• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    If I feel inclined to donate to their cause, I always offer to take them to get what they say they need. "I need some gas" okay let's go to the gas station and I'll buy you some fuel. "i need money for food" Okay let's go to McDonalds and I'll buy you a meal. Changes the story real quick in most cases. Some have been in need and i'n glad I could help them, most are not and just looking for drug or alcohol money.

gotojuston

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Downstairs, behind the axe
    If I feel inclined to donate to their cause, I always offer to take them to get what they say they need. "I need some gas" okay let's go to the gas station and I'll buy you some fuel. "i need money for food" Okay let's go to McDonalds and I'll buy you a meal. Changes the story real quick in most cases. Some have been in need and i'n glad I could help them, most are not and just looking for drug or alcohol money.

I probably would have bought beer with it anyway! Ha! Anheuser-Busch always wins!!!

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Ahh the grifter, next time tell him you will pay him to wash the windows on your truck. Tell him you will give him 10 dollars and even if it takes him 10 minutes to do the job, which it wont, you just offered him a $60 dollar an hour job. If he is a grifter no way he will do it, if his story is true he will happily take your offer.

grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    You nailed it - scam has been confirmed. Scruffy guy, mid-50s maybe. This was at the Love's station near exit 133 on I65. I'll definetely let the manager know the next time I'm in there. I have learned a valuable lesson in all of this and thank all of you for the words of advice.

Okay, at the Marathon at 334 and I-65 about two weeks ago I had a similar guy say about the same thing (farmer going to the Purdue vet school). He was riding with two other guys in a POS Explorer. I noticed him eyeing me when I drove in, so I parked away from him and watched him. He walked near me acting like he was on a cell phone. I turned my back for a second and back around and he walked up to me. He started in on the BS and I told him to "BACK OFF!". He walked away and called me a rude SOB, which I responded too...

I think he got some guy in a minivan to buy them gas? (Might have intimidated him into doing too... as they guy had his family with him?)

I was not carrying myself... just stopped to fill up the wife's ride (which I insist on doing).

gotojuston

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Downstairs, behind the axe
    He started in on the BS and I told him to "BACK OFF!". He walked away and called me a rude SOB, which I responded too...
    ...my new SOP. I just can't empathize with this sort of begging stuff, don't you think your manhood would be in question every day knowing you leech off other people? It's such a shame society is so full of this now-a-days.:xmad:

grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    Well....you just need one of these Harris Tactical Patches...:rockwoot:

Harris Tactical Propaganda

Nice!

gotojuston, well the "BACK OFF!" worked as he stepped back and started walking away. I suspect that these guys think their going to intimidate the person and get something from them, and they don't expect someone immediately jumping down their throat. I had a similar situation at a Speedway a few years ago. A big black guy stopped near me, jumped out and told me that Jesus wanted to save my soul. I said the same thing and possibly more, and it startled him and I got in and drove away.

I hate gas stations... Too bad I drive a Jeep as I'm there a lot. :D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom