• ...and so much more!
  • Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    Glock

I was not a fan of Glocks for a long time. After a lot of range time, I was changed. I still think they are ugly as hell but they do go bang everytime. As for the mags , if you ar not in a hurry look in the for sale threads here.
    I picked up a couple of the old banned high cap marked LEO only off a guy on here for like 15.00 each. I would stay away from the Korean produced mags (KMI or something like that) ,I have heard nothing good about them .

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    I shot my brothers new G17 today at the range and we are both hoping it feels better with time. The "safe" trigger actually was uncomfortable to use. I have heard so much good about Glock that I was shocked that I wasn't impressed.
    His new xdm40 was incredible to shoot. I am by no means an expert and am not slamming on the Glock.

Obiward

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Fortville
    I shot my buddy's G22 today at the range. Glocks feel like a brick in my hand and I don't like their trigger but I was shooting it better than my P229. I might have to consider one now. Anyone have a direct comparison of a Glock to a SR9?

qualitytym

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Porter County
    :rockwoot:Just back back from the range. WOW!! VERY accurate and a pleasure to shoot. Trigg and grip not as nice as the XDM, but Glock has a better sight system. Really getting to like the Less is More look. Might have to sell the XDM...

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I shot my brothers new G17 today at the range and we are both hoping it feels better with time. The "safe" trigger actually was uncomfortable to use. I have heard so much good about Glock that I was shocked that I wasn't impressed.
    His new xdm40 was incredible to shoot. I am by no means an expert and am not slamming on the Glock.

The XDm should feel better trigger-wise, it has a match trigger in it.

Put a Vanek trigger in a Glock and you'll be drooling.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I shot my buddy's G22 today at the range. Glocks feel like a brick in my hand and I don't like their trigger but I was shooting it better than my P229. I might have to consider one now. Anyone have a direct comparison of a Glock to a SR9?

Went to the range with the father-in-law on Saturday and we got to try out his new SR9C. I'm a Glock guy but was very impressed with the SR9. The trigger felt more like a single-action trigger when compared to the Glock. It does set higher in the hand, more like an XD or 1911 even than the Glock. Sites are very good along with the overall feel of the gun, too. The gun felt great to shoot no matter if you had the smaller 10-round mag or the larger 17-round mag with extension on it. My only problem with the gun, and it has more to do with the way I hold it, is that my thumb kept riding on the slide release and I'd have the slide close on an empty chamber. I to a 'thumbs forward' grip and I would find my thumb resting right over the release; on a side-note I had the same issues with my SIG. The FIL was very happy with the purchase after being able to shoot the G17 and the SR9C back to back. The size and feel of the SR9 was much more to his liking.

Overall I was very impressed with the SR9; it is different than the Glock, though. It feels more like the XD than the Glock with it's ergonomics. It shot a wide variety of WWB, Remington JHP and even some of my own personal 124 grain FMJ hand loads and liked them all. I'd easily recommend one but they may not be for all Glock guys since the feel of the gun is different; those that like the XDm might find the SR9 a better fit and the price is very attractive since you can find them under $425 for either the SR9 or SR9C.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    dark-side1-e1290525344800.jpg

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Being a huge fan of Springfield, namely my beloved XDM, I've resisted the Glock mania. However, I found a deal I couln't pass up at Cabelas. A Glock 17 that looks like it was never shot. No box, one mag at a very attractive price. After a good cleaning and flossing, I am somewhat intrigued by what I used to consider "butt ugly" , now seeming elegantly clean and simple. I have yet to shoot the beast, but I could be on my way to assimilation, as the Glock Borg would say. Maybe it is futile. Where is the best place for another mag for the 17? :patriot:

CDNN is where I buy my mags from:twocents:

HogDaddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    s indy
    Plainfield Shooting Supplies always has a great supply of mags. At the Indy 1500 they have glock armors on site to add goodies. I own an xd and numerous glocks. Both are GREAT firearms. :ar15:

Colonel D

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Indy
    My wife picked up her G26 in '95. I didn't much care for them until I handled and fired hers when we took it to the range. It's a nice pistol that I'd recommend to anyone. Her four extended mags really help too.

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    I think my kool-aid is getting watered down. I have always been a huge Glock fan and every time I heard someone talking about buying a handgun I would always preach Glock. But after purchasing my first XD, my love is shifting and now the XD's are starting to outnumber the Glocks.

qualitytym

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Porter County
    At the range I had one misfire with a WWB FMJ. I wrote it off as a bad round. But I read that there was a problem with gen 3 Glock, would this be the problem? :dunno:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I own quite a few GLOCKS, they will shoot, they won't rust, quailty piece, but glocks "DON"T TICKLE MY PICKLE" a good tool, but not a collectable, I want to send my GLOCK 19 to TEN RING & have them add a FRAME MOUNTED THUMB SAFETY, like a 1911

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Welcome to the Glock family. In my opinion I think the glock is the best looking gun.

2 years ago I would have thought you must have been dropped on your head as a baby if I heard you say that. Now, I'm in agreement. There is nothing quite as sexy as a 1911 but the Glock has grown on me to a point where their simplicity is just as attractive. :ar15:

Top Bottom