• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    So much fun those were, till my neighbor hit his dog in the head with one. His mom made them disappear shortly after that.

Poor dog, he never was right after that day. Always staring up in the sky waiting for another Jart to come raining down on his head.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    My mom never let me play with things like that.

So I ended up fabricating throwing stars in metal shop. :)

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    It's all fun and games until...

Picture1.png

I'll trade you the Jarts for a set of these dangerous little gems.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLHftISLNHE[/ame]

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Magnets actually are dangerous when eaten. The trick is to raise kids that aren't idiots.

The trick to raising kids that have swallowed magnets is to have another magnet strong enough to support the weight, but doesn't pinch the intestines....

In addition to Jarts, My Grandparents had a film canister with about 4 oz of mercury inside. Stayed in the junk drawer. Us kids would dump it out in the table and smack it with our palms, then push all the droplets back into a big puddle.
    He also had a Model A Ford generator. We would stand in a line, holding hands with on person holding the generator lead and another touching a ground, spin the arbor and whoever let go first got a big shock! My Uncle still has that thing in his garage.

Last edited:

bigo334

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Greenfield
    Never played with jarts but I'm young. But my brother and I did learn how to throw screw drivers and make them stick into trees from my Grampa, he also made us slingshots out of actual wood not the those metal wrist rocket things.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    These were banned because of the same people from the shallow end of the gene pool who require warnings stamped on their guns and need to be told that the coffee is hot!!!
    images

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    That was one of the coolest games that we had at our Grandparents. No one ever got hit in the head with them though... I believe that we followed the instructions, even being 10 or so years old.
    Now, I actually believe I wouldn't trust my 14, 11, 9 and 8yr old ones to play with them, unless I was ref. Weird, never thought about this depicting the downfall of society...

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I blame the banning of lawn darts for the downfall of society. And I am not being facetious. I have been looking for a set for a while.

I remember playing with them as a kid and putting holes in the roof...
    I remember my dad complaining about banning them. He said they'd be taking all our liberty away if they could do them.
    Dad would go over the edge at times but as I get older he made a lot of sense.
    WW2 Vets seemed to have a lot of insight into the world. I guess once you've been where there wasn't freedom it's very precious.
    WE have to remember that and not let it be taken away

Last edited:

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    Very nice!!!! I remember those from childhood. I also remember "clacker balls" I can't remember if that was the name or not. the 2 balls that was joined by a footlong (?) string in the middle. They were both deemed "dangerous" and soon was not to be found.

pmorriso

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    Jarts, they were the answer for "You can't fix stupid". Lawn darts and explosives always seemed to gravitate towards each other, I think that is another reason you don't see these old sets around very much. Nice Find!

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Found a set of those in my Grandma's basement after she passed away. I kept them because I thought they were cool, but I've never actually played with them. Had a buddy get one embedded in his skull though. It's not always the guy who gets hurt that is stupid; it's normally his brother/friend. haha.

danbb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Cedar Lake
    Found a set of those in my Grandma's basement after she passed away. I kept them because I thought they were cool, but I've never actually played with them. Had a buddy get one embedded in his skull though. It's not always the guy who gets hurt that is stupid; it's normally his brother/friend. haha.

Guilt by association?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom