lol

I had always respected Glock but was a bit of an 'all steel and walnut'-snob and didn't think plastic and pistol should be two words used together in the same sentence. After working with a friend that was a big Glock user, and watching shooters using Glocks, and many using stock Glocks, that were dominating when they shot got me to think about giving them a good long look. I had an XDm9 that I bought on a whim but it just wasn't for me, I felt the trigger was just plain awful and there wasn't anyway I was going to spend more money on a new gun to get it to shoot better. My local shop had a gently used Glock 35 in and I traded for that figuring I could always sell it for more than I traded for it if I didn't like it. After the first mag I was thinking about how hard it's going to be admitting to my friend that I liked shooting that 35; I still have to eat crow from time to time since I'm currently working on adding a 6th Glock to the collection!

The things that have sold the brand to me are their simpleness; they are one of the easiest to disassemble, clean and maintain. They are perfect for all types of carry since they have no real edges that can snag; everything is tucked in nice and neat. The magazines interchange with other pistols of the same caliber. The mags for the 34 and 17 are the same but can be used in the 19 and the 26...same with the Glock 21 mags being used in the Glock 30...many models can use another models barrel so you could have the same gun shoot multiple calibers. The Glock 10mm, .45 ACP and .45 GAP models are all larger frames/slides (just slide in the case of the GAP) but nearly every holster made for one Glock will fit the other models. No more mounds of holsters for all the different models; I personally use Glock's Sport/Combat holster that runs about $12.99 for the Glock 21 sized guns and all models of Glock work in it.

As much as I love my Glocks I know they aren't for everyone but a shooter would do themselves a huge disservice by NOT giving them an honest look...the kool-aid tastes so sweet once you do! :D

fatmatt1981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2011
    North Vernon
    I have had a Glock 17 for years now, and it gets used more than my XD-9 to be honest. I've had good luck with both however the XD had some finish issues when I bought it....the Glock has not. It sits in the sock drawer, away from my Xd so they won't argue.
    I just bought myself a Glock 19, and might be in the market for a Glock 30 .45...I just sold my Ruger P90 and miss having a big bore already.:(

I've bought several items from topglock.com, and have had good experience from rockyourglock.com if you get interested in a little custom stuff...I got The Punisher logo slide plate, and a magazine floor plate......they also carry springs/rods etc.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I had the same negative thoughts about glocks for a long time as well. I have since changed my mind. They definitely get less attractive as the frame size goes up but the simple, sleek design has me drinking it too. I carry a g26 and it is very comfortable and concealable with or without a holster. It has been to the range many times and has not failed to fire with any type of ammo I've fed to it.

Well said. Exactly my experience with the G26.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom